How climate-change doubters lost a papal fight

Enjoy your denial fantasy while you can.

Reality is coming to a town near you. And much much sooner than anyone thought.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I should believe these crystal ball predictions of the end of the world should I?

:lmao: I really do pity you fools.

failed-climate-predictions.jpg

Among the PH.D's of the world there is no debate. Global Warming is accelerating daily.

The debate is over. Conservatives paid by the Koch brothers and others are doing their best to keep the 'hoax' lie going but it is failing.

The United States military is preparing for the effects of Global Warming. You know, because its real.

ROFLMNAO!

Such faith in a fantasy which has no bearing upon reality, whatsoever.

The US Military is doing what it is being ordered to do, because that's what it does.

Now, the cool part is that THE US MILITARY is being ordered to so, so that idiots; not at all distinct from yourself, can see the US Military doing so and associate their actions to a false premise, thus render an invalid conclusion; due to your profound ignorance of the laws of nature governing sound reason.

This is how the Deceit, FRAUD and Ignorance common to the hollow of of Left-think 'works'. It depends upon the exploitation of children and fools.

But hey... such has always been the nature of evil.

Once again it must be pointed out, it is the man-made part that is really being debated. Considering that no warming in the US for a number of years also casts doubt.

That said I wonder how man of the CC fear mongers are now going to fall in love with the RCC?

How climate-change doubters lost a papal fight

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis was about to take a major step backing the science behind human-driven global warming, and Philippe de Larminat was determined to change his mind.

A French doubter who authored a book arguing that solar activity — not greenhouse gases — was driving global warming, de Larminat sought a spot at a climate summit in April sponsored by the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences. Nobel laureates would be there. So would U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, U.S. economist Jeffrey Sachs and others calling for dramatic steps to curb carbon emissions.
The planet hasn't warmed in 17 years. It's known as "the pause". That's why they changed the term global warming to climate change.

The pseudo science involved has fudged numbers in order to gain government funding.

Countries that have embraced green energy are now in energy poverty and must buy nuclear and coal energy to subsidies the failed green energy policies.

If we keep going in this direction, green energy, the damage will be far worse than anything the world has ever faced.

It is slipping through their fingers like grains of sand isn't it. Just a few years ago Falwell had evangelicals on the march, now atheists are about to overtake evangelicals in popularity.

And there won't be anyone to roll away the stone this time.
Not even close. The world is 98 % believers.

Among the PH.D's of the world there is no debate. Global Warming is accelerating daily.

The debate is over. Conservatives paid by the Koch brothers and others are doing their best to keep the 'hoax' lie going but it is failing.

The United States military is preparing for the effects of Global Warming. You know, because its real.
Who's cock are you sucking, bitch?

The phoney 'pause' has been debunked already. It requires reading to know that so I'm not surprised you still believe myth.

Whine all you want deniers. Gnash your teeth, flail your arms, put up 20 posts so you feel better.

Global Warming is as real as it gets. The PH.D's on the planet concur that it is real and accelerating. So you go hide in your basement with your prepper bags and escape tunnels. Don't forget your 'survival seeds'. Also known as 'seeds'.

Or, go visit the 'creation museum'. It was specifically built to soothe the minds of those for whom reality is just too painfull to bear.

The phoney 'pause' has been debunked already. It requires reading to know that so I'm not surprised you still believe myth.

Whine all you want deniers. Gnash your teeth, flail your arms, put up 20 posts so you feel better.

Global Warming is as real as it gets. The PH.D's on the planet concur that it is real and accelerating. So you go hide in your basement with your prepper bags and escape tunnels. Don't forget your 'survival seeds'. Also known as 'seeds'.

Or, go visit the 'creation museum'. It was specifically built to soothe the minds of those for whom reality is just too painfull to bear.

Here is the problem. Go to this site and view the warming in the US for the last 10 years, at least, or more if you want. Can you honestly say that the US has increased at all let alone the rate is accelerating?

National Temperature Index National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

Of course your response will be that the US is not the world only a small part of the world. Well wouldn't that be like saying you are boiling a pan of water and you expect that part of the pan will actually cool while the whole heats up?

My advice, calm down about GW and CC there are much more pressing problems to worry about. Prepare, it is going to happen, whatever it is.

Last edited:

Your AGWCult are the ones with the dire "WHERE AWL DUUMED!!!!!!" warming

All the phoney proclamations of 'cooling' or 'pause' have been debunked by science. I understand your cult of denial has a hard time accepting reality but that's on you.

Global Warming is real and accelerating. The only thing the denial cult is doing is delaying the action the entire human race will have to take to fix it and stop the current mass extinction that is already underway.

The denial cult is made up of a small group of moneyed interests that have spent a billion dollars the last 15 years getting easily manipulated people to carry their water for them.

