How are we going to stop the liberal war on free speech and conservative voices?

"Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins."

So they dissolve the Constitution.....next?
That is their ultimate goal. My ultimate goal with this thread was to spark a conversation and wake people up to what is happening right under their noses.
You've failed to achieve your goal.

All you've succeeded in doing is to exhibit your ignorance and partisan idiocy.

I find it ironic that the left in this thread are using the first amendment to excuse the practice of silencing conservative viewpoints.

Essentially protect the machine at the expense of the people...
Where do you come with this idiocy - no one seeks to 'silence conservative viewpoints,' liberals in particular.

Well, actually, they do seek that. Witness, for example, the efforts to prevent conservative speakers from speaking on many college campuses and, failing that, the violence that seeks to shut down their speech. They're not using government power to squelch speech, yet, but that's not the same as saying that they won't.

These companies understand one thing: money. Stop using their free services and they will change their business practices accordingly. You have no more a right to post on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter than I have the right to force a baker to make me a cake for my faggy wedding.
I don't believe for 1 second that you would have a "faggy" wedding.

I perceive a good time for all.

It might would be "fabulous!"

From colleges to YouTube and now Diamond & Silk on Facebook.
Facebook to Diamond and Silk: Your content, brand ‘dangerous to the community’

Two conservative black women being targeted as a "danger to the community"

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

And by 'free speech' you mean anything but the right wing websites.

You think that Infowars or WND allow 'free speech' on their sites?

Here is a clue- if you believe in Capitalism- don't do business with any business you feel is 'stifling' free speech- i.e. not providing the politically partisan messages you want.

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

Here is a clue- if you believe in Capitalism- don't do business with any business you feel is 'stifling' free speech- i.e. not providing the politically partisan messages you want.
I have never been to those websites so I can't speak to their practices but I doubt they are a communal type place. Not only that but all of these places have a TOS that you agree to before participating. That TOS typically defines what can and might get you shut down. I have seen no evidence that Diamond & Silk, for instance violated any TOS. They just became wildly popular and their voice was contrary to that of the powers that be at Facebook so Facebook deemed them a "danger"

Learned the def of liberal yet?
Might be useful to know the meaning of the words we spout

Making Facebook and other large social media platforms a part of a new digital commons would be a step before we have to start thinking of open violent resistance.

Good luck. Hold your breath.......
Why would the side that's gaining the upper hand need to make such concessions?
If anything, you'll be forced to subsidize Facebook and other liberal outlets......like UNIONS

You MAY instead, want to focus on the fact that the US and Russia are escalating tensions and we're dangerously close to a conflict with Russia......

In Spite of the imbeciles on this forum who keep saying Trump and Putin are lovers
Facebook likely invites government regulation. It would ensure their monopoly is not sunk by competitors

Regulation wouldn't equal monopoly.
Regulation would free them to avoid public backlash for decisions made and make it harder for upstart companies.

They seem to be only facing backlash for the data mining, silencing conservative voices they seem to be getting a pass on.

These companies understand one thing: money. Stop using their free services and they will change their business practices accordingly. You have no more a right to post on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter than I have the right to force a baker to make me a cake for my faggy wedding.
I don't believe for 1 second that you would have a "faggy" wedding.

I perceive a good time for all.

It might would be "fabulous!"

Indeed it was. True story: There wasn't a drop of Bombay Sapphire left in the Hilton. :lol:

The problem is they don't say that out front, they claim to be an open public space, AND they give some lip service to free speech.

The problem is only one side is gunning for that ass, and you stick to your "principles" as they measure out the rope for your hanging party.

Sorry, you aren't on their side, you are worse. You are an ignorant idiot.

I am on the side of liberty, first and foremost. I will always take the side of liberty over the side of more Govt control.

If that means I am hanging myself, then at least I die with my boots on.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins."
And no one seeks to take away anyone's free speech.

The student's protesting conservative speakers want to.

Anti-fa wants to

And I'm sure you want to, you fascist cuck, but you don't have the balls to admit it.

