How did Birth Control become a right?

me paying for it when I don't need it. hmmm seems reasonable right?
That's pretty selfish of you. A lot of things are covered on a health plan that you'll never need, so what do you have against bc?
yes it is, I have my family to fend for, I don't ask anyone for help with them. so I don't feel I have to help anyone elses plus mine. just saying, you most likely are one of them freeloaders ungrateful for the support our tax money gives you. aren't you?
Do you claim your kids on your taxes?
no I don't. why? they pay their own

Nice dodge.

When they were your dependents?
well yes, it was part of the tax code when she was little. I put her in private school and paid for her out of my own pocket when free school was available. now you know how I feel about useless public schools.

huh, it should be my choice right? why do you want to force me into some program I fking don't want. what the fk is wrong with you fking libs. Thank you Mr. President fking 'A'

funny, you are only for choice when you are not for choice.
Huh? Why in the heck should it be your choice if the insurance company wants to give full coverage for birth control at no extra cost to policy holders??

Do you own the insurance company?
because that money comes from others. that's why. LOL, you have no idea how insurance works do you. You think they just have money hanging around. too funny
it comes from NO ONE....there is no cost for birth control....the insurance companies have actuaries that price the costs of everything in a policy for the estimates of what to charge each policy holder...

it costs them LESS MONEY to offer birth control to all women for free than it does to pay for pregnancy costs...the insurance companies are trying to SAVE money by giving birth control in the policies.
hahahahahahahahaha holy fk can't make this shit up, you just can't.
Inform yourself....google it.
why don't you post up the garbage you stated as fact first.

Yet you benefit.

No I don't ... At least not to a degree I am satisfied with.

If you would like to suggest that the federal government somehow has the authority not granted to it in the 18 enumerated powers covered in the Constitution ... Then it is safe to say that you are just wrong about that.

It has nothing to do with your intent ... The federal government is not granted the power to spend tax dollars on personal enrichment ... For any reason.
Abuse of that principle is what makes the government corrupt ... And it doesn't matter who benefits from it.
That is specifically why the Founding Fathers didn't give those powers to the federal government.

If you would like to suggest that you have a better plan ... Then petition to change the Constitution ... Don't pretend it grants powers it doesn't.
If you would like to pretend that you have a better plan ... Then understand I am not satisfied with your attempts ... And would fire you for your failures and abuse of authority if you were an employee.

Last edited:
What is it that you have against birth control?
That's pretty selfish of you. A lot of things are covered on a health plan that you'll never need, so what do you have against bc?
yes it is, I have my family to fend for, I don't ask anyone for help with them. so I don't feel I have to help anyone elses plus mine. just saying, you most likely are one of them freeloaders ungrateful for the support our tax money gives you. aren't you?
Are you angry because you have no health plan? And do you realize that contraception is less of a burden on a health plan than an unplanned baby, especially one that might be in poor health because of lack of support to the mother?
angry? hahaahahahahaha you want my money and I'm the one angry. too funny Pinocchio
What makes you think that I want (or need) your money? So tell us, what is it that you have against contraceptives?

Are you angry because you have no health plan? And do you realize that contraception is less of a burden on a health plan than an unplanned baby, especially one that might be in poor health because of lack of support to the mother?
angry? hahaahahahahaha you want my money and I'm the one angry. too funny Pinocchio
What makes you think that I want (or need) your money? So tell us, what is it that you have against contraceptives?
huh?

The Trump administration is rolling back the Obama-era requirement that employer-provided health insurance policies cover birth control methods at no cost to women.

According to senior officials with the Department of Health and Human Services, the goal of the new rule is to allow any company or nonprofit group to exclude the coverage for contraception if it has a religious or moral objection.

The change fulfills a promise President Trump made in May to the Catholic religious order The Little Sisters of the Poor in a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. The nuns had sued the Obama administration over the birth control requirement.