The problem is they are simply the man behind the curtain manipulating those who are already too scared to face the reality.

We either have to stop burning fossil fuels or likely become part of the fossil record.

There isn't any debate.

Enjoy your denial fantasy while you can.

Reality is coming to a town near you. And much much sooner than anyone thought.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I should believe these crystal ball predictions of the end of the world should I?

:lmao: I really do pity you fools.

They use this an example of the sea rising overtaking lands.
"the island of Tuvalu in the South Pacific. Just like like other low lying areas, they are seeing their homes disappear because of the rising oceans. "

Strange but the FACTS are
1) Tuvalu is 15 feet above sea level.
2) since 1993 there has been a 5-millimetre rise in sea levels surrounding Tuvalu per year.
3) 5mm equals 0.197 inches.
4) Divide 180 inches which is 15 feet by .197 inches per year.
5) within 913 years Tuvalu will be under water....that is if the Antarctica melts!

Tuvalu The South Pacific Island sinking in Global Emissions

NOW for another point of view of Tuvalu....
Among the island chains to have increased in land area are Tuvalu and neighbouring Kiribati, both of which attracted attention at last year's Copenhagen climate summit.

In the study, researchers compared aerial photographs and high-resolution satellite images of 27 islands taken since the 1950s.

Only four islands, mostly uninhabited, had decreased in area despite local sea level rises of almost five inches in that time, while 23 stayed the same or grew.
Seven islands in Tuvalu grew, one by 30 per cent, although the study did not include the most populous island.
Pacific islands growing not shrinking due to climate change - Telegraph

failed-climate-predictions.jpg

All the phoney proclamations of 'cooling' or 'pause' have been debunked by science. I understand your cult of denial has a hard time accepting reality but that's on you.

Global Warming is real and accelerating. The only thing the denial cult is doing is delaying the action the entire human race will have to take to fix it and stop the current mass extinction that is already underway.

The denial cult is made up of a small group of moneyed interests that have spent a billion dollars the last 15 years getting easily manipulated people to carry their water for them.

The problem is they are simply the man behind the curtain manipulating those who are already too scared to face the reality.

We either have to stop burning fossil fuels or likely become part of the fossil record.

There isn't any debate.

Since you seem to ignore evidence I post it here again. I have been listening to the same BS for over 40 years and none of the gloom an doom scenerios have played out as predicted. Gore said well over 10 years ago we only had 10 years to act...seems like we might as well admit, he was wrong.

Here is the problem. Go to this site and view the warming in the US for the last 10 years, at least, or more if you want. Can you honestly say that the US has increased at all let alone the rate is accelerating?

National Temperature Index National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

Of course your response will be that the US is not the world only a small part of the world. Well wouldn't that be like saying you are boiling a pan of water and you expect that part of the pan will actually cool while the whole heats up?

My advice, calm down about GW and CC there are much more pressing problems to worry about. Prepare, it is going to happen, whatever it is.

no....that is a myth.....

Oh for crying out loud stop with the lies that there is no debate.

My heavens in that one post you packed so much verbal diarrhea it should have come with the warning " BEFORE READING POST TAKE TWO EXTRA STRENGTH IMMODIUM AD TO HANDLE THE BULLSHIT. "

There is no debate in the real scientific community anymore.

Do scientists disagree about global warming PolitiFact
rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Oh give me a freaking break. PolitiFact is bogus. Just like PunditFact is. No credibility. Bias to the left.

So you say PolitiFact is bogus...

So must be factcheck.org...
Climate Science Slipping
We can go for other ones but lets face it you are wrong. Admiting it is your first big problem...

Politifact is owned by the St. Petersburg Times...also known as West Pravda and most left winged paper in the country.
St. Petersburg Times is owned by the NON-Profit Poynter Institute.
Their bias is so pronounced there is even a web page that constantly obliterates Politifact's "findings"!
Check it out: PolitiFact Bias The annotated Principles of PolitiFact

You don't undertand that CO2 levels rising 2ppm a year is going to take many years to finally get to a point of no return? You are basing your belief on the idea that if something doesn't happen on your arbitrary time table then it can't be real.

LOL Ok, you are the moderator of the natural world I guess in your mind.

This process started around 1750 and has slowly accelerated as the Industrial Revolution has produced larger and larger output of CO2 and other greenhouse gases. Yes, believe it or not the Earth is a large place and it has taken a long time for the concentrations of CO2 to rise to dangerous levels. 40 years? Its been a lot longer than that in the making. Why don't you just say "we've been hearing this same thing for the last 250 years?" That would be the same argument you are putting forth.

You can find websites where the PH.D's in the Flat Earth Society (yes there are some PH.D's in that group) lay out with well thought-out experiments that 'prove' the Earth is flat.

The Earth isn't flat.

