How are white people discrimminated against?

Yup. It is discrimination when you give job applicants *extra points* for being non white. It is discrimination when you give more money to students who are non white than you do to white students. It is discrimination when non white people can have much lower grades in high school and still get into college.

What about when white people have much lower grades and can still get into college?

What? When does this happen?

Maybe petty accusations of racism at every turn.

96e02eb2a5853ffd74d0ae3d9fb8070a--white-privilege-political-quotes.jpg

Who are the privileged minority groups please?

Yup. It is discrimination when you give job applicants *extra points* for being non white. It is discrimination when you give more money to students who are non white than you do to white students. It is discrimination when non white people can have much lower grades in high school and still get into college.

What about when white people have much lower grades and can still get into college?

Legacy admissions.

Yo
Ever seen the staffing at those posh, do-nothing government services,? Like say... The DMV, or TSA for instance?

I can only speak for myself and my own experiences.
You've never experienced going to the DMV? You've never been to an airport? How about taken a public bus?

All of the above. No. Never experienced it.
Well if you never leave the house you aren't likely to experience much of anything that happens in society...

Is that your experience then?
That everyone's experience. Just a cursory glance reveals that low level government jobs are heavily staffed by highly disproportionate numbers of minorities, in so far as their relative numbers in society. Whether you choose to acknowledge the disparity, or not doesn't change the reality.

People get kind of confused about college admissions. It's not and never has been all about grades. Never.

Interesting poll indicates that the majority of people feel their ethnicity/race is discrimminated against - including whites: Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination.

As a white female....I've never encountered discrimination. :dunno:
Ever seen the staffing at those posh, do-nothing government services,? Like say... The DMV, or TSA for instance?

You've never experienced going to the DMV? You've never been to an airport? How about taken a public bus?

You've never faced discrimination.
You're just saying that cuz I'm white...

Yep that's right. Because whites are not being discriminated by another race on the basis of race. Every policy you cry about where it is claimed whites are being discriminated against was created by whites. And even then whites are not being discriminated against.

Yo

Well if you never leave the house you aren't likely to experience much of anything that happens in society...

That everyone's experience. Just a cursory glance reveals that low level government jobs are heavily staffed by highly disproportionate numbers of minorities, in so far as their relative numbers in society. Whether you choose to acknowledge the disparity, or not doesn't change the reality.

Who's "everybody"?

I've never been discrimminated against. I also held, at one time, a low level government job.

You've never faced discrimination.
You're just saying that cuz I'm white...

Yep that's right. Because whites are not being discriminated by another race on the basis of race. Every policy you cry about where it is claimed whites are being discriminated against was created by whites. And even then whites are not being discriminated against.

I think whites CAN be discrimminated against - just like any other racial group. For example is a minority owned business more likely to hire employee's of it's own ethnic group? I just question that it's a prevalent as claimed.

The people who coined the phrase, "White Privilege," blew it. Semantically speaking.

The better expression would have been "White Advantage." White Advantage is not even disputable.

But the "rebuttal" to White Privilege/Advantage remains that it is only one of a hundred different potential advantages and disadvantages that one might have in life, many of which are much more influential than race or ethnicity.

Having married parents, living in a good school district, or having a couple of exceptional teachers or mentors.

The people who coined the phrase, "White Privilege," blew it. Semantically speaking.

The better expression would have been "White Advantage." White Advantage is not even disputable.

But the "rebuttal" to White Privilege/Advantage remains that it is only one of a hundred different potential advantages and disadvantages that one might have in life, many of which are much more influential than race or ethnicity.

Having married parents, living in a good school district, or having a couple of exceptional teachers or mentors.

And not having a "black" sounding name.

Legacy admissions.

Liberals. :rolleyes: They say they are against the 1% but yet will give them preferential treatment when it comes to university admission practices. I think Harvard (a very liberal school) is at the top of the list for legacy admissions. So hypocritical, and this practice should end.

Have you been discriminated against because of race? I haven't.

