How are white people discrimminated against?

When one race or sex gets certain privileges that another does not through laws, there is discrimination. Just like the far left wants to remove all forms of discriminations such as statues, flags etc, They are racist as they put it. The marriage license was born out of racism to keep white form marrying blacks, do you see the far left wanting to get rid of that symbol of racism?

The far left is not open to ideas outside the far left religion.

Just like those that live in bad areas can not figure out why the police act they way they do towards. When you have 80% you r 911 calls in a bad area and those people act like thugs to the police, how do you expect them to react?

Racism is a state of mind, if you want to find racism, it can be found. Then again if you are not looking for it, then most likely will not see it.

White are discriminated against just like any other race. Unless you believe the far left version of racism that only whites can be racist.

Seriously though, does that ever occur to you in your small one-issue minds? Maybe you are just an asshole and that's why people don't like you? It really has nothing to do with the color of your skin but people just don't want to be around you?

We aren't all the same. We come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.

Indeed. What we need in this country is to concentrate resources on the best of backgrounds and experiences.

And who determines that?

Res ipsa loquitur.

Sorry....don't get it.

Res ipsa loquitur - Wikipedia

Latin. The thing speaks for itself. Literally, "what you see is what you get". Most commonly used in legal matters concerned with negligence.

Interesting poll indicates that the majority of people feel their ethnicity/race is discrimminated against - including whites: Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination.

As a white female....I've never encountered discrimination. :dunno:

Of course Whites are discriminated against for reasons other than race. I've experience degradation for my religion. So have Mormons, Amish, Catholics, etc.

But there is some real discrimination against white people. Because they actually created much of the Western world that other cultures now seek to live in. And OUR heritage, culture, history is fair game for being maligned whereas EACH of theirs is to be PUBLICLY celebrated and embraced as "multiculturism". To REALLY SEE this, you have to have lived in a deep Blue region for awhile. Where the ACTUAL history of this country is diminished in favor of AMPLIFYING others.

When you've WORKED and ENJOYED a truly multicultural workplace and life, you start to RESENT be pummeled with the insults to how the largely white Western world developed. AS IF --- it was the only place on the planet with slavery, genocide, political issues. It wasn't.

Personally, I've not felt discriminated against for being white at any point in my life. The worse I've had to endure were some "white boy" jokes.

But I know a white kid who went to a black school who DEFINITELY experienced some discrimination against him. As in, physical assaults and slurs for being white. And no one took his complaints seriously because, "lul, you're white kid; check your privilege and stfu". That's really the problem with the whole white privilege narrative; it's basically just a more subtle way to tell people to shut the fuck up.

If someone's gonna say some ignorant shit, let them open their mouths and show everyone what they're made of. Telling people, "Lol, you're white and privileged, you don't get a seat at the table bruh" is just asking to lose out on valuable insight.

I think that when whites find themselves in a situation where they are a minority, perhaps they need to understand the history of race relations before they start talking about how some white kid who went to a mostly black school was discriminated against. Because the first thing you need to ask is why is this school so disproportionately represented. And then you do the same for the suburbs and start citing examples of where the only black kid in an all white school gets discriminated against in a real way by teachers, administration, staff and students. A racial slur is not discrimination Denying opportunity or grades would be. It kinda helps to know exactly what discrimination is before you make a claim of it against anyone. White privilege thing is real. It allows whites to think they are being discriminated against with no proof and actually have discussions and articles written that defends such a claim. If blacks were getting 70 percent of the jobs, owned the most property, ran the most businesses, got most of the college admissions and generally had 15 times the wealth of whites, we would not be taken seriously if we claimed we were being discriminated against.

Time to go back to the world series.

Wait, so you think being jumped and having racial slurs screamed at you is not discrimination? Some hella crazy drugs you're on my guy.

No. Given I am black and have had those things happen to me because of whites, I think I know the difference between that and ;laws or policies made that deny me of opportunity. That white dude got beat up, now which black person there could deny him of a job? So tell me if you are called a honky bastard, will that mean you will be denied opportunity? The problem with what you say is in how whites transferred the racial slurs into laws and policy denying rights. If all we blacks faced was being called n words and nothing else was denied, no problem. But that is not what happens.

