How are white people discrimminated against?

Personally, I've not felt discriminated against for being white at any point in my life. The worse I've had to endure were some "white boy" jokes.

But I know a white kid who went to a black school who DEFINITELY experienced some discrimination against him. As in, physical assaults and slurs for being white. And no one took his complaints seriously because, "lul, you're white kid; check your privilege and stfu". That's really the problem with the whole white privilege narrative; it's basically just a more subtle way to tell people to shut the fuck up.

If someone's gonna say some ignorant shit, let them open their mouths and show everyone what they're made of. Telling people, "Lol, you're white and privileged, you don't get a seat at the table bruh" is just asking to lose out on valuable insight.

I agree that that happens when you are a minority in a majority school - regardless of your race.

What about when white people have much lower grades and can still get into college?

What? When does this happen?

Legacy admissions.

Liberals. :rolleyes: They say they are against the 1% but yet will give them preferential treatment when it comes to university admission practices. I think Harvard (a very liberal school) is at the top of the list for legacy admissions. So hypocritical, and this practice should end.

Nope. Not just liberals. It's across spectrums. And - even a supposedly "liberal" school has within it less liberal colleges. For example - our business/economics college is pretty conservative.

Which school would that be? Name some names.
Have you been discriminated against because of race? I haven't.

I was once interviewed for an unemployment counselor position with a state agency. When I went for the interview, I noticed that all of my future coworkers has several traits in common. About 9/10ths of the staff were women, about equal representation of white, black and Hispanic. The remaining 1/10th were all black men. If there were any Hispanic men, I did not see them. I realized that if I got the job, I would be the only white male. That would be very strange in an office of over 100 employees.

The interview went very well and every person that interviewed me and in the supervisory positions were women. I received a call the next day offering me the job. When I accepted, they indicated they would call back in a few days and give me a start date. A week went by and no call. Finally, at the end of the second week, I got a call back, saying that the director had decided that the staffing was sufficient and they would not be adding any more staff at that time, but if an opening occurred I would be called to work with no need to reapply or re-interview. That was the last I heard from them. It was a good thing I did not give notice at my current job!

Now, why do you think the job magically disappeared?

Unknown...it's possible there was racial or gender discrimmination it's also possible that they lost the job slot (I have seen that happen). I would think if it discrimmination though you'd have lost out much earlier and not gotten to the point of an offer. JMO.

Discrimination. :D

No, I'm not going to name where I work.

I was called a ''blonde white bitch'' by a black girl in a store parking lot one time. I didn't think of it being a racist comment. Was it? (we were passing one another.....her going in the store and I had come out).

What? When does this happen?

Legacy admissions.

Liberals. :rolleyes: They say they are against the 1% but yet will give them preferential treatment when it comes to university admission practices. I think Harvard (a very liberal school) is at the top of the list for legacy admissions. So hypocritical, and this practice should end.

Nope. Not just liberals. It's across spectrums. And - even a supposedly "liberal" school has within it less liberal colleges. For example - our business/economics college is pretty conservative.

I was once interviewed for an unemployment counselor position with a state agency. When I went for the interview, I noticed that all of my future coworkers has several traits in common. About 9/10ths of the staff were women, about equal representation of white, black and Hispanic. The remaining 1/10th were all black men. If there were any Hispanic men, I did not see them. I realized that if I got the job, I would be the only white male. That would be very strange in an office of over 100 employees.

The interview went very well and every person that interviewed me and in the supervisory positions were women. I received a call the next day offering me the job. When I accepted, they indicated they would call back in a few days and give me a start date. A week went by and no call. Finally, at the end of the second week, I got a call back, saying that the director had decided that the staffing was sufficient and they would not be adding any more staff at that time, but if an opening occurred I would be called to work with no need to reapply or re-interview. That was the last I heard from them. It was a good thing I did not give notice at my current job!

Unknown...it's possible there was racial or gender discrimmination it's also possible that they lost the job slot (I have seen that happen). I would think if it discrimmination though you'd have lost out much earlier and not gotten to the point of an offer. JMO.

Well since nobody can check on it, it is nothing more than an anecdote.

Interesting poll indicates that the majority of people feel their ethnicity/race is discrimminated against - including whites: Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination.

As a white female....I've never encountered discrimination. :dunno:
Ever seen the staffing at those posh, do-nothing government services,? Like say... The DMV, or TSA for instance?
Entry level positions of desirable employment is closed to non connected whites . Immigrants and minorities are given preference

I was called a ''blonde white bitch'' by a black girl in a store parking lot one time. I didn't think of it being a racist comment. Was it? (we were passing one another.....her going in the store and I had come out).

