How do the non-spiritual explain it?

I said 95% believe in something greater than self. This is based on the number of self-described Nihilists which is roughly 5%. I realize much of the 95% may not be very spiritually connected but 1.) that wasn't the claim, and 2.) the 95% seems to agitate Atheists immensely.

I reject that spiritual is supernatural. The word 'supernatural' means outside of nature, and human spirituality is part of nature.
As usual, that is not exactly what you said, which was quite a bit more expansive than that!
We've already established that human spirituality dates back to the origin of human civilization. This attribute is not an argument, it's an undeniable trait found in 95% of the species for all it's existence.

We're also very young in the grand scheme of things. Just because we were superstitious the first 100,000 years doesnt mean we will be for the next million years.

Spirituality is not superstition. You can believe that but it's not true. Like religion, superstitions are evidence of human spirituality at work inside a fertile imagination. It is unfortunately because we are spiritually aware and have such a spiritually inspired mind, that we can imagine superstitious beliefs.

A lot of religions are superstitious in nature, I won't argue that, but again... religions are also a byproduct of our human spirituality. Our spirituality is not superstition because that's where superstition comes from... do you see any signs of superstition anywhere else in nature? Superstitions without the spirituality basis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... it defies nature.
There must be something to ghosts UFOs angels unicorns leprechauns Santa..

It's getting old-- me totally destroying your arguments and making you look foolish, only to be met with yet another smart-ass retort that hasn't been well thought out. Before I address this latest post, do you understand how spirituality can't be superstition? How that completely defies all logic and reason? It's as dumb as trying to argue lightning is caused by the sound of thunder.

Now to your latest nugget of stupidity... Unicorns, leprechauns and Santa are myths we constructed and have always been aware are myths. UFOs are unidentified flying objects and Project Blue Book should suffice in proving these phenomenon do exist, whether we can explain them or not. Note that I didn't say UFOs are flying saucers from another planet, just that UFOs do exist. Ghosts and angels fall into a category of their own which may have something to do with spiritual nature, we don't know.

I have made no argument that "there must be something to it" based on a lot of people report it. A lot of people report being atheist and are certain God doesn't exist. The only something that must be to that is, people denying their human spirituality.

I said 95% believe in something greater than self. This is based on the number of self-described Nihilists which is roughly 5%. I realize much of the 95% may not be very spiritually connected but 1.) that wasn't the claim, and 2.) the 95% seems to agitate Atheists immensely.

I reject that spiritual is supernatural. The word 'supernatural' means outside of nature, and human spirituality is part of nature.
As usual, that is not exactly what you said, which was quite a bit more expansive than that!
We've already established that human spirituality dates back to the origin of human civilization. This attribute is not an argument, it's an undeniable trait found in 95% of the species for all it's existence.

What-the-fuck-ever, dude! Did you run out of corn to pick from your poo?

You got infuriated in that prior thread just as you are infuriated in this latest disaster of yours...

Don't know how I am coming across as "infuriated" to you, but I am not in the least bit. I enjoy the hell out of picking off stupid atheist arguments. I do tend to get bored with morons like you who lack any imagination. It just seems to me a huge waste of time and energy to continue typing the same paragraph over and over for days, weeks, months on end. Doesn't that get old to you?

You got infuriated in that prior thread just as you are infuriated in this latest disaster of yours...

Don't know how I am coming across as "infuriated" to you, but I am not in the least bit. I enjoy the hell out of picking off stupid atheist arguments. I do tend to get bored with morons like you who lack any imagination. It just seems to me a huge waste of time and energy to continue typing the same paragraph over and over for days, weeks, months on end. Doesn't that get old to you?
Read your own posts, Bossy. You're as angry and infuriated as you were in the previous thread you opened wherein you pressed your religion of spirit realms and you convinced no one of your New Fangled gawds.

It gets old, Bossy. You use the same goofy slogans and cliches' in this thread as the other. Speaking of no imagination. You couldn't sell your spirit realm nonsense in the prior thread, why would you think you could sell it here?

Consider shuffling back to Harun Yahya and plead for another chance to win converts. Maybe another message board will allow you to find the converts you so desperately want.

We're also very young in the grand scheme of things. Just because we were superstitious the first 100,000 years doesnt mean we will be for the next million years.

Spirituality is not superstition. You can believe that but it's not true. Like religion, superstitions are evidence of human spirituality at work inside a fertile imagination. It is unfortunately because we are spiritually aware and have such a spiritually inspired mind, that we can imagine superstitious beliefs.

A lot of religions are superstitious in nature, I won't argue that, but again... religions are also a byproduct of our human spirituality. Our spirituality is not superstition because that's where superstition comes from... do you see any signs of superstition anywhere else in nature? Superstitions without the spirituality basis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... it defies nature.
There must be something to ghosts UFOs angels unicorns leprechauns Santa..

It's getting old-- me totally destroying your arguments and making you look foolish, only to be met with yet another smart-ass retort that hasn't been well thought out. Before I address this latest post, do you understand how spirituality can't be superstition? How that completely defies all logic and reason? It's as dumb as trying to argue lightning is caused by the sound of thunder.

