How do the non-spiritual explain it?

Atheism is not an abnormality. .
you have to admit it's irrational, however.....whether irrationality is abnormality doesn't really appear worth debating.......
I can admit you are an angry, self-loathing religious extremist who sets the stereotype for such behavior.
just more evidence of an atheist being irrational......
It's not irrational to point out the hate that maintains your pathology.

????.....sure it is......
If your pathology calms an emotional requirement to maintain your self-loathing, your religion becomes a crutch.
throwing words into the same sentence does not guarantee communication......

wouldn't any "loathing" require the inflaming of emotion rather than a calming?.....
Do you find it a paradox that you find shelter for your insensate anger and self-loathing in an alleged "holy text"?

Your claims to spirit realms, magical gawds and supernatural entities ...blah blah blah!

You're just a one trick pony, aren't you? In fact, when we read your posts, what we see is a shallow-minded person with little imagination. You can't even think up new insults, you just keep repeating the same ones over and over. And I guarantee you didn't come up with "gawds" ...no, that was created by someone much smarter than you, as were all your lines. This primitive lack of any imagination is probably what did the Neanderthals in. I've noticed that people with little or no spirituality are also devoid of any creativity and imagination.

If your pathology calms an emotional requirement to maintain your self-loathing, your religion becomes a crutch.

wouldn't any "loathing" require the inflaming of emotion rather than a calming?.....
Do you find it a paradox that you find shelter for your insensate anger and self-loathing in an alleged "holy text"?
that would require me to find your imagination a paradox (which I do), since I actually feel no self loathing........

Your claims to spirit realms, magical gawds and supernatural entities ...blah blah blah!

You're just a one trick pony, aren't you? In fact, when we read your posts, what we see is a shallow-minded person with little imagination. You can't even think up new insults, you just keep repeating the same ones over and over. And I guarantee you didn't come up with "gawds" ...no, that was created by someone much smarter than you, as were all your lines. This primitive lack of any imagination is probably what did the Neanderthals in. I've noticed that people with little or no spirituality are also devoid of any creativity and imagination.
That's odd. I've noticed that purveyors of religions which they have created in their own minds tend to recoil in shocked surprise when they're confronted with objective standards to support their religions.

I'm afraid that you're a failed L Ron Hubbard wannabe and your Religion of Magical Spirit Realms fails the test of objective standards. Cheer up Bossy. Take solace in the fact that your religion fails the same test that other religions fail: the test of a standard of proof. For all your constant whining about why you demand others accept your specious claims to real and extant gawds, your gawds and your alleged daily communications with those gawds share the same logical errors, false premises and silly musings that accompany the claims of the man in the strait jacket who thinks himself to be Napoleon, and whose socks are being stolen on a nightly basis.

that would require me to find your imagination a paradox (which I do), since I actually feel no self loathing........
Of course you do. You parade it in these forums..........

That's odd. I've noticed that purveyors of religions which they have created in their own minds tend to recoil in shocked surprise when they're confronted with objective standards to support their religions.

Well that's even more odd because you don't have a clue what any of those words mean, you've never been objective and you don't have any standards.

I think some of you guys need to look up the word spirit and spiritual and see how Boss is using it.

The thing I would disagree with Boss on is that 95% of humans have a spiritual nature. That suggest the other 5% of the population are like vegetables....I don't think we have that many human vegetables in the world.

However, when you talk about spiritualists that is when we start getting into the supernatural..

Well that's even more odd because you don't have a clue what any of those words mean, you've never been objective and you don't have any standards.
Wrong as usual, Bossy. This is the second thread you have opened with your continuing theme of hawking your Religion of Magical Spirit Realms. You got infuriated in that prior thread just as you are infuriated in this latest disaster of yours because you can't accept being held to a standard of demonstration. It's a simple matter, Bossy. Don't expect to post your silly musings regarding your spirit realms, gawds and "astral projection" nonsense and expect others to blithely proceed on as though they are under any obligation to accept your pointless "because I say so" claims.

Your laughable list of side show carnival attractions in the OP might well have included tarot card reading and 3 card Monty. Really Bossy, you shouldn't expect others to be so gullible as to mindlessly accept the fast-talking claims of the charlatans you are in thrall of.

I think some of you guys need to look up the word spirit and spiritual and see how Boss is using it.

The thing I would disagree with Boss on is that 95% of humans have a spiritual nature. That suggest the other 5% of the population are like vegetables....I don't think we have that many human vegetables in the world.

However, when you talk about spiritualists that is when we start getting into the supernatural..
If you look at the roll call of "adventures into the world of carnival freaks, scammers and crystal ball readers" that Bossy posted in the OP, he's apparently persuaded by the hawkers of magic and supernaturalism.

I suspect he spends a lot of time in his parents basement staring at forks and spoons and telling them "bend goddammit, bend".

you want to hear something funny

There has been studies into ESP, telepathy, projection/remote viewing and some other kooky stuff.

