How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

Where's your proof it wasn't 6 days?
Science tells us that the universe is around 13.8 billions years old and that the earth is closer to 4 billion years old. So it took nearly 10 billion years before our solar system formed.
As science once said the universe always existed, science will catch up to the Bible one day.
And say that the whole universe was made in 6 days? Ummm... no.
At least scientists aren't stuck with bogus theorems forever, if they find something out that contradicts current thinking, they are able to go with an update, unlike the bible.
As soon as you find verifiable truth to prove otherwise I hold the Bible to be true.

Tell me, why is it so important for you to have everyone not believe they are to help their fellow man?
Unreligious people help their fellow man, that has nothing to do with an invisible friend.

If you claim something is true, the burden of proof is on you, but you can't prove anything, so you make up a prove-my-ghost-isn't-real situation. By the same logic, you can't prove that your god isn't the great spaghetti monster. Check, brah. Your move. :D
Yes, some atheists help those in need, but as a General rule atheists do little charity work. I can provide links to the studies if you wish.

But answer the question. Why is it so important to you that no one believes they are more important than a tree, we are all created equally and we should help our fellow man?

Science tells us that the universe is around 13.8 billions years old and that the earth is closer to 4 billion years old. So it took nearly 10 billion years before our solar system formed.
As science once said the universe always existed, science will catch up to the Bible one day.
At least scientists aren't stuck with bogus theorems forever, if they find something out that contradicts current thinking, they are able to go with an update, unlike the bible.
As soon as you find verifiable truth to prove otherwise I hold the Bible to be true.

Tell me, why is it so important for you to have everyone not believe they are to help their fellow man?
Unreligious people help their fellow man, that has nothing to do with an invisible friend.

If you claim something is true, the burden of proof is on you, but you can't prove anything, so you make up a prove-my-ghost-isn't-real situation. By the same logic, you can't prove that your god isn't the great spaghetti monster. Check, brah. Your move. :D
Yes, some atheists help those in need, but as a General rule atheists do little charity work. I can provide links to the studies if you wish.

But answer the question. Why is it so important to you that no one believes they are more important than a tree, we are all created equally and we should help our fellow man?
Not important, we're just on a chat board discussing things, and I'm always intrigued by people who are convinced that an invisible superbeing in another dimension needs to be obeyed, all without the smallest shred of proof. And always wondered how you folks do it, because the bible thing sounds so far-fetched, let alone that none of the big things in it can be proven.

Not important, we're just on a chat board discussing things, and I'm always intrigued by people who are convinced that an invisible superbeing in another dimension needs to be obeyed, all without the smallest shred of proof. And always wondered how you folks do it, because the bible thing sounds so far-fetched, let alone that none of the big things in it can be proven.

What about Biblical teachings that are not far-fetched? Consider starting with teachings that make sense to you, and evaluate how those work out. Then step up to ones that sound implausible, but not particularly risky.

What about Biblical teachings that are not far-fetched? Consider starting with teachings that make sense to you, and evaluate how those work out. Then step up to ones that sound implausible, but not particularly risky.
I get the ideas of being charitable and helping your fellow man... and that's all cool, but no invisible person is needed to do that. It's all the nonsense about getting two of EVERY animal in the world on a boat... all based on an invisible being... is just too far fetched for me without proof.

Not one person on earth has ever believed in a god, they all pretend to believe because it suits their lives at the time. the church is just a big social cult. the purpose of religion is to gain political power, control over people and to make money. the reason why there are so many denominations is because if there was only one then there would be a limited number of leaders. therefore if you want instant power and money all you have to do is change a few things in your own version of the bible and you have it.

Not one person on earth has ever believed in a god, they all pretend to believe because it suits their lives at the time. the church is just a big social cult. the purpose of religion is to gain political power, control over people and to make money. the reason why there are so many denominations is because if there was only one then there would be a limited number of leaders. therefore if you want instant power and money all you have to do is change a few things in your own version of the bible and you have it.
I believe in the God of Abraham. I believe that He sent His Son to pay the price for our disobedience to God. I have accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. I would die before I would renounce Him. Now, don't you look silly? I just proved that you're a clueless troll.

I believe in the God of Abraham. I believe that He sent His Son to pay the price for our disobedience to God. I have accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. I would die before I would renounce Him. Now, don't you look silly? I just proved that you're a clueless troll.
the god of abraham isn't the christian's god

Why should I listen to some Godless Rabbi, who has rejected Christ? I know what my own religion is all about. And God Himself called Jews a stiff necked people. Looks like nothing has changed.

LOL!!! I needed a good laugh, so I watched the video you posted. First thing I noticed is that the Rabbi looks like a New York homeless man in a cheap suit. Second thing I noticed is that he did not give a single Scriptural reference for any of his arguments. If this is the best you can do, then it's....Words fail me.

Abraham who? You believe in God , but no one knows who Abraham was or if he was even real. The bible was wrote by man, stories handed down and mish mashed.

Last edited:
The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

so which one is the one "true" church?