Interesting poll indicates that the majority of people feel their ethnicity/race is discrimminated against - including whites: Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination.

Of course Whites are discriminated against for reasons other than race. I've experience degradation for my religion. So have Mormons, Amish, Catholics, etc.

But there is some real discrimination against white people. Because they actually created much of the Western world that other cultures now seek to live in. And OUR heritage, culture, history is fair game for being maligned whereas EACH of theirs is to be PUBLICLY celebrated and embraced as "multiculturism". To REALLY SEE this, you have to have lived in a deep Blue region for awhile. Where the ACTUAL history of this country is diminished in favor of AMPLIFYING others.

When you've WORKED and ENJOYED a truly multicultural workplace and life, you start to RESENT be pummeled with the insults to how the largely white Western world developed. AS IF --- it was the only place on the planet with slavery, genocide, political issues. It wasn't.

Load of crap.

Some PEOPLE are better, more fun and superior people than other people, that is for sure. ;) Doesn't have anything to do with race though. I think people who focus on such issues all the time are like a wet blanket. It dampens your personality and makes you no fun to be around because you bring everyone around you down.

That does not mean discrimination against whites does not exist.

No one said it didn't. But the poll was interesting in that many felt it occurred but couldn't provide a specific instance of it.

If you can provide a specific instance, you would be independently wealthy from the sttlement and not bothering with posting on USMB.

Not sure what you are going on about.

I'm only going by what the article said based on their interviews with people.

How does one go about proving one was discriminated against?

Many years ago, my wife went to apply for health insurance for our children from the state as I was making slightly more then minimum wage and she was unemployed. The black lady taking her application was none too pleasant and kept giving her a bad attitude. The other workers were as pleasant as they could be to the mostly black and Hispanic applicants, but my wife was a young, attractive blonde in a sea of ugly, overweight single mothers. After reviewing the application, she was informed that we did not qualify.

My wife decided after talking with me that we needed another opinions, so she went back and applied again the next day with another worker who just happened to be white. Her application was approved with no problems. Then my wife asked to see the supervisor explaining to the lady that she was not the subject of the request. My wife then was lead to a supervisor's office where she laid the two applications down side-by-side so the supervisor could see that the information was identical down to the part where the approval or disapproval was noted, then asked him to explain the difference. She became very embarrassed, apologized and stated she would handle the problem immediately. The offending clerk was then called to the supervisor's office to explain, but she had no excuse. My wife walked out as the worker was being verbally berated by the supervisor to the point everyone in the office could hear despite the door being closed. She just smiled at everyone as she walked out, approved paperwork in hand. Discrimination? What would you call it?

upload_2017-10-29_20-46-38.png

Yah don't say........................

Personally, I've not felt discriminated against for being white at any point in my life. The worse I've had to endure were some "white boy" jokes.

But I know a white kid who went to a black school who DEFINITELY experienced some discrimination against him. As in, physical assaults and slurs for being white. And no one took his complaints seriously because, "lul, you're white kid; check your privilege and stfu". That's really the problem with the whole white privilege narrative; it's basically just a more subtle way to tell people to shut the fuck up.

If someone's gonna say some ignorant shit, let them open their mouths and show everyone what they're made of. Telling people, "Lol, you're white and privileged, you don't get a seat at the table bruh" is just asking to lose out on valuable insight.

I think that when whites find themselves in a situation where they are a minority, perhaps they need to understand the history of race relations before they start talking about how some white kid who went to a mostly black school was discriminated against. Because the first thing you need to ask is why is this school so disproportionately represented. And then you do the same for the suburbs and start citing examples of where the only black kid in an all white school gets discriminated against in a real way by teachers, administration, staff and students. A racial slur is not discrimination Denying opportunity or grades would be. It kinda helps to know exactly what discrimination is before you make a claim of it against anyone. White privilege thing is real. It allows whites to think they are being discriminated against with no proof and actually have discussions and articles written that defends such a claim. If blacks were getting 70 percent of the jobs, owned the most property, ran the most businesses, got most of the college admissions and generally had 15 times the wealth of whites, we would not be taken seriously if we claimed we were being discriminated against.

