How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

Climate Myth...​

Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions
“The oceans contain 37,400 billion tons (GT) of suspended carbon, land biomass has 2000-3000 GT. The atmosphere contains 720 billion tons of CO2 and humans contribute only 6 GT additional load on this balance. The oceans, land and atmosphere exchange CO2 continuously so the additional load by humans is incredibly small. A small shift in the balance between oceans and air would cause a CO2 much more severe rise than anything we could produce.”

Before the industrial revolution, the CO2 content in the air remained quite steady for thousands of years. Natural CO2 is not static, however. It is generated by natural processes, and absorbed by others.

As you can see in Figure 1, natural land and ocean carbon remains roughly in balance and have done so for a long time – and we know this because we can measure historic levels of CO2 in the atmosphere both directly (in ice cores) and indirectly (through proxies).

Carbon_Cycle.gif

Figure 1: Global carbon cycle. Numbers represent flux of carbon dioxide in gigatons (Source: Figure 7.3, IPCC AR4).

But consider what happens when more CO2 is released from outside of the natural carbon cycle – by burning fossil fuels. Although our output of 29 gigatons of CO2 is tiny compared to the 750 gigatons moving through the carbon cycle each year, it adds up because the land and ocean cannot absorb all of the extra CO2. About 60% of this additional CO2 is absorbed. The rest remains in the atmosphere, and as a consequence, atmospheric CO2 is at its Highest level in 15 to 20 Million years (Tripati et al. 2009).
(A natural change of 100ppm normally takes 5,000 to 20,000 years. The recent increase of 100ppm has taken just 120 years).

Human CO2 emissions upset the natural balance of the carbon cycle. Man-made CO2 in the atmosphere has increased by a third since the pre-industrial era, creating an artificial forcing of global temperatures which is warming the planet. While fossil-fuel derived CO2 is a very small component of the global carbon cycle, the extra CO2 is cumulative because the natural carbon exchange cannot absorb all the additional CO2.

The level of atmospheric CO2 is building up, the additional CO2 is being produced by burning fossil fuels, and that build up is Accelerating.

`

Last edited:
Made up nonsense is all your upchucking here
I remember you , you don't add anything to the conversation. Keep asking " Why " over and over like an immature child. Try to have a good night, I plan on it.

Made up nonsense is all your upchucking here
Once a troll, always a troll.

Besides he's a creep.

Thanks for the Chart!
But I'm already in a few HighQ groups.
Thus, my posts.

Here's 100+? Graphics explaining it.
The thing about 98% of the people here is they don't have the IQ or attitude to use google
ie, You could just type your query/puzzlement into google and Find the answer. WTF!
So what is your issue?
Are you too stupid, or do you just want to keep your politics?

Highlighting one for the beginner from the many (hundreds?) at the link:

evidence_greenhouse.jpg

etc, etc, etc, with more complex breakdowns as to which ones, how much, wavelengths, etc.

`
NASA - Water Vapor Confirmed as Major Player in Climate Change
"This study confirms that what was predicted by the models is really happening in the atmosphere," said Eric Fetzer, an atmospheric scientist who works with AIRS data at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "Water vapor is the big player in the atmosphere as far as climate is concerned."
It always has, and because the Marxists cant tax water vapor yet, they must do the next best thing, and that is tax the product that makes people happy, because of their ability to travel. Marxists cannot be happy so do whatever they can to make everyone else miserable fucks, just like them.

I am still having a hard time understanding that a clear odorless gas, CO2 reflects sunlight back into space. O3 which is Ozone, keeps the radiation from penetrating into the Earth.

Ozone absorbs UV-B radiation from the sun. When an ozone molecule absorbs UV-B, it comes apart into an oxygen molecule (O 2) and a separate oxygen atom (O). Later, the two components can reform the ozone molecule (O 3). By absorbing UV-B in the stratosphere, the ozone layer prevents harmful levels of this radiation from reaching Earth’s surface.

