How did Birth Control become a right?

As a Canadian reading some of these posts, I'm reminded that Americans have an odd (to me) notion of rights. Of course, every American has an absolute right to have a gun, despite its ultimate harm to your society. But health care? Meh. The only right to health care is what you can afford to pay for yourself, despite the fact that a healthy population benefits your society. Bizarre.
why not just make a fking doctor visit affordable and do away with insurance? why is that so difficult?
I don't think cancer treatment, as one example, would ever be affordable to most people.

As a Canadian reading some of these posts, I'm reminded that Americans have an odd (to me) notion of rights. Of course, every American has an absolute right to have a gun, despite its ultimate harm to your society. But health care? Meh. The only right to health care is what you can afford to pay for yourself, despite the fact that a healthy population benefits your society. Bizarre.
It would be bizarre if taxpayers' money were used to buy guns for citizens. A stupid false equivalency if I've ever seen one. Dingbat stuff.

Yet you benefit.

No I don't ... At least not to a degree I am satisfied with.

If you would like to suggest that the federal government somehow has the authority not granted to it in the 18 enumerated powers covered in the Constitution ... Then it is safe to say that you are just wrong about that.

It has nothing to do with your intent ... The federal government is not granted the power to spend tax dollars on personal enrichment ... For any reason.
Abuse of that principle is what makes the government corrupt ... And it doesn't matter who benefits from it.
That is specifically why the Founding Fathers didn't give those powers to the federal government.

If you would like to suggest that you have a better plan ... Then petition to change the Constitution ... Don't pretend it grants powers it doesn't.
If you would like to pretend that you have a better plan ... Then understand I am not satisfied with your attempts ... And would fire you for your failures if you were an employee.

You benefit from having an educated population, maybe not to the degree you want, but you benefit. Just compare it to countries that don't.
then why do we have 45% of the populace not earning a living? I know that answer can you give one?
That 45% where do you get that from? Are you including children, disabled and elderly?
not at all, it is the burden group that receives welfare. you should read up on who they are.
You made the claim, provide the source then.

why not just make a fking doctor visit affordable and do away with insurance? why is that so difficult?
I don't think cancer treatment, as one example, would ever be affordable to most people.
How do you figure? why are you against someone paying for services rather than giving them away? fk coyote, why pay for anything? and there is your answer.

Why not make ALL medical care freely, financially available to all who need it? Why is that so difficult? That's what every civilized country in the world does.

No I don't ... At least not to a degree I am satisfied with.

If you would like to suggest that the federal government somehow has the authority not granted to it in the 18 enumerated powers covered in the Constitution ... Then it is safe to say that you are just wrong about that.

It has nothing to do with your intent ... The federal government is not granted the power to spend tax dollars on personal enrichment ... For any reason.
Abuse of that principle is what makes the government corrupt ... And it doesn't matter who benefits from it.
That is specifically why the Founding Fathers didn't give those powers to the federal government.

If you would like to suggest that you have a better plan ... Then petition to change the Constitution ... Don't pretend it grants powers it doesn't.
If you would like to pretend that you have a better plan ... Then understand I am not satisfied with your attempts ... And would fire you for your failures if you were an employee.

You benefit from having an educated population, maybe not to the degree you want, but you benefit. Just compare it to countries that don't.
then why do we have 45% of the populace not earning a living? I know that answer can you give one?
That 45% where do you get that from? Are you including children, disabled and elderly?
not at all, it is the burden group that receives welfare. you should read up on who they are.
I'm not your educator, I'm a person on a message board correcting bad information. you wish to learn, go read.

How do you figure? why are you against someone paying for services rather than giving them away? fk coyote, why pay for anything? and there is your answer.
You are creating straw men :lol:

Why not make ALL medical care freely, financially available to all who need it? Why is that so difficult? That's what every civilized country in the world does.
all medical care is not free and you sound stupid making that statement. people in other countries pay twice our taxes to get what you loosely call free. too funny a lib. a thirty dollar office visit becomes worth one thousand cause people carry insurance. how fked up is that? but hey, you stick with that free medical care fake shit.

I'm not your educator, I'm a person on a message board correcting bad information. you wish to learn, go read.
Translation: I have no source.

It's not my job to source other peoples claims. :)

It would be bizarre if taxpayers' money were used to buy guns for citizens. A stupid false equivalency if I've ever seen one. Dingbat stuff.

The equivalence, which is entirely valid, is in tying rights (or lack of) to money. That only those with money have rights.

no I'm not, that is a fact and you don't like to look at facts.

The equivalence, which is entirely valid, is in tying rights (or lack of) to money. That only those with money have rights.
and that is the stupid that one just can't compete with.

all medical care is not free and you sound stupid making that statement. people in other countries pay twice our taxes to get what you loosely call free. too funny a lib. a thirty dollar office visit becomes worth one thousand cause people carry insurance. how fked up is that? but hey, you stick with that free medical care fake shit.
A thirty dollar office visit won't pay for cancer treatment.

ahh look at you, trying reverse psychology, ain't working so well eh?

why not?

No one suggested services be given away. You are investing in a straw man.

why not?
Marketplace economics.

I did not say that medical care was free. I said that medical care should be freely available, regardless of the financial resources of the sick.

Though not disagreeing with you that the American system is fucked seven ways from Sunday, including the ridiculous charge rates for medical procedures.

But the root of the problem is this bizarre idea that people should spend money when they are sick. Because otherwise its not "fair".

No one suggested services be given away. You are investing in a straw man.
sure you are. how else does one with nothing get something? it's given to them for free. and at my cost. and then you don't think those giving the free service should say anything to these ungrateful freeloaders. too funny.

ahh look at you, trying reverse psychology, ain't working so well eh?
And you are being childish rather than supporting your claims :)

Forum List

Back