The one that looks at facts--From Moses on up until this very day--they taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and the true religion today accept the one sent forth by God -the Messiah= Jesus. Yes maybe 40,000 of them claiming to be Christian, but what does the bible teach? Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,997trinity religions) will not stand.
1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought-no division= one single religion has Jesus as its head.

What's more likely, us dumb ass humans figuring out the universe? Or getting it wrong? And you have ZERO proof, get a grip, brah.
The universe and everything in it wasn't made in 6 days, a woman wasn't made out of a man's rib, there was no worldwide flood... The bible is a made up book by man, a con man's wet dream, if you will.
Prove it.
Until about 50 years ago science said the universe had always existed. Guess what, now the universe had a beginning.
Like it does all the time, the more we learn the more it dovetails with what the Bible says.
Prove what? That the bible is made up? LOL! Really?
There's no proof of any of the big things that take place in the bible. Science is at least looking for real answers and keep an open mind about what they find.
But if you think the bible is true then prove to me that a woman was made from a man's rib. And we'll go from there.
Yes, prove the Bible is wrong.

I'm not surprised you have not heard of Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer. Unbelievers tend to not have much knowledge of science.
I like to keep up with the latest discoveries in the life sciences. The more we learn, the more it looks really bad for a naturalistic origin of life. In fact, information theory proves that information, such as that contained in human languages and DNA, are the result of intelligent minds. It cannot evolve on it's own. It is the sole province of intelligent agents.
I think what you are trying to say is that DNA coding did not likely self assemble itself.
Confining the Debates

Intelligent Design can also mean designing itself through its own intelligence. Evolution was a choice. Today, we are choosing to evolve backwards. Because our leaders want to tame us, we, and later even they, will be overrun by those who were born backwards.

Aggressive Christianity seeks to monopolize debates on design, homosexuality, and abortion. But ethical determinations could be presented secularly. Those on the other side also want to limit their opponents to Fundamentalists.

Last edited:
The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

The one that looks at facts--From Moses on up until this very day--they taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and the true religion today accept the one sent forth by God -the Messiah= Jesus. Yes maybe 40,000 of them claiming to be Christian, but what does the bible teach? Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,997trinity religions) will not stand.
1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought-no division= one single religion has Jesus as its head.
So which church is that?

That's easy

MONEY

religion is big business.
Sermon of a Je$u$ Salesman

Pray
Then pay
That's the way
To make my day.
That is some great company you are keeping, brother.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/needs.htm
Gathering Gotchas for God

Fanatics clip out, capture, and pin up Guilt by Association quotations, collecting them like corpses of embalmed butterflies.

That's easy

MONEY

Pray
Then pay
That's the way
To make my day.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Fanatics clip out, capture, and pin up Guilt by Association quotations, collecting them like corpses of embalmed butterflies.

Prove it.
Until about 50 years ago science said the universe had always existed. Guess what, now the universe had a beginning.
Like it does all the time, the more we learn the more it dovetails with what the Bible says.
There's no proof of any of the big things that take place in the bible. Science is at least looking for real answers and keep an open mind about what they find.
But if you think the bible is true then prove to me that a woman was made from a man's rib. And we'll go from there.

I'm not surprised you have not heard of Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer. Unbelievers tend to not have much knowledge of science.
I like to keep up with the latest discoveries in the life sciences. The more we learn, the more it looks really bad for a naturalistic origin of life. In fact, information theory proves that information, such as that contained in human languages and DNA, are the result of intelligent minds. It cannot evolve on it's own. It is the sole province of intelligent agents.
I think what you are trying to say is that DNA coding did not likely self assemble itself.
Confining the Debates

Intelligent Design can also mean design itself through its own intelligence. Evolution was a choice. Today, we are choosing to evolve backwards. Because our leaders want to tame us, we, and later even they, will be overrun by those who were born backwards.

Aggressive Christianity seeks to monopolize debates on design, homosexuality, and abortion. But ethical determinations could be presented secularly. Those on the other side also want to limit their opponents to Fundamentalists.
That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Something designing itself? Ever hear of a little something called cause and effect? Scientists place great stock in it, and your statement violates it.

That's easy

MONEY

Pray
Then pay
That's the way
To make my day.

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Confining the Debates

Intelligent Design can also mean design itself through its own intelligence. Evolution was a choice. Today, we are choosing to evolve backwards. Because our leaders want to tame us, we, and later even they, will be overrun by those who were born backwards.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Something designing itself? Ever hear of a little something called cause and effect? Scientists place great stock in it, and your statement violates it.
When people don't believe in God they will believe in anything.

New Age Cults

Making a category out of that, it would include Marxism and Secular Humanism as religions.

Prove it.

Confining the Debates

The secular evolutionist position is that murder. rape, killing of the handicapped and infirm must be good as it improves the strength of the species.

You are stealing our argument by taking our views and attempting to monopolize debates.

Why are you afraid of God? What is wrong with people believing they were all created equally and we are to help those in need? Do you have a problem with being told murder and adultery is bad? What is your motivation to keep posting here?

Don't give me the "it's absurd so I argue against it" rant. You're not over in the flat earth forum or aliens were behind 9-11 threads.

Jesus was right, the civil war in Judea and Israel ended up with a destroyed Temple and scattering of jews.

Forum List

Back