I was once interviewed for an unemployment counselor position with a state agency. When I went for the interview, I noticed that all of my future coworkers has several traits in common. About 9/10ths of the staff were women, about equal representation of white, black and Hispanic. The remaining 1/10th were all black men. If there were any Hispanic men, I did not see them. I realized that if I got the job, I would be the only white male. That would be very strange in an office of over 100 employees.

The interview went very well and every person that interviewed me and in the supervisory positions were women. I received a call the next day offering me the job. When I accepted, they indicated they would call back in a few days and give me a start date. A week went by and no call. Finally, at the end of the second week, I got a call back, saying that the director had decided that the staffing was sufficient and they would not be adding any more staff at that time, but if an opening occurred I would be called to work with no need to reapply or re-interview. That was the last I heard from them. It was a good thing I did not give notice at my current job!

Now, why do you think the job magically disappeared?

Legacy admissions.

Liberals. :rolleyes: They say they are against the 1% but yet will give them preferential treatment when it comes to university admission practices. I think Harvard (a very liberal school) is at the top of the list for legacy admissions. So hypocritical, and this practice should end.

Nope. Not just liberals. It's across spectrums. And - even a supposedly "liberal" school has within it less liberal colleges. For example - our business/economics college is pretty conservative.

I was once interviewed for an unemployment counselor position with a state agency. When I went for the interview, I noticed that all of my future coworkers has several traits in common. About 9/10ths of the staff were women, about equal representation of white, black and Hispanic. The remaining 1/10th were all black men. If there were any Hispanic men, I did not see them. I realized that if I got the job, I would be the only white male. That would be very strange in an office of over 100 employees.

The interview went very well and every person that interviewed me and in the supervisory positions were women. I received a call the next day offering me the job. When I accepted, they indicated they would call back in a few days and give me a start date. A week went by and no call. Finally, at the end of the second week, I got a call back, saying that the director had decided that the staffing was sufficient and they would not be adding any more staff at that time, but if an opening occurred I would be called to work with no need to reapply or re-interview. That was the last I heard from them. It was a good thing I did not give notice at my current job!

Unknown...it's possible there was racial or gender discrimmination it's also possible that they lost the job slot (I have seen that happen). I would think if it discrimmination though you'd have lost out much earlier and not gotten to the point of an offer. JMO.

Personally, I've not felt discriminated against for being white at any point in my life. The worse I've had to endure were some "white boy" jokes.

But I know a white kid who went to a black school who DEFINITELY experienced some discrimination against him. As in, physical assaults and slurs for being white. And no one took his complaints seriously because, "lul, you're white kid; check your privilege and stfu". That's really the problem with the whole white privilege narrative; it's basically just a more subtle way to tell people to shut the fuck up.

If someone's gonna say some ignorant shit, let them open their mouths and show everyone what they're made of. Telling people, "Lol, you're white and privileged, you don't get a seat at the table bruh" is just asking to lose out on valuable insight.

Speaking of education, it's discriminated, BTW. :D Seeing that Coyote is a mod, I'm sure she can fix this blatant spelling error of a 3rd or 4th grade word. ;) Lol! J/K, Coyote.

I doubt you're kidding but go ahead and enjoy the dig, it's what you're good at :)

Yo

And just a cursory glance shows you that whites occupy the higher paying administrative and decision making staff positions in numbers disproportionate to their population. So you are here bitching about how blacks are 70 percent the janitors at government agencies but 1 percent of agency heads or decision makers. The next thing coming from your dumb ass will be how the NBA discriminates against whites. This just how stupid the argument made by whites relative to this issue is. They are just making shit up and calling it discrimination.

Legacy admissions.

Nope. Not just liberals. It's across spectrums. And - even a supposedly "liberal" school has within it less liberal colleges. For example - our business/economics college is pretty conservative.

Which school would that be? Name some names.

Unknown...it's possible there was racial or gender discrimmination it's also possible that they lost the job slot (I have seen that happen). I would think if it discrimmination though you'd have lost out much earlier and not gotten to the point of an offer. JMO.

Discrimination. :D

Forum List

Back