How did democrats and black democrats become the face of Selma? Lol

Not going to bother to go through all of Jitlers lies again- so I will repost the facts

This tired old lie.

Not sure why Republicans keep trotting it out.

Martin Luther King Sr. was a Republican.

Martin Luther King Jr. was not.

Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican or a Democrat? The Answer Is Complicated

In fact, King himself said he voted for Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson for President in 1964.

King’s father, Martin Luther King Sr., did endorse Kennedy. And Kennedy won the election, thanks in part to winning over about 70% of the black vote.

“I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party,” he said in a 1958 interview. “They both have weaknesses. And I’m not inextricably bound to either party. I’m not concerned about telling you what party to vote for.”

And of course finally- in 1964- when the Republicans nominated for President Barry Goldwater- who had voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act- MLK Jr. specifically advised Americans to vote against him and any Republican who supported him.
This MLK Quote Sums Up The Rise Of White Supremacy Post-Trump | HuffPost
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”
Facts trigger you huh

I love facts- and unlike you I don't ignore them

Not going to bother to go through all of Jitlers lies again- so I will repost the facts

This tired old lie.

Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican or a Democrat? The Answer Is Complicated

In fact, King himself said he voted for Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson for President in 1964.

King’s father, Martin Luther King Sr., did endorse Kennedy. And Kennedy won the election, thanks in part to winning over about 70% of the black vote.

“I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party,” he said in a 1958 interview. “They both have weaknesses. And I’m not inextricably bound to either party. I’m not concerned about telling you what party to vote for.”

And of course finally- in 1964- when the Republicans nominated for President Barry Goldwater- who had voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act- MLK Jr. specifically advised Americans to vote against him and any Republican who supported him.
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”

I love how you quote an article that doesn't even claim that MLK Jr. was a Republican- but 'was likely a Republican'- and cite as a source- a man. who never met him.

"I believe Dr. King was a Republican," Fletcher Thompson, who represented the Atlanta area in Congress from 1966-72, told Newsmax. "Most of the blacks in the late 1950s and at least up to 1960 were Republican. Our party was sympathetic to them and the Democrats were the ones enforcing 'Jim Crow' laws and segregation."

Thompson, who never personally met King,

I love how you quote an article that doesn't even claim that MLK Jr. was a Republican- but 'was likely a Republican'- and cite as a source- a man. who never met him.

"I believe Dr. King was a Republican," Fletcher Thompson, who represented the Atlanta area in Congress from 1966-72, told Newsmax. "Most of the blacks in the late 1950s and at least up to 1960 were Republican. Our party was sympathetic to them and the Democrats were the ones enforcing 'Jim Crow' laws and segregation."

Well he was

Well he was

Whatever fantasy gets you off

This tired old lie.

It appears that you react to facts like bugs react to insecticide. When they come out, you hide.

So after insisting that MLK was a Republican, and being proven wrong, what do you have to say?
You have to talk to his family, not me .. prove them wrong
She proved herself wrong. Next excuse?

" I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts."

-Alveda King
Facts trigger you huh

This tired old lie.

It appears that you react to facts like bugs react to insecticide. When they come out, you hide.

So after insisting that MLK was a Republican, and being proven wrong, what do you have to say?

" I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts."

-Alveda King
Facts trigger you huh
Video link? Picture of her next to a sign

This tired old lie.

-Alveda King
Facts trigger you huh

Youre not important enough for that. I'm good now that I know you saw it and validated the fact you got it all wrong by replying to me. Good boy for taking the bait. :rolleyes:

-Alveda King
Facts trigger you huh

Youre not important enough for that. I'm good now that I know you saw it and validated the fact you got all wrong by replying to me. :rolleyes:
Cool story

This tired old lie.

Facts trigger you huh

You are the one who insisted that MLK was a Republican. Which is false.

Not me.
Take that up with his family View attachment 311479

It's not the fault of his family that you are too dumb to post something before checking facts.

Think before you post.

Facts trigger you huh

Not me.

It's not the fault of his family that you are too dumb to post something before checking facts.
Talk to the source his blood

Not me.

No need to. The facts were available through
Google.

Learn how to use it.

Not me.

Google.

Learn how to use it.
Link?

Not me.

Google.

Learn how to use it.
Link?

You got several.

READ.

Forum List

Back