And Global Warming IS real and accelerating.

Websites? Go to Stanford, or George Washington University, or Scripps, or Woods Hole, or Cambridge, or an infinite number of other Univesities where the PH.D's of the world actually live and work and ask them.

There is no debate.

In the public arena--GW/CC is a topical issue
So is ID/creationism

On one hand, I have doubt trusting a bunch of Meteorologists long range predictions considering they can't predict tomorrows weather with good accuracy.

On the other hand, it is kind of hard to support the few scientist that deny GW/CC.

I give up--I am going to genuflect and go with global warming is real.

However, if this turns out to be a fraud, I want legal protections and insurance to help recoup whatever loses businesses incurred by hoaxers.

Great minds in the 1880s concluded New York will be destroyed in 100 years.

Great News: Six Million Horses Almost Destroyed New York City

In 1880, the U.S. brought together a group they considered the world’s smartest people to answer one pressing question…

What will New York City look like in 100 years?

New York was in full bloom. It was an unprecedented hub of entrepreneurship and innovation.

Yes, it was an exciting time to be a New Yorker. The world’s first elevated train… underground subway… and with the first skyscraper in the hopper…

The Big Apple was changing how the world thought about — and lived — in cities.

So everyone was curious: What lies ahead for The City That Never Sleeps?

The team of big brains plugged their gourds together and mulled it over…

They talked. They argued. They rubbed their chins and massaged the bulging veins in their foreheads.

Some of them probably scribbled indecipherable squiggles on the chalkboard and pointed at them. They said words in convincing tones.

Some nodded. Some stood up and raised their arms and their eyebrows.

“Eureka!” one of them probably shouted.

And then, in the end, they all nodded in unison.

They all came to a unanimous agreement.

“In 100 years time,” they said (in essence), “probably well before, New York will be…”

Wait for it…

“… completely destroyed!”

LFB_Icon.png
Yep. That was their conclusion and they were sticking to it.

How did they come to such a drastic determination? Well, look no further than the population boom.

And… horses.

In the early 1800s, there were about 30,000 people in New York. And by 1880, that number had ballooned to nearly four million.

The city’s population had, on average, doubled in size every decade.

The brainiacs assumed that this trend would continue.
And in assuming this trend to continue, they began to wonder how all of these people would get around.

Horrified, they began to imagine all the horses the city would need.

By 1980, the team concluded, New York would need more than six million horses.
Six million!
And six million horses presents an obvious problem.
The city already had 200,000 horses in 1880.
Each one, they somehow calculated, dumped a quart of urine and 24 pounds of manure every day.
That’s 4.8 million pounds of horse dung and 50,000 gallons of pee already being dumped into the streets… every. single. day.
Needless to say, horse waste was already a problem. The city was already drowning in it.

“The stench was omnipresent,” one writer, Eric Morris, wrote in his urban planning Masters thesis…

“Urban streets were minefields that needed to be navigated with the greatest care,” the thesis reads. “‘Crossing sweepers’ stood on street corners; for a fee they would clear a path through the mire for pedestrians. Wet weather turned the streets into swamps and rivers of muck, but dry weather brought little improvement; the manure turned to dust, which was then whipped up by the wind, choking pedestrians and coating buildings.

“…even when it had been removed from the streets the manure piled up faster than it could be disposed of…early in the century farmers were happy to pay good money for the manure, by the end of the 1800s stable owners had to pay to have it carted off. As a result of this glut…vacant lots in cities across America became piled high with manure; in New York these sometimes rose to forty and even sixty feet.”

Worse, manure is breeding ground for flies. And flies spread disease. Typhoid outbreaks, Morris wrote, “and “infant diarrheal disease can be traced to spikes in fly population.”

Now times that situation by 30.

It slowly dawned on our intrepid researchers that by 1980, New York’s poor sidewalks and streets would gather 144 million pounds of dung… and be awash with 1,500,000 gallons of horse urine.
Great News Six Million Horses Almost Destroyed New York City

The point is they never considered new technology...i.e. automobile!

And so with all the hand wringing by GW...
Soil as Carbon Storehouse:
New Weapon in Climate Fight?

The degradation of soils from unsustainable agriculture and other development has released billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. But new research shows how effective land restoration could play a major role in sequestering CO2 and slowing climate change.
If we treat soil carbon as a renewable resource, we can change the dynamics," says Goreau. "When we have erosion, we lose soil, which carries with it organic carbon, into waterways. When soil is exposed, it oxidizes, essentially burning the soil carbon. We can take an alternate trajectory."
Soil as Carbon Storehouse New Weapon in Climate Fight by Judith D. Schwartz Yale Environment 360

So instead of doing "woe is me" scenarios as the pope et.al. are doing let's solve the problem and remember the
horses of new york problem destroying NYC!

Forum List

Back