How did something I discussed on the phone end up in my facebook newsfeed?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I was chatting with this girl the other night I met from craigslist and she was saying she was from a section of PA called Lansdale. All of a sudden I have events popping up in my news feed about what's happening in Lansdale this weekend? HUH?

I need someone to talk to me about what's really happening

Talked to her on your cellphone?

Have her number saved in your contacts?
Do you back up your contacts to Google?
:eusa_shhh:

:eusa_whistle:

I am not the one with a problem. Of course, you have now mentioned the town here, so.....

I was chatting with this girl the other night I met from craigslist and she was saying she was from a section of PA called Lansdale. All of a sudden I have events popping up in my news feed about what's happening in Lansdale this weekend? HUH?

Prolly because as soon as you hung up the phone you Googled "Lansdale". Google knows.

It's a town btw, not a "section". Montgomery County.

Gotta understand, Google's like Santa Claus ---- it knows when you've been sleeping.. it knows when you're awake....

You clicked "accept" when FB asked permission to access your contacts

Prolly because as soon as you hung up the phone you Googled "Lansdale". Google knows.

Yeah that;s what it was, I didn't know Lansdale was that far so I googled it

There ya go. Mystery solved.

That'll be $3500.

There ya go. Mystery solved.

That'll be $3500.

I fucking hate google

If you put your phone number down on Facebook where they as for it just in case you forget your password, thats how its done.
The phone can also be data mined if you use it to go to facebook on.

Forum List

Back