🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How can you not be racist?

First a little bit about myself. I'm in my early 20s now and grew up in a 98% white area/school. I literally used to treat everyone equal until multiple situations happened that left me with poor racial feelings towards African Americans.
1. I was playing basketball at the YMCA with a group of guys that I would have assumed to be my friends cause I generally just give people the benefit of the doubt. When I prepare to leave my wallet is missing and several African American guys who were playing basketball are standing where my wallet was. I ask them if they'd seen anyone nearby. They instantly start telling me that I'm asking them because they are black. I then back down and go to the front desk. My friend worked there so he was able to check the security cameras and clearly see that they stole my wallet. I turn it into the police and end up getting my wallet returned. I was extremely angry.
2. I met a black girl and had hung out with her a couple times and she seemed cool. Once again I'm a trusting person so she asked if she could borrow $20 to buy something at the store I'm like sure whatever. She slips out and I never see here again.
3. I've purchased weed on many occasions and the only person to ever rob me was black.

Given all this data that has gone through my brain in my lifetime how can you not look negatively at a race? Considering the few numbers of African Americans I've encountered and then those are literally the only times I've been stolen from in my life. I would literally hand them the money if they said they really needed it for something but instead they violate integrity and trust. I will let white people borrow money all the time but I've never had anyone just slip out like that. Give me some hope to not be a racist.

This is not a racial problem; it's a socio-economic one. Middle and upper class blacks or any other minority race generally don't exhibit the behavior you're describing any more than middle or upper class whites do. The problem is that when it comes to racial minorities far fewer of them, with the exception of Asians, are on the upper end of the socio-economic scale and hence as a percentage of their demographic are more prone to this type of behavior, but poor whites behave no differently. As a landlord, I've been burned by white redneck trash equally as much as I've been burned by black ghetto trash. You'll notice you rarely see Asian running around gangbanging in the ghetto because they're the most well off and educated demographic in the country, black and Hispanics, not so much, and that is why as a percentage of their race this behavior is more prevalent.

People are a product of their environment at the end of the day. I train at a martial arts gym where Hispanics are the majority and the rest of the group there is made up mostly of whites, blacks, and Asians. Nobody there, adults or kid, behaves the way you're describing. We're all a family and would go to bat for each other because with that training also comes discipline and respect for not just each other, but everyone outside those walls.

Your experiences are simply a result of being in the wrong environments.

Bravo, well said. That's exactly why I asked him at the outset about class.

And amazingly the two who don't get it rated this post "funny". In a nervous laughter kinda way.

Some of us need to learn their own history, where they might find out just why it is that black people are overrepresented in lower socioeconomic classes. But they won't -- that would challenge preconceptions, and we can't have that.

Odium made some very valid points. My father owned a few rental houses in a pure black area and they continually ripped the pipes out of it if it was left vacant at all. Kind of annoying. I think it's an African American culture problem, not black. Did you know that Africans are racist against African Americans? I did not realize that until not that long ago. They actually like white people a lot more. Also black people never fucking tip. That's not a joke.
Yep. I knew that. Hell I know some in Africa want whites back in control

First a little bit about myself. I'm in my early 20s now and grew up in a 98% white area/school. I literally used to treat everyone equal until multiple situations happened that left me with poor racial feelings towards African Americans.
1. I was playing basketball at the YMCA with a group of guys that I would have assumed to be my friends cause I generally just give people the benefit of the doubt. When I prepare to leave my wallet is missing and several African American guys who were playing basketball are standing where my wallet was. I ask them if they'd seen anyone nearby. They instantly start telling me that I'm asking them because they are black. I then back down and go to the front desk. My friend worked there so he was able to check the security cameras and clearly see that they stole my wallet. I turn it into the police and end up getting my wallet returned. I was extremely angry.
2. I met a black girl and had hung out with her a couple times and she seemed cool. Once again I'm a trusting person so she asked if she could borrow $20 to buy something at the store I'm like sure whatever. She slips out and I never see here again.
3. I've purchased weed on many occasions and the only person to ever rob me was black.