Now to your latest nugget of stupidity... Unicorns, leprechauns and Santa are myths we constructed and have always been aware are myths. UFOs are unidentified flying objects and Project Blue Book should suffice in proving these phenomenon do exist, whether we can explain them or not. Note that I didn't say UFOs are flying saucers from another planet, just that UFOs do exist. Ghosts and angels fall into a category of their own which may have something to do with spiritual nature, we don't know.

I have made no argument that "there must be something to it" based on a lot of people report it. A lot of people report being atheist and are certain God doesn't exist. The only something that must be to that is, people denying their human spirituality.
I'm not the only one trying to explain why you are wrong. And if all those Muslims Jews and christians all think youre going to hell there must be something to it.

That's what you have an imagination.

????.....sure it is......
If your pathology calms an emotional requirement to maintain your self-loathing, your religion becomes a crutch.
throwing words into the same sentence does not guarantee communication......

wouldn't any "loathing" require the inflaming of emotion rather than a calming?.....
Do you find it a paradox that you find shelter for your insensate anger and self-loathing in an alleged "holy text"?
that would require me to find your imagination a paradox (which I do), since I actually feel no self loathing........
Of course you do. You parade it in these forums..........
interesting......can you give me an example of what it is you consider self-loathing?.....

If your pathology calms an emotional requirement to maintain your self-loathing, your religion becomes a crutch.
throwing words into the same sentence does not guarantee communication......

wouldn't any "loathing" require the inflaming of emotion rather than a calming?.....
Do you find it a paradox that you find shelter for your insensate anger and self-loathing in an alleged "holy text"?
that would require me to find your imagination a paradox (which I do), since I actually feel no self loathing........
Of course you do. You parade it in these forums..........
interesting......can you give me an example of what it is you consider self-loathing?.....
Interesting.... Are you so clueless you can't proof read your own comments?

I'm quite familiar with my own posts.....I see nothing in them that shows self-loathing....I am curious what it looks like.....

I'm quite familiar with my own posts.....I see nothing in them that shows self-loathing....I am curious what it looks like.....
You're clueless regarding your own scribbling..... Your scribbling is rife with self-loathing, fear, anxiety, ignorance, etc....... you should correct your failings.......,

You're clueless regarding your own scribbling..... Your scribbling is rife with self-loathing, fear, anxiety, ignorance, etc....... you should correct your failings.......,

Do you mean the christian schtick where we are all sinners and will never live up or be worth of god? That kind of guilt and self loathing?

Do you mean the christian schtick where we are all sinners and will never live up or be worth of god? That kind of guilt and self loathing?
Yep, that kind.

Christians, (especially the fundamentalist breed), are in quite a predicament. They cannot withstand a world wherein humans are the final arbiters of our destiny, that our actions need to be watched over and managed by a father figure (never seen), and that human progress is inherently impossible without the guidance of the father figure. Finally, the really angry, self-loathing Christian is in a psychological dilemma of superiority/inferiority and hate/self-hate. They are told they are born evil, base, and carrying the sins of A&E. They are told that they are so vaunted by their gods that this entire realm of existence was created exclusively for them, but at the same time, they are so evil, base and unworthy of existence that they are but expendable property in the sight of their deities. That is a prescription for a maladjusted personality and it's evident by the seething hate / self-hate that the hyper-religious project on themselves and those around them.

Yep, that kind.

Christians, (especially the fundamentalist breed), are in quite a predicament. They cannot withstand a world wherein humans are the final arbiters of our destiny, that our actions need to be watched over and managed by a father figure (never seen), and that human progress is inherently impossible without the guidance of the father figure. Finally, the really angry, self-loathing Christian is in a psychological dilemma of superiority/inferiority and hate/self-hate. They are told they are born evil, base, and carrying the sins of A&E. They are told that they are so vaunted by their gods that this entire realm of existence was created exclusively for them, but at the same time, they are so evil, base and unworthy of existence that they are but expendable property in the sight of their deities. That is a prescription for a maladjusted personality and it's evident by the seething hate / self-hate that the hyper-religious project on themselves and those around them.
But you can't prove its not true. Lol. You are so well spoken. Just know when they bash you I think you say the truth brilliantly. You even bust bosses balls for inventing his own god. He created him out of a buffet of god parts. The parts he doesnt like he just doesnt swallow.

Why just because we see your religion is no different from the other 999?

Bottom line is bosses arguments dont prove anything. And we know it all makes perfect sense to him but consider what makes sense to other theists. Talking snakes Noah Jonah burning Bush's virgin births and that god came through Mary the virgin I can't even continue. Its all just so damn stupid. Us athiests have to be militant. How else does someone wake a sleepwalker who do t wake up from a whisper? Eventually you have to say wake the fuck up! Youre sick and you dont know it. Dumb desease

again, give me an example of my postings which demonstrate self loathing....personally I think this is just another example of you posting meaningless slogans......

again, give me an example of my postings which demonstrate self loathing....personally I think this is just another example of you posting meaningless slogans......
Again...... I clearly outlined the reasons for your self-loathing and hate...... personally I think this is yet another example of your inability to follow simple directions......

Forum List

Back