That's not discrimination so much as rude assholery by a racist bitch.

Legacy admissions.

Well since nobody can check on it, it is nothing more than an anecdote.

At this point, it's all ancedotes isn't it?

Yup. It is discrimination when you give job applicants *extra points* for being non white. It is discrimination when you give more money to students who are non white than you do to white students. It is discrimination when non white people can have much lower grades in high school and still get into college.

It would be discrimination if t hat was happening. But since its not then this is he ratings of a loon.
You're a liar.

It happens in ever school across the nation. It happens in every state office. They specifically scout minorities, and minorities are given preference. They say they give them preference in their job announcements.

Colleges and Indian reservations use a point system that gives job applicants and students more points for being a particular race.

Interesting poll indicates that the majority of people feel their ethnicity/race is discrimminated against - including whites: Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination.

Ever seen the staffing at those posh, do-nothing government services,? Like say... The DMV, or TSA for instance?
Entry level positions of desirable employment is closed to non connected whites . Immigrants and minorities are given preference

Not true in my experience.

That's kinda what I thought too.
It really didn't bother me. I ignored and went to my car and went home. lol

Personally, I've not felt discriminated against for being white at any point in my life. The worse I've had to endure were some "white boy" jokes.

But I know a white kid who went to a black school who DEFINITELY experienced some discrimination against him. As in, physical assaults and slurs for being white. And no one took his complaints seriously because, "lul, you're white kid; check your privilege and stfu". That's really the problem with the whole white privilege narrative; it's basically just a more subtle way to tell people to shut the fuck up.

If someone's gonna say some ignorant shit, let them open their mouths and show everyone what they're made of. Telling people, "Lol, you're white and privileged, you don't get a seat at the table bruh" is just asking to lose out on valuable insight.

I agree that that happens when you are a minority in a majority school - regardless of your race.

Actually I went to a white school with maybe 4 or 5 black kids at any given time. None of them were ever jumped on the way home and had slurs screamed at them. If anything, they were treated better than everyone else because no one wanted to offend them.

Not that they didn't have to deal with some racist fucker from time to time, but it's not remotely the same as what my white friend experienced.

Yup. It is discrimination when you give job applicants *extra points* for being non white. It is discrimination when you give more money to students who are non white than you do to white students. It is discrimination when non white people can have much lower grades in high school and still get into college.

It would be discrimination if t hat was happening. But since its not then this is he ratings of a loon.
You're a liar.

It happens in ever school across the nation. It happens in every state office. They specifically scout minorities, and minorities are given preference. They say they give them preference in their job announcements.

Colleges and Indian reservations use a point system that gives job applicants and students more points for being a particular race.

The confusion people have about schools is that everything is based (or should be based) on grades. It's not and never has been. It's not racism - it's what the school values in it's student body. There's nothing wrong with valuing diversity. Or writing skills in the essays they have to present. Or how well they interview in person. Or how well their research interests fit with the faculty.

I can’t recall a situation but I am self employed and my own boss. My children on the other hand some of which work for the state have seen plenty of it. One in particular has been passed over for a,woman, a black man, an ass kisser, and an outsider. Especially in state govt., merit is not a consideration in promotion.

That's kinda what I thought too.
It really didn't bother me. I ignored and went to my car and went home. lol

Ya people like that are more pathetic then anything - not worth getting knickers in a knot over.

You're a liar.

The confusion people have about schools is that everything is based (or should be based) on grades. It's not and never has been. It's not racism - it's what the school values in it's student body. There's nothing wrong with valuing diversity. Or writing skills in the essays they have to present. Or how well they interview in person. Or how well their research interests fit with the faculty.

The real question is, why is having more black people seen as "diversity"? I thought we aren't so different. What happened to the "we're all equal", "skin color ain't no thing" narrative? I mean, either we aren't intrinsically and significantly different or we are. You can't have it both ways.

You're a liar.

The real question is, why is having more black people seen as "diversity"? I thought we aren't so different. What happened to the "we're all equal", "skin color ain't no thing" narrative? I mean, either we aren't intrinsically and significantly different or we are. You can't have it both ways.

Diversity means many different things. Race, economic background, gender, ethnic background, religion. Does it bother you? We aren't all the same. We come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.

That does not mean discrimination against whites does not exist.

No one said it didn't. But the poll was interesting in that many felt it occurred but couldn't provide a specific instance of it.

You're a liar.

Diversity means many different things. Race, economic background, gender, ethnic background, religion. Does it bother you? We aren't all the same. We come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.

All that shit is superfluous.

To me, diversity is opinion. I don't give a fuck what your religion is. Give me your ideas. Then we'll find out how much diversity there really is.

Forum List

Back