It also sets up a fight between advocates of religious freedom and those of equal rights for women. The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Trump Administration within hours of the rule being published, claiming it violated the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, which ensures that all people receive equal protection under the law.

Longer-acting contraception, like an intrauterine device, can cost more than $1,000, says Sarah Lipton-Lubet, a vice president at the National Partnership for Women and Families. She says the new rule is a tool for discrimination against women.

"Women shouldn't be denied access to basic health care based on their employers' religious beliefs," she says. "We all have the right to our religious beliefs. But the way that this rule treats religion is really an excuse to discriminate."

In addition to the ACLU, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, and California Attorney General Javier Becerra announced they too plan to file suit opposing the new rule.

Trump Guts Requirement That Employer Health Plans Pay For Birth Control

Maybe some of you leftists can help me out here. How in the world can you say not forcing employers to provide birth control is a violation of equal protection? What's not equal about it? And how is not paying for it "denying access" to birth control? Is there some law that states you can't buy birth control for yourself, and that only your employer can buy it for you?

Who here believes that when the founders wrote the Constitution, that they had forcing employers to provide things for their employees in mind?

Well despite the best efforts of Conservatives- who fought for decades to keep birth control illegal- legal access to birth control came about in the '60's- when the Supreme Court overthrew the laws passed by the Christian conservatives to deny women access to safe, legal birth control.

Now of course Conservatives want to keep trimming away a woman's access to birth control- because that is what they do.
Which is why they want to defund Planned Parenthood. And why they want broad exemptions for corporations to deny women birth control in their health insurance plans.

I never have. Besides, the taxes I pay are my money and is not intended to pay for your sex life or it's spawn.
I didn't realize you weren't in the US. Your public profile says you live in the Czech Republic. A country with an excellent healthcare system, subsidized by taxpayers. If you make use of it, your care is being subsidized by other people.
You know very little. I have to pay for healthcare with no Obamacare-like subsidies. Do you honestly think the Czech tax payer subsidies my healthcare?!
It is true, I know very little about you personally just as you know very little about me personally but we are certainly free to make assumptions are we not? If you are a US citizen (an assumption on my part) and have never claimed your child or related expenses on your taxes, I would be surprised but I suppose it is possible you are one of the rare few who have 100% paid there way without tax credits, payments or subsidies.
Since you acknowledge you have little idea of what we have been discussing and you must realize that I know a lot more about the US than you know about the country I live in, my healthcare and my tax responsibilities.

You have been presuming a great deal from the get go with nary a clue.
Well that makes two of us doesn't it?
No, it certainly does not. I know a lot about the US, while you obviously know nothing about the Czech Republic. The dialogue is asymmetrical, to say the least.

The Trump administration is rolling back the Obama-era requirement that employer-provided health insurance policies cover birth control methods at no cost to women.

According to senior officials with the Department of Health and Human Services, the goal of the new rule is to allow any company or nonprofit group to exclude the coverage for contraception if it has a religious or moral objection.

The change fulfills a promise President Trump made in May to the Catholic religious order The Little Sisters of the Poor in a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. The nuns had sued the Obama administration over the birth control requirement.

It also sets up a fight between advocates of religious freedom and those of equal rights for women. The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Trump Administration within hours of the rule being published, claiming it violated the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, which ensures that all people receive equal protection under the law.

Longer-acting contraception, like an intrauterine device, can cost more than $1,000, says Sarah Lipton-Lubet, a vice president at the National Partnership for Women and Families. She says the new rule is a tool for discrimination against women.

"Women shouldn't be denied access to basic health care based on their employers' religious beliefs," she says. "We all have the right to our religious beliefs. But the way that this rule treats religion is really an excuse to discriminate."

In addition to the ACLU, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, and California Attorney General Javier Becerra announced they too plan to file suit opposing the new rule.

Maybe some of you leftists can help me out here. How in the world can you say not forcing employers to provide birth control is a violation of equal protection? What's not equal about it? And how is not paying for it "denying access" to birth control? Is there some law that states you can't buy birth control for yourself, and that only your employer can buy it for you?