However, most of the research has shown to be inconclusive.

How many Persians in iran or Arabs in the middle east dont believe but stay silent? How many atheists in China india Japan Europe canada australia Africa South america and america?

Bet we're more than 5%. And growing ever since the Enlightenment over the past few hundred years.

I don't know how man don't believe but stay silent... How many believe but claim they don't? Seems like if we get into what people feel instead of what they say, we can rationalize all kinds of statistics that aren't valid.

Nihilism is the belief in absolute nothingness. No God, no possibility for one, no spiritual nature, no possibility for any, nothing greater than human minds, no possibility of anything else, ever, end of story. These people represent about 5% of the species and there has never been any civilization where this number was much higher.

Let me give you the perfect example of the average theist. They haven't given it much thought boss. They don't believe the stories of the bibles are ready. They admit they have their doubt but grew up catholic or Jewish or whatever boss. The point is they dont really believe. I'm a perfect example. Every Greek I know thinks I'm a Greek orthodox and they are too. I've talked to lots of guys who dont really believe but we all register on your radar as spiritual.

Bottom line is you believe because most dummies believe what they want to believe. Just because you all want it to be true is shit for evidence.

Science has not pinpointed when man supposedly "invented" spirituality. You can claim that as an opinion, you can't claim it's a scientific fact. It's just not.
Well it was the Neanderthals who started the superstitious burial rituals you define as "spiritualism," so what is so unscientific about Neanderthals inventing burial superstitions/spiritualism?
And prove 95% of Neanderthals were superstitious.
Boss says is if the native americans came up with gods and the Greeks came up with gods and because ancient primitive uneducated man always believed we are stuck with their invention. Because they couldn't imagine any other way and neither can boss there must be a creator. It it intelligent? Does it care? Is it eternal? Does it dedicate? Did it build a heaven for christians only? Did it talk to moses Noah or impregnate Mary? What do you think?

Its such a stupid thought. Like ghosts or angels or Satan.

It's not an invention. You have to prove this in order to claim it. We've been through this already, so stop being stubborn and claiming this when you have no basis for the claim.

Especially something that completely contradicts everything we know about animal behavior. Not a damn living thing has ever "invented" a fundamental attribute of it's species. Attributes are formed over time and develop, they aren't inventions. Attributes which have no beneficial purpose are forgotten and discarded in favor of attributes which help the species thrive.

So all your "invented hocus pocus" claims are invalid. This is why you have zero evidence of a pinpoint in time where man "invented" spirituality. It has been with man all along as an intrinsic attribute.
Before religions didn't people believe in astrology? Didn't Greeks go to the fortune tellers to find out what their fate would be? Kings only went to war if these mystics foretold a victory. Yea boss ignorant primitive men were spiritual and stupid just like you.

We're also very young in the grand scheme of things. Just because we were superstitious the first 100,000 years doesnt mean we will be for the next million years.

Spirituality is not superstition. You can believe that but it's not true. Like religion, superstitions are evidence of human spirituality at work inside a fertile imagination. It is unfortunately because we are spiritually aware and have such a spiritually inspired mind, that we can imagine superstitious beliefs.

A lot of religions are superstitious in nature, I won't argue that, but again... religions are also a byproduct of our human spirituality. Our spirituality is not superstition because that's where superstition comes from... do you see any signs of superstition anywhere else in nature? Superstitions without the spirituality basis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... it defies nature.
There must be something to ghosts UFOs angels unicorns leprechauns Santa..

How many Persians in iran or Arabs in the middle east dont believe but stay silent? How many atheists in China india Japan Europe canada australia Africa South america and america?

Bet we're more than 5%. And growing ever since the Enlightenment over the past few hundred years.

I don't know how man don't believe but stay silent... How many believe but claim they don't? Seems like if we get into what people feel instead of what they say, we can rationalize all kinds of statistics that aren't valid.

Nihilism is the belief in absolute nothingness. No God, no possibility for one, no spiritual nature, no possibility for any, nothing greater than human minds, no possibility of anything else, ever, end of story. These people represent about 5% of the species and there has never been any civilization where this number was much higher.
This is just more of your endlessly recycled rattling of slogans and cliches'.

Your insistence on the promotion of the fear, ignorance and superstitions that haunt your existence has gone beyond creepy. At this point, just accept that you're not winning converts to Boss's New Fangled Religion of Spirit Realms.

Remember, L. Ron Hubbard failed in his first attempt at religion building until he found the "hook" he needed to rope people in which was the metaphysics of Dianetics. You need a hook there, Laddie, something more than silly slogans and cliches'.
Emily joined his little cult.

I said 95% believe in something greater than self. This is based on the number of self-described Nihilists which is roughly 5%. I realize much of the 95% may not be very spiritually connected but 1.) that wasn't the claim, and 2.) the 95% seems to agitate Atheists immensely.

I reject that spiritual is supernatural. The word 'supernatural' means outside of nature, and human spirituality is part of nature.

Forum List

Back