How are you remembering the Capitol attack two years ago today?

But of course this day is quickly forgotten. Violence only matters I guess depending on where it's directed.

More than 60 Secret Service officers and agents were injured near the White House this weekend​

From CNN’s Jason Hoffman

More than 60 US Secret Service Uniformed Division officers and special agents were injured starting Friday night through Sunday morning near the White House as protests rocked Washington, DC, following the death of George Floyd last week, according to a statement from the Secret Service.
The officers and agents were injured when protesters threw “projectiles such as bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items,” according to the statement. “Personnel were also directly physically assaulted as they were kicked, punched and exposed to bodily fluids.”
CNN teams were on hand for much of the protests and witnessed protesters throwing objects at officers and pulling temporary fencing away from them.

You do realize that the repub majority that is trying to name a Speaker in the House has removed most of the safe guards that were put in place after the J6 coup attempt? So...is MAGA expecting to have an easier time at the next coup attempt, given that there will be little resistance now? MAGA is on it's last leg, I hope.

We all know who caused the J6 attack...and the fat POS is still flying around the country lying and trying to get his cult to repeat the attack.
I stopped having faith in mu government a long time ago. And it is in varying degree with Progs and Republican controlled areas. It is need for what is owed and for protection with common sense. However, for the rest of my life even if end up collecting I owe them nothing.

Two years gone and many perpetrators and planners are still walking free. Two years later and it is still the greatest stain on our Democracy since the Civil War.
From reading posts on several social media platforms including USMB, it is clear that there is a significant number of Americans who want to overthrow the government, peacefully if possible but violently if necessary.

I believe their desire for a new government, small in size, fiscally responsible, that focuses on national problems, leaving social problems to the states and staying clear of international problems is really just a pipedream and they know it. But that does not mean they are not going to keep fighting for it.

I have no doubt that that there are going to be more Jan 6's until we educate all Americans on the reality of American life in the 21st century. The country has changed radically over the last century and there is no way of turning the clock back.

Last edited:

Two years gone and many perpetrators and planners are still walking free. Two years later and it is still the greatest stain on our Democracy since the Civil War.

many perpetrators and planners are still under investigation

How are you remembering the Capitol attack two years ago today?​

As a bunch of assholes trying to make some idiotic point.

From reading posts on several social media platforms including USMB, it is clear that there is a significant number of Americans who want to overthrow the government, peacefully if possible but violently if necessary.

I believe their desire for a new government, small in size, fiscally responsible, that focuses on national problems, leaving social problems to the states and staying clear international problems is really just a pipedream and they know it. But that does not mean they are not going to keep fighting for it.

I have no doubt that that there are going to be more Jan 6's until we educate all Americans on the reality of American life in the 21st century. The country has changed radically over the last century and there is no way of turning the clock back.
I highly doubt opinions on social media platforms are representative of the nation as a whole

no it was one day, prior to that we saw senators and representatives from the left bow down to BLM while they torched property, attacked innocent citizens, and committed murder. Jan 6 was the result of 6 months where everyone stood around and did nothing to protect the innocent

no it was one day, prior to that we saw senators and representatives from the left bow down to BLM while they torched property, attacked innocent citizens, and committed murder. Jan 6 was the result of 6 months where everyone stood around and did nothing to protect the innocent
Are you confusing and conflating BLM and ANTIFA again?

Could you explain how people bowed to them?

But of course this day is quickly forgotten. Violence only matters I guess depending on where it's directed.

More than 60 Secret Service officers and agents were injured near the White House this weekend​

From CNN’s Jason Hoffman

More than 60 US Secret Service Uniformed Division officers and special agents were injured starting Friday night through Sunday morning near the White House as protests rocked Washington, DC, following the death of George Floyd last week, according to a statement from the Secret Service.

CNN teams were on hand for much of the protests and witnessed protesters throwing objects at officers and pulling temporary fencing away from them.

thank you

The Secret Service said no one crossed the White House fence and no one being protected was ever in danger.

Officers made one arrest near the White House on Saturday night.

Celebrate? Naw. This date is a day for reflection. I use this day to remind myself of the vision the fathers had for a Republic of free men, and commiserate what we, and our ancestors have allowed it to become...

"When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil".
Thomas Jefferson

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
Patrick Henry

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.
James Madison

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom - go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!
Samuel Adams

When all government ...in little as in great things... shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power; it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.
Thomas Jefferson
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALREADY CROSSED THIS BRIDGE

The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their, own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch.
Thomas Jefferson

Are you confusing and conflating BLM and ANTIFA again?

Could you explain how people bowed to them?
they supported the attacking and torching of Minneapolis, shameful

One day, one of you guys will have the balls to attack based on something I actually said.

"Hey Mac ... What do you want for dinner?" ... *slurp* TTRRRUUUMMPPP!!!! *slurp*
"Hey Mac ... Where to you want to go?" ... *slurp* TTRRRUUUMMPPP!!!! *slurp*
"Hey Mac ... What's your favorite color?" ... *slurp* TTRRRUUUMMPPP!!!! *slurp*

Seriously ... It's an analogy... But it does address what you post ... You can keep the balls ... :auiqs.jpg:

All those people who committed "trespassing" and no other real crimes are gonna be kicked out of prison as soon as the white house changes parties....and records expunged for some of them.

The girl who stole Pelosi's computer? Eh she probably will get out for time served...but I wouldn't be expecting a full pardon if I was her.

Celebrate? Naw. This date is a day for reflection. I use this day to remind myself of the vision the fathers had for a Republic of free men, and commiserate what we, and our ancestors have allowed it to become...

"When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil".
Thomas Jefferson

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
Patrick Henry

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.
James Madison

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom - go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!
Samuel Adams

When all government ...in little as in great things... shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power; it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.
Thomas Jefferson
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALREADY CROSSED THIS BRIDGE

The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their, own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch.
Thomas Jefferson
your ancestors were involved in the British American Colonies

Forum List

Back