Who here believes that when the founders wrote the Constitution, that they had forcing employers to provide things for their employees in mind?

Well despite the best efforts of Conservatives- who fought for decades to keep birth control illegal- legal access to birth control came about in the '60's- when the Supreme Court overthrew the laws passed by the Christian conservatives to deny women access to safe, legal birth control.

Now of course Conservatives want to keep trimming away a woman's access to birth control- because that is what they do.
Which is why they want to defund Planned Parenthood. And why they want broad exemptions for corporations to deny women birth control in their health insurance plans.
why do you imply women can't take care of themselves?

huh?
Well, since your taxes pay for all kinds of things that you won't personally use, what is it about contraceptives that makes you go apeshit?

It's cheaper than a lifetime of public assistance and then incarceration.

Unwanted children are a burden on the state and thus the tax payer.

It is immoral not to provide free birth control as the world's population outgrows its resources.

huh?
Well, since your taxes pay for all kinds of things that you won't personally use, what is it about contraceptives that makes you go apeshit?
it's called stopping the freebie mobile.

It's cheaper than a lifetime of public assistance and then incarceration.

Unwanted children are a burden on the state and thus the tax payer.

It is immoral not to provide free birth control as the world's population outgrows its resources.
so you just like killing them instead. how white of you.

Yet you benefit.

If you would like to suggest that the federal government somehow has the authority not granted to it in the 18 enumerated powers covered in the Constitution ... Then it is safe to say that you are just wrong about that.

It has nothing to do with your intent ... The federal government is not granted the power to spend tax dollars on personal enrichment ... For any reason.
Abuse of that principle is what makes the government corrupt ... And it doesn't matter who benefits from it.
That is specifically why the Founding Fathers didn't give those powers to the federal government.

If you would like to suggest that you have a better plan ... Then petition to change the Constitution ... Don't pretend it grants powers it doesn't.
If you would like to pretend that you have a better plan ... Then understand I am not satisfied with your attempts ... And would fire you for your failures if you were an employee.

You benefit from having an educated population, maybe not to the degree you want, but you benefit. Just compare it to countries that don't.

huh?
Not sure what that means, but wouldn't it be better to freely distribute contraceptives so that employees don't have so many unplanned pregnancies, and wouldn't that be better for the company's bottom line?

Yet you benefit.

If you would like to pretend that you have a better plan ... Then understand I am not satisfied with your attempts ... And would fire you for your failures if you were an employee.

You benefit from having an educated population, maybe not to the degree you want, but you benefit. Just compare it to countries that don't.
then why do we have 45% of the populace not earning a living? I know that answer can you give one?

huh?
Not sure what that means, but wouldn't it be better to freely distribute contraceptives so that employees don't have so many unplanned pregnancies, and wouldn't that be better for the company's bottom line?
nope, it wouldn't.

As a Canadian reading some of these posts, I'm reminded that Americans have an odd (to me) notion of rights. Of course, every American has an absolute right to have a gun, despite its ultimate harm to your society. But health care? Meh. The only right to health care is what you can afford to pay for yourself, despite the fact that a healthy population benefits your society. Bizarre.

Yet you benefit.

then why do we have 45% of the populace not earning a living? I know that answer can you give one?
That 45% where do you get that from? Are you including children, disabled and elderly?

As a Canadian reading some of these posts, I'm reminded that Americans have an odd (to me) notion of rights. Of course, every American has an absolute right to have a gun, despite its ultimate harm to your society. But health care? Meh. The only right to health care is what you can afford to pay for yourself, despite the fact that a healthy population benefits your society. Bizarre.
why not just make a fking doctor visit affordable and do away with insurance? why is that so difficult?

Yet you benefit.

That 45% where do you get that from? Are you including children, disabled and elderly?
not at all, it is the burden group that receives welfare. you should read up on who they are.

Forum List

Back