How About We Elect Our Presidents By Popular Vote?

It would cause 99% of the states to lose representation.
Dumb idea.
Has already been debated adnausium.
There are only 50 States and 5 Territories. There are 333,320,757 people as of today thinking their vote for President should count the same as all the rest once eligible. One man, one vote. No taxation without representation.
"Has already been debated adnausium." -- not this proposition and it's spelled ad nauseum.

There are only 50 States and 5 Territories. There are 333,320,757 people as of today thinking their vote for President should count the same as all the rest once eligible. One man, one vote. No taxation without representation.
"Has already been debated adnausium." -- not this proposition and it's spelled ad nauseum.

Yeah it has, there has been at least 5 other threads on the topic. This one is just redundant.

So the votes of those in smaller states count proportionally more than those in bigger states. Last I checked, the Constitution had something to say about people being treated unequally before the law?

Some the votes of those in smaller states count proportionally more than those in bigger states.

Bullshit.

Total :spinner:.

The voters in a state vote ONLY in their state.

STATES vote for the president.

LA County has a larger population than 8 midwest states.

Should they have more right to decide who is president than those 8 states?

Do they even CARE about those 8 states?

The EC gives each of those states the same chance of naming a president as California does.

Democracy ends at the State lines idiot.

You Texans know all about ending democracy killing womens rights restricting voting carry without a license anything I'm missing? Last time I was in Texas was in the service at Ft Bliss Wouldn't serve me and a black friend because he said he was African Bet it hasn't changed much

Bullshit.

Total :spinner:.

The voters in a state vote ONLY in their state.

STATES vote for the president.

LA County has a larger population than 8 midwest states.

Should they have more right to decide who is president than those 8 states?

Do they even CARE about those 8 states?

The EC gives each of those states the same chance of naming a president as California does.
So the States possess Constitutional rights, not the voters. {except in every election but for President}?

You Texans know all about ending democracy killing womens rights restricting voting carry without a license anything I'm missing? Last time I was in Texas was in the service at Ft Bliss Wouldn't serve me and a black friend because he said he was African Bet it hasn't changed much
Wouldn't serve me and a black friend because he said he was African Bet it hasn't changed much

as usual, you'd be wrong

So the votes of those in smaller states count proportionally more than those in bigger states. Last I checked, the Constitution had something to say about people being treated unequally before the law?

You dumb POS, the number of electors each State has is based on that States population. Get over yourself already.

Basic civics, American history, and understanding of the Constitution is sorely lacking generally.

No I think you've pretty much covered all the commie talking points, propaganda and lies. FOAD

Forum List

Back