I have never been to those websites so I can't speak to their practices but I doubt they are a communal type place. Not only that but all of these places have a TOS that you agree to before participating. That TOS typically defines what can and might get you shut down. I have seen no evidence that Diamond & Silk, for instance violated any TOS. They just became wildly popular and their voice was contrary to that of the powers that be at Facebook so Facebook deemed them a "danger"

So you are only concerned with 'freedom of speech' by business's- when it comes to certain kind of business's- allegedly shutting down certain types of speech.

And?

Facebook is a private company, at liberty to edit content as it sees fit, where by doing so in no manner limits free speech or expression.

So you are only concerned with 'freedom of speech' by business's- when it comes to certain kind of business's- allegedly shutting down certain types of speech.
Gramps has no idea what he's talking about.

Gramps has no idea what he's talking about.

Oh I think he does. I just think he is blinded by the same partisan blinders as Conservatives always have on this subject.

Right wing media- right wing websites are no bastions of free speech. But if a Contard or White supremacist gets shut down anywhere- suddenly these 'patriots' are determined that private companies must provide a forum for any right wing whacko out there.

When the Birther idiocy was at its peak sites like Infowars and WND regularly not only censored comments by people refuting Birther idiocy- they went further and blocked the posters completely.

How am I supposed to be against suppression on a website I know nothing about and have never witnessed? Am I just supposed to take your word for it and start a petition?
When Trump went on his asinine rants about shutting down CNN I was one of the first to defend CNN's right to bloviate anyway they see fit.
Contrary to your assumptions I have not played sides on this issue.

If conservatives can find anybody in their ranks who didn’t refuse higher education and knowledge because both are “too liberal,” I’m sure they can easily create a competitor. Buuut I doubt they have anybody like that. They’re still hoping robots forget how to bang on rocks so they can get their coal jobs back.

Right, that's why liberals are so dominant on talk radio.

Come on, first off talk radio is for the elderly.

Secondly, I don't see conservatives applying this new 'free speech' right that forces companies like facebook to be a platform for every fucking crazy idea to apply to talk radio.

Conservatives don't want the government forcing anything of the sort, in either direction. Partisans do.

Conservatives want people to be free to express themselves, right or wrong, stupid or smart. Partisans want to control expression.

Conservatives fight efforts to give the government more control. Partisans want more control for their pet causes.

First off, 'conservative' isn't the polar opposite of 'partisan'.

Secondly, they why are conservatives all up in facebook's ass about Diamond and Silk? Personally, I think if you spout off about #pizzagate as though it were a real story facebook has a moral obligation to separate you from everyone else.

Why can't you grasp that the OP is talking about the general inability of progressives to even tolerate opposing viewpoints?

Yeah, and it is just the progressives...please. The idiots on both ends of the spectrum are basically identical.

I disagree. You don't see rightist groups stopping leftist speakers, you don't see progressive videos being taken down in the same way as conservative/libertarian ones.

I think most progressive ideas are idiotic, but I have no desire to stop people from spewing them out if they so choose.

Progressives have been shown to be far less accommodating of ideas they don't like.
IMHO? Righties will talk shit about the opposition. The left will silence them.

We have a "rightie" president that has openly spoken of shutting down a news network he does not like.
I dont think trump is a "righty" at all
Have you got a link for that? I havent heard about that
Then why do all you right wingers support him?

Perhaps what is needed is for some groups to form a few conservative versions of Facebook.
Yeah. They could call it HateBook.

Yeah, and it is just the progressives...please. The idiots on both ends of the spectrum are basically identical.

I disagree. You don't see rightist groups stopping leftist speakers, you don't see progressive videos being taken down in the same way as conservative/libertarian ones.

I think most progressive ideas are idiotic, but I have no desire to stop people from spewing them out if they so choose.

Progressives have been shown to be far less accommodating of ideas they don't like.
IMHO? Righties will talk shit about the opposition. The left will silence them.

We have a "rightie" president that has openly spoken of shutting down a news network he does not like.
I dont think trump is a "righty" at all
Have you got a link for that? I havent heard about that
Then why do all you right wingers support him?
Im not really a "right winger" nor do i support him.

Forum List

Back