Ozone and You | Ozone Secretariat

View attachment 772783
ozone.unep.org/ozone-and-you
I’m betting you haven’t taken a STEM class

NASA - Water Vapor Confirmed as Major Player in Climate Change It always has, and because the Marxists cant tax water vapor yet, they must do the next best thing, and that is tax the product that makes people happy, because of their ability to travel. Marxists cannot be happy so do whatever they can to make everyone else miserable fucks, just like them.

Water Vapor, CO2, and Global Warming​

MYTH: Water vapor is the most important, abundant greenhouse gas. So if we’re going to control a greenhouse gas, why don’t we control it instead of carbon dioxide (CO2)?​

This is a common Misconception in the debate over greenhouse gases and the causes of global warming. Both water vapor and carbon dioxide are important greenhouse gases that play a crucial role in atmospheric warming. A greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and re-emits infrared radiation in Earth’s atmosphere, thereby increasing temperatures. Which gas then is to blame for global warming and should be controlled?

Water vapor accounts for 60-70% of the greenhouse effect while CO2 accounts for 25% —a notable difference when numbers alone are compared. It would seem then that water vapor should be climatologists’ primary focus. However, water vapor cannot be controlled by human intervention; it is simply a Product of its environment.

The amount of water vapor the atmosphere can hold is dependent on temperature.
Under normal conditions, most of the heat emitted from Earth’s surface in the form of long wave radiation goes into the atmosphere and out into space. However, the presence of increased greenhouse gases traps more long-wave radiation, which means there is more energy in the atmosphere to warm the Earth’s surface.

As the atmospheric temperature rises, more water is evaporated from ground storage, such as that found in our rivers, oceans, soils, and reservoirs. The released water vapor becomes a greenhouse gas where it then absorbs more energy radiated from the Earth and thus warms the atmosphere. The warmer atmosphere results in further water evaporation and the cycle continues. This mechanism is known as a Positive Feedback Loop.

Scientists then need to focus on what is causing air temperatures to rise in the first place. Heat from Other Greenhouse Gases is Causing atmospheric Warming, Leading to an increase in water evaporation and compounding the greenhouse effect. Anthropogenic, or human-derived, CO2 serves as the Primary source of Warming with water vapor playing a Secondary role.
While CO2 occurs naturally in the atmosphere, human interference has interrupted the carbon cycle through activities, such as burning forests, mining, and burning coal. These activities artificially release more carbon from their solid storage to its gaseous state in the lower atmosphere. The rapid increase in CO2 volume has exceeded the amount oceans and vegetation are able to re-absorb. Furthermore, as deforestation continues around the world, there is less vegetation every year available to sequester the carbon. Thus, excess CO2 remains in the atmosphere where it traps heat and stimulates water evaporation."...."

Water Vapor, CO2, and Global Warming | IEDRO

See, I've been there/done that.
But I thank you for your factual attempts, not the One Line Trolls that are 80% of USMB Shitkickers

(jc456, ToddsterParrot, ding, wetwall, mod-MisterBeale, mod-Meister, etc, etc, etc)

`

Last edited:

You all can’t prove CO2 warms anything. Frank and many of us asking you how warm 120 ppm is? You haven’t explained why the earth isn’t one temperature. You can’t admit the earth isn’t stable. So don’t insult my intelligence by saying stupid phrases like man changes climate without evidence of any change in climate. One place, go?

You all can’t prove CO2 warms anything. Frank and many of us asking you how warm 120 ppm is? You haven’t explained why the earth isn’t one temperature. You can’t admit the earth isn’t stable. So don’t insult my intelligence by saying stupid phrases like man changes climate without evidence of any change in climate. One place, go?
Are you trying to change the subject? The beginning of the current conversation began with your inquiry about humans causing climate change:

Agreed there's nothing normal about climate change ; man has upset the natural balance of things.
jc456 said: How? Explain

I just gave you the how... the explanation. You need to acknowledge that before we move on. Otherwise you look like a troll.

This:

main-qimg-6c88e20a95b9388752c995f911591be6-pjlq

tells us that CO2 in the atmosphere will warm the planet.

