How Did the Ancients Know About Dinosaurs?

So how’d they know what a stegosaurus look like
They didnt. Your first clue is that it doesn't look like a stegosaurus. Your second clue is that it looks like a rhino or a boar...both animals which actually existed in the year 1200

Wait, I already said that. Pay attention, son!

So how’d they know what a stegosaurus look like
They didnt. Your first clue is that it doesn't look like a stegosaurus. Your second clue is that it looks like a rhino or a boar...both animals which actually existed in the year 1200

Wait, I already said that. Pay attention, son!
Sure it does. Rhinos and boats in Cambodia! Good one.

A few years ago I went into a 13th century Church in Estonia. Inside were mid 17th century paintings of various Bible scenes. I stopped in my tracks when I saw this painting from the Book of Job. It wasn't the Renaissance clothing everyone was wearing but what was behind them. The painting was hanging there a century before the first dinosaur fossils were even discovered yet they showed Job 40 perfectly with Brontosaurus’s.

How did they know?

View attachment 265658 View attachment 265659

“Look at Behemoth,which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
What strength it has in its loins, what power in the muscles of its belly!
Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
Its bones are tubes of bronze, its limbs like rods of iron.
It ranks first among the works of God, yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
The hills bring it their produce, and all the wild animals play nearby.
Under the lotus plants it lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
The lotuses conceal it in their shadow; the poplars by the stream surround it.
A raging river does not alarm it; it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
Can anyone capture it by the eyes, or trap it and pierce its nose?
Job 40:15-24

View attachment 265660

While in Cambodia I made sure to visit a temple that was built around 1100 AD. How’d they know what a Stegosaurus looked like?
What makes you think ancient civilizations never found fossils?
A. There are no fossils in Cambodia.
B. Fossil beds don’t look like anything except a pile of bones.

View attachment 266077
Its not like Cambodia is cut off from the rest of the world you moron. They could have gone anywhere and seen fossils or heard stories from other people. Its apparent you dont know what youre talking about. They have found a couple of fossils with complete skeletons. How the fuck do you know if they found a complete skeleton or not and evacuated it?

Close-Relative-of-the-Famous-Velociraptor-Found-2.jpg

Last edited:
There is no evidence of ancient peoples excavating dinosaur fossils. One person told me Aristotle knew about and found a fossil when it was a sand dollar from the beach. The evos will make up anything BS to keep their "faith-based" science, i.e. dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago.

There is no evidence of ancient peoples excavating dinosaur fossils. One person told me Aristotle knew about and found a fossil when it was a sand dollar from the beach. The evos will make up anything BS to keep their "faith-based" science, i.e. dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago.

"There is no evidence of ancient peoples excavating dinosaur fossils."

There was no evidence of a lot things until there was. Lack of evidence is not the determining factor. It just means you are too blind or too ignorant to know exactly what they did or didnt do.

A few years ago I went into a 13th century Church in Estonia. Inside were mid 17th century paintings of various Bible scenes. I stopped in my tracks when I saw this painting from the Book of Job. It wasn't the Renaissance clothing everyone was wearing but what was behind them. The painting was hanging there a century before the first dinosaur fossils were even discovered yet they showed Job 40 perfectly with Brontosaurus’s.

How did they know?

“Look at Behemoth,which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
It ranks first among the works of God, yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
A raging river does not alarm it; it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.

View attachment 265660

While in Cambodia I made sure to visit a temple that was built around 1100 AD. How’d they know what a Stegosaurus looked like?
Fossils. They are found in the ground. Look it up.

Interesting OP.

How did they know?

View attachment 265660

Interesting OP.
Fossils. They sometimes stick out of the ground. Look it up.

How did they know?

View attachment 265660

Interesting OP.

So...they they knew what the skin and flesh looked like from fossilized bone? :uhh:

How did they know?

View attachment 265660

Interesting OP.

So...they they knew what the skin and flesh looked like from fossilized bone? :uhh:
YA THINK? :clap2:

How did they know?

View attachment 265660

Interesting OP.

No, no I don't.

Interesting OP.

No, no I don't.
That's somewhat unsurprising, for someone who is still clinging on to the Confederacy.

Interesting OP.

No, no I don't.
That's somewhat unsurprising, for someone who is still clinging on to the Confederacy.

Do tell how you come to the conclusion they were able to do that in the 1600s.

There was no evidence of a lot things until there was. Lack of evidence is not the determining factor. It just means you are too blind or too ignorant to know exactly what they did or didnt do.

Hahahahahahaha. Man, you can believe up is down and down is up with that piece of strange logic and science. We had coelacanth to contradict evolution. And the evos believe dinosaurs became extinct based on what exactly?

The evidence -- global stories and legends of dinosaurs, art pieces, shows that humans in ancient times lived with dinosaurs. Not next door, but they were around.

No, no I don't.

Do tell how you come to the conclusion they were able to do that in the 1600s.
Sorry, you're right, it was an invisible superbeing in another dimension that no one has ever seen that told them about dinos. :biggrin:

How did they know?

View attachment 265660

The 1000s are the ancients?

Damn, the b.c. humans must feel like cave men!

A fossil of a Dino is typically scattered pieces over a large area buried in the ground.

To be sure, but they still had to excavate for construction just like we do. And they weren’t morons, they had the same brains that we do. I see where you are coming from though. Even if they found intact fossils, how would they know those old bones made a brontosaurus shaped critter?
They had certainly seen enough skeletons to literally know heads from tails. And can easily figure out what goes in between. There isn't a whole lot of variation in that regard.

But don’t you think that if they managed to put a dinosaur back together that they would have noted it, or put it up in a church somewhere?
I don't know that they went so far as to do a whole lot of complete excavation, and reassembly. But they certainly took notice of what they saw. Probably the source for many a dragon legend.

That was my thought to, about the dragons.

Hahahahahahaha. Man, you can believe up is down and down is up with that piece of strange logic and science. We had coelacanth to contradict evolution. And the evos believe dinosaurs became extinct based on what exactly?

The evidence -- global stories and legends of dinosaurs, art pieces, shows that humans in ancient times lived with dinosaurs. Not next door, but they were around.
Dinos were wiped out by an asteroid. There’s geologic proof. Look it up. Fool.

Forum List

Back