Given all this data that has gone through my brain in my lifetime how can you not look negatively at a race? Considering the few numbers of African Americans I've encountered and then those are literally the only times I've been stolen from in my life. I would literally hand them the money if they said they really needed it for something but instead they violate integrity and trust. I will let white people borrow money all the time but I've never had anyone just slip out like that. Give me some hope to not be a racist.

This is not a racial problem; it's a socio-economic one. Middle and upper class blacks or any other minority race generally don't exhibit the behavior you're describing any more than middle or upper class whites do. The problem is that when it comes to racial minorities far fewer of them, with the exception of Asians, are on the upper end of the socio-economic scale and hence as a percentage of their demographic are more prone to this type of behavior, but poor whites behave no differently. As a landlord, I've been burned by white redneck trash equally as much as I've been burned by black ghetto trash. You'll notice you rarely see Asian running around gangbanging in the ghetto because they're the most well off and educated demographic in the country, black and Hispanics, not so much, and that is why as a percentage of their race this behavior is more prevalent.

People are a product of their environment at the end of the day. I train at a martial arts gym where Hispanics are the majority and the rest of the group there is made up mostly of whites, blacks, and Asians. Nobody there, adults or kid, behaves the way you're describing. We're all a family and would go to bat for each other because with that training also comes discipline and respect for not just each other, but everyone outside those walls.

And amazingly the two who don't get it rated this post "funny". In a nervous laughter kinda way.

Some of us need to learn their own history, where they might find out just why it is that black people are overrepresented in lower socioeconomic classes. But they won't -- that would challenge preconceptions, and we can't have that.
Its funny because its bullshit full of lies and holes.If being well off/rich helped groids stop committing crimes why the NFL and Baseball players being convicted of serious crimes? They got plenty of money yet still drawn to their criminal ways.

My grandparents lived in little rock, Arkansas during the little rock nine and were forced to pull my aunt out of school when she was 6 because black girls were bullying her. My grandparents went through much forced integration and have told me about it. I've also seen the history of slavery. I don't think anyone from that era is still alive.

I know people who are white males born middle class who are now dead/on the street and black men who were homeless at the age of 16 who now make $150k and are very good people. They just have to have the will to change from there parents.

No circumstance is worth stealing or murdering for unless to save lives but I don't think many people are literally starving in the United States unless they don't take advantage of social programs.

Its funny because its bullshit full of lies and holes.If being well off/rich helped groids stop committing crimes why the NFL and Baseball players being convicted of serious crimes? They got plenty of money yet still drawn to their criminal ways.

Thanks for a post that in no way is immersed in hasty generalization, composition and strawman fallacies. (/sarc)

"Groids" says it all.

Thanks for a post that in no way is immersed in hasty generalization, composition and strawman fallacies. (/sarc)

"Groids" says it all.
^ that's what happens when you destroy their fantasy world. I have come to realize whites that think blacks are good folks who just need some help are the ones that have either never been around blacks and Mexicans OR they are seriously afflicted with white guilt for something they had nothing to do with. I live in the real world. I have lived around negros and Mexicans and have no interest in living around either and now that I am married and have kids I refuse to. Safety of my family comes first.

I have 3 son, 20, 22 and 24 year olds. They complained a few years ago, similar as do it you. But, in our country were against the Gypsies. In my opinion, it is not possible that you're racist, because racism is may to learn at that time when child is small. Whose parents are racist and child grows up into hatred. This your the bad feeling will pass soon,

"Groids" says it all.
^ that's what happens when you destroy their fantasy world. I have come to realize whites that think blacks are good folks who just need some help are the ones that have either never been around blacks and Mexicans OR they are seriously afflicted with white guilt for something they had nothing to do with. I live in the real world. I have lived around negros and Mexicans and have no interest in living around either and now that I am married and have kids I refuse to. Safety of my family comes first.

A wise woman once said when a bigot whines "ya can't trust 'em!" ---- what they really mean is "I don't know any". Which is what isolation in your little bigot bubble gives you: a cloud of ignorance through which to view the world outside of scary monsters.

Me, I lived and worked in New Orleans (and still do the latter) immersed in both black and white people, so yeah I know better.