Wait, so you think being jumped and having racial slurs screamed at you is not discrimination? Some hella crazy drugs you're on my guy.

No. Given I am black and have had those things happen to me because of whites, I think I know the difference between that and ;laws or policies made that deny me of opportunity. That white dude got beat up, now which black person there could deny him of a job? So tell me if you are called a honky bastard, will that mean you will be denied opportunity? The problem with what you say is in how whites transferred the racial slurs into laws and policy denying rights. If all we blacks faced was being called n words and nothing else was denied, no problem. But that is not what happens.

It took me six months to get my first job. With an MBA. Polish heritage. You think it's easy to get work if you're white, dude? Maybe you just weren't getting jobs because they weren't right for you. Or because you weren't good for them? Not everything is some racial conspiracy. In fact, very little is.

Thing is, I didn't give up. I had to take a hard look at myself and think about what I was doing wrong, and what I had to do to get better at interviews. I didn't blame other people. I put the blame on myself and accepted responsibility. Just saying, "Oh, I didn't get the job because everyone's racist and I'm black" does not help anyone get a job.

Last edited:

What is white culture though?

We can identify specifics that characterize various celebrated cultures in this country: Mexican, Polish, Italian, Chinese, African American, etc.

Hi Coyote Maybe you've never been in a similar position
as a white male engineer with years more experience who
got turned down for a promotion while a black man far less
qualified got the job in order to meet expectations and quotas on record.
the quotas for affirmative action later got ruled unconstitutional,
but not before years of discriminatory damage was done in order to meet those quotas.

Maybe you've never been yelled at and namecalled like my
white neighbor, now deceased because he dared stand up and criticize
Black Democrats (for enabling abuse of a black community) as a professor,
scholar, and author in African American history and political studies.
Accused of exploiting blacks because he was white (when in fact he was
fighting to defend rights by using his doctoral research on civil rights
and politics to publish a long history of black leaders and their abuses
destroying a national historic Black church district and civil rights landmark).

I even experienced a conflict where I was accused of being a
white male bigot and racist, parading online as a fraud, in order to
incite a race baiting contest and entrap people as a troll or mole for govt.

So even though I am of Asian descent, and could only be considered
white by culture, as in white class privilege by my education and political beliefs
in Constitutional principles, I have experienced being targeted and
verbally harassed on the basis of Perception of White race.
So even I have felt the effects of oppression and conflicts
related to black-white politics, even though I am technically Asian, not literally white.

If this hasn't been your experience, it could be your demeanor
is such that people see you as representing only yourself,]and
not some collective identity such as white or privileged
where individuals can get blamed as "associated" with an entire group.

that is excellent Coyote if you communicate and relate to others that clearly
where people can hear receive and accept you individually for who
you are as a person, regardless of race or class or gender, etc.
that is an excellent sign of transparency on your part
if people can see through any cultural differences
and not falsely discriminate against you by any perceived bias as a group.

Normally we are bound to say something that
someone else will take as representing a problem
or stereotype of a whole group. It is natural to make associations
especially with collective identities. f it isn't "generalization"
by race, this can happen by political or religious view,
or perception of class.

Even if you are in a position of power that other people
don't have, they can assume judge and discriminate
based on perception of your position and not based
on you as a person.

so it may not be white race or white privilege directly,
but even privilege by class can lead to people
prejudging you by a perceived bias, and discriminating in other ways.

Agreed. But i can show you Millions of CURRENT property deeds that say "no Jewish owners". It's not slavery, but it IS a history of discrimination. In where you can live, what private schools would take you -- etc.

At the time of slave trade is was PERVASIVE world-wide. NOT unique to America. And it was accompanied by acceptance of "lesser slavery" in terms of indentured servitude and other nasties.

IMO -- we all ought to stop ARGUING about those injustices and vow together --- TODAY --- to focus on ending SLAVERY as it still exists in the world. And start to heal. WHY do we fight constantly about our past when the EVIL still exists in front of our faces??? We're spoiled or morally weak or something.

th

The Sedition Acts of last century legislated into being against United States citizens of Japanese and German ancestry.

Where it was carried so far that citizens were imprisoned simply because of their race or because they were speaking the language of their ancestors.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back