How did democrats and black democrats become the face of Selma? Lol

That was 60 years before the Southern Strategy.
What do you know about the Southern strategy?
You mean other than the GOP chairmen admitting to it on two different occasions?
What was it? Richard Nixon’s first used affirmative action to get black people jobs was that the Southern strategy? Do you know what LBJ southern Strategy was ? Heheh do ya??
It was a strategy by southern racists to move to the GOP and confuse future racist idiots into voting republican. You never answered my question. Didnt you know the GOP admitted to this?
Is that when Jimmy Carter launches his 1980 campaign at the kkk head quarters? I’m confused lol
Facing the truth is often confusing for repubs. They are conditioned to run from the truth. When faced with no way out they get confused.

Let’s get this logic

DEMOCRATS ATTACKED MLK didn’t want to give them civil rights.

republicans wrote the civil rights act 60 years before it was passed and MLK WAS A DEMOCRAT in your eyes? Lol I can’t haha

Barry Goldwater, who was the Republican nominee for POTUS in 1964, opposed the civil rights legislation that was passed by Johnson.
That is a individual, REPUBLICANS WROTE THE BILL 60 years before it passed lol more republicans votes for it, democrats Filibustered the passage. Lbj was forced to move it forward, he did it saying he could own black votes for years

The voting on the civil rights act was more divided by geography. South versus north. Southern Republicans were no better than southern Democrats.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%) (four Representatives from Texas, two from Tennessee and Claude Pepper of Florida voted in favor)

Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)

Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

Interesting to note that northern Republicans had more nay votes and less yes votes than northern Democrats.
South didn’t go mostly republican until 1994,, republicans wrote the bill 60 years before it was passed! Lol

Feel free to substantiate what you are stating.
Did more Republicans vote for the civil rights act proportionally then Democrats?

You mean other than the GOP chairmen admitting to it on two different occasions?
What was it? Richard Nixon’s first used affirmative action to get black people jobs was that the Southern strategy? Do you know what LBJ southern Strategy was ? Heheh do ya??
It was a strategy by southern racists to move to the GOP and confuse future racist idiots into voting republican. You never answered my question. Didnt you know the GOP admitted to this?
Is that when Jimmy Carter launches his 1980 campaign at the kkk head quarters? I’m confused lol
Facing the truth is often confusing for repubs. They are conditioned to run from the truth. When faced with no way out they get confused.
I’m not confuse Jimmy Carter launched his 1980 campaign at the Kkk headquarters lol

I’m not confuse Jimmy Carter launched his 1980 campaign at the Kkk headquarters lol
Yes you are "confuse". You even admitted to it. :rolleyes:

"I’m confused"

That was 60 years before the Southern Strategy.

Affirmative action was first created from Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961 and required that government employers "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin
And Nixon was the first to use it during your “southern strategy” bs

I didn't comment on the southern strategy in this thread.

Pay attention.

Barry Goldwater, who was the Republican nominee for POTUS in 1964, opposed the civil rights legislation that was passed by Johnson.
That is a individual, REPUBLICANS WROTE THE BILL 60 years before it passed lol more republicans votes for it, democrats Filibustered the passage. Lbj was forced to move it forward, he did it saying he could own black votes for years

The voting on the civil rights act was more divided by geography. South versus north. Southern Republicans were no better than southern Democrats.

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%) (four Representatives from Texas, two from Tennessee and Claude Pepper of Florida voted in favor)

Interesting to note that northern Republicans had more nay votes and less yes votes than northern Democrats.
South didn’t go mostly republican until 1994,, republicans wrote the bill 60 years before it was passed! Lol

Did more Republicans vote for the civil rights act proportionally then Democrats?

All of the statistics are in the link below, if you choose to read.

Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

"I’m confused"
Yes you confuse me,, not sure why you try to deny history

Affirmative action was first created from Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961 and required that government employers "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin
And Nixon was the first to use it during your “southern strategy” bs

I didn't comment on the southern strategy in this thread.

Pay attention.
And?

I don’t need a link to tell me more Republicans proportionately voted for the civil rights act that they wrote 60 years prior before being passed

And???Reagan launched his 1980 general election campaign with a speech lauding “states’ rights” outside Philadelphia, Mississippi — the site of the notorious “Mississippi Burning” murder of three civil rights workers in 1964.

"I’m confused"
You get confused easily. Not trying to deny history. Trying to make it less confusing for you.

How about the fair housing act? Republicans partially voted for that more than Democrats.. Jimmy Carter holds his campaign launch at a kkk head quarters lol

And???Reagan launched his 1980 general election campaign with a speech lauding “states’ rights” outside Philadelphia, Mississippi — the site of the notorious “Mississippi Burning” murder of three civil rights workers in 1964.
What’s your point? Your not for states rights now? Lol

"I’m confused"
You get confused easily. Not trying to deny history. Trying to make it less confusing for you.
Your confusing me not history lol

I don’t need a link to tell me more Republicans proportionately voted for the civil rights act that they wrote 60 years prior before being passed

What's wrong? Afraid you might learn something?

Earlier in the thread, you implied that Republicans were the ones who were responsible for it passing.

What's wrong? Afraid you might learn something?

Earlier in the thread, you implied that Republicans were the ones who were responsible for it passing.
They were THEY WROTE IT LOL

"I’m confused"
Your confusing me not history lol
Dumb people get confused by smart people all the time. Dont feel bad or different about that. :laugh:

What’s your point? Your not for states rights now? Lol

Are you? You're the one who first brought up where Carter held his campaign start. So I posted where Reagen held his.

Forum List

Back