The question in post 40 stands untouched.

Bull! Blacks are criminals despite economic status....same for Hispanics...some wonderful examples...
Taking a negro out of the hood will not change their attitude,penchant for crime,etc it just gives them a higher class victims to rob,rape,murder.

Such an illogical and irrational attitude is the product of a weak mind (among other things).

I agree. I hate that we build up other countries/give large sums of money to make allies whenever we have many inner city areas that are so poor. I feel like countries laugh at us when we give them money and weapons. It's really not about the race it's more about the inner city culture that would cause the kind of things I mentioned. I've never stolen anything in my life but my brother who is white has stolen many things. It's just the way I've been stolen from is more damaging to me than other ways. Like if someone broke into my car who I didn't know and stole my ipod it wouldn't be as big of a deal as someone who I talked to stole my wallet then pulls a race card whenever I mentioned it to them. I hope those people have miserable lives. Legitimately.
You dont hope they change?

Are you a christian?

And you accuse theists of making everything about religion. Come on Sealy...knock it off. Keep it on the religion bards
Sometimes I make everything political too.

And if we're going to discuss why black men are more criminal than whites its going to go there.

And I was just curious because instead of hoping those blacks change he hoped bad for them and I was hoping he would say he was a christian. He isnt so relax. Lol

"Groids" says it all.

A wise woman once said when a bigot whines "ya can't trust 'em!" ---- what they really mean is "I don't know any". Which is what isolation in your little bigot bubble gives you: a cloud of ignorance through which to view the world outside of scary monsters.

Me, I lived and worked in New Orleans (and still do the latter) immersed in both black and white people, so yeah I know better.

I already said that It could have been just a random thing that happened but is unlikely and when combined with the facts that African Americans commit a disproportionate amount of crime it's not far off from the norm. Their socioeconomic status was no different than what people I have been with. Could it have been chance? Yes. What are the odds though? The only 20 black people I meet like 6 of them rob me. The thousands of white people I meet don't do anything to me. Just saying. There is a problem in the culture.

"Groids" says it all.

You lost as soon as you call a Realist a Bigot. Poor little white guilt liberal.

"Groids" says it all.

I already said that It could have been just a random thing that happened but is unlikely and when combined with the facts that African Americans commit a disproportionate amount of crime it's not far off from the norm. Their socioeconomic status was no different than what people I have been with. Could it have been chance? Yes. What are the odds though? The only 20 black people I meet like 6 of them rob me. The thousands of white people I meet don't do anything to me. Just saying. There is a problem in the culture.

And I already responded to note that you can't answer the question, hence have no bridge to get to your conclusion, yet you're going to make the leap anyway. In spite of the fact that you can't get there from here.

In little words -- you haven't made a point.

"Groids" says it all.

You lost as soon as you call a Realist a Bigot. Poor little white guilt liberal.

Tissue? Maybe you should don your big boy pants before going into battle. :eusa_boohoo:

You lost as soon as you call a Realist a Bigot....

A bigot like you wants to pretend there is no such thing as a bigot, only whatever else you want to call yourself. Again, illogical.

"Groids" says it all.

Tissue? Maybe you should don your big boy pants before going into battle. :eusa_boohoo:
Son we already stomped a mud hole in you and your "argument" aka white guilt that's as clear as can be...no one is buying your bullshit.

"Groids" says it all.

And I already responded to note that you can't answer the question, hence have no bridge to get to your conclusion, yet you're going to make the leap anyway. In spite of the fact that you can't get there from here.

In little words -- you haven't made a point.
Statistics like this

Homicide
According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.

They're like animals murdering each other... Prove to me that it has nothing to do with race. The numbers say it's race.

"Groids" says it all.

Son we already stomped a mud hole in you and your "argument" aka white guilt that's as clear as can be...no one is buying your bullshit.

Uh -- no Danth, doesn't work that way. I put the challenge in post 40; you guys can't answer it. That's all there is to it.

"Groids" says it all.

Son we already stomped a mud hole in you and your "argument" ..

No, YOU (singular) have not.

Forum List

Back