We're not going to tell you "how warm 120 ppm is" because the complexity of the Earth and its climate makes that a really, really stupid question. And you were told that several years ago when you first asked it and you've been told that over and over again since then. And that makes you asking it again quite troll like.

Likewise with this question as to why the Earth isn't all the same temperature. That is a question one would get from a very, very young child, not an adult. You asking it makes you look like a troll. I have no idea what you mean when you say the Earth isn't stable and I strongly suspect that you don't either and that you will not elucidate us on the point. There is really no need for any of us to insult your intelligence. You reveal its severe shortcomings on a hourly basis and have done so here for years. The global temperature graph you've seen a thousand times is prima facie evidence of global climate change. You can accept that or you can put in your hourly demonstration of ignorance by saying someone just made it up.

You are an ignorant troll and I don't really want to hurt your feelings but I don't think there is a soul here who wouldn't be happy if you left. For good.

You are an ignorant troll and I don't really want to hurt your feelings but I don't think there is a soul here who wouldn't be happy if you left. For good.
Like others here, he's a regularly visiting troll from the WUWT (We Understand Wet Trousers) paid denier club that somehow can never disclose its sponsors. Probably too embarrassed.

Like others here, he's a regularly visiting troll from the WUWT (We Understand Wet Trousers) paid denier club that somehow can never disclose its sponsors. Probably too embarrassed.
And anyone who engages/answers/'converses' with him, Including/ESPECIALLY the OCD Crick should be treated with Disdain.
I do not reply to 5-word-j456.
Crick will/HAS TO answer everyone and everything. His is the last post in more than 1/3 of the threads here.
He is very sick in his own way.
I give him a 'disagree' for every response he makes to 456.
That only after messaging him to explain that there is nothing you can say to 456 that won't elicit another nonsense 5 word reply.
But Crick is the Mr Magoo of the section.
He can't help himself, and tho he has AGW right, is a total idiot in common sense.
`

Last edited:
Crick's a good man. Often adds new and interesting perspectives. He does things his way. You yours. Me mine. All fine by me.

Climate change (and CO2 in the atmo) isn't 'local.'
It's warming Globally.
`
Yes but the corporations that are blamed for pollution have to register in each state in order to operate there. So going through the AG or SOS per state govt is where the people can hold companies liable for damages complaints and debts created for the effects and impact of pollutants.

If the cost of operations exceeds the profits, the company cannot afford to operate there. So we need to organize district and statewide representation for people to report the impact of pollution and demand corrections, prevention and restitution. Then people will have democratic representation, process and protections instead of complaining globally to the UN which does not provide means for the people to petition the actual parties responsible for company policies and procedures.

I would put the Green Party in charge of facilitating representation per district proportional to the populations and party membership. And have the Libertarian party manage a Grand Jury grievance process of assessing complaints of abuses and violations, as well as reviewing settlements and solutions to make sure these meet Constitutional compliance. Tax reform can be implemented based on the restitution owed to Taxpayers for wrongdoing, where the money, credits or collateral on debts owed to the public can be reimbursed and reinvested in corrections.

Since each party has their own "laundry list" of govt abuses, reforms and solutions, why not put each party in charge of addressing their area of speciality, and delegate the work of corrections and restitution in teams?

Since each party has their own "laundry list" of govt abuses, reforms and solutions, why not put each party in charge of addressing their area of speciality, and delegate the work of corrections and restitution in teams?
Because the Duopoly prevents it. Gotta fix that first. Democracy grants real power only to established majority interests.

Third parties are effectively shut out of Presidential elections by the Electoral College and are prevented from competing fairly more locally by winner-take-all and "Major Party" biased qualification processes.

skelley-THIRD-PARTY-0130-1.png

images

u8pctpnlyu6ryxkysamptq.png

And anyone who engages/answers/'converses' with him, Including/ESPECIALLY the OCD Crick should be treated with Disdain.
I do not reply to 5-word-j456.
Crick will/HAS TO answer everyone and everything. His is the last post in more than 1/3 of the threads here.
He is very sick in his own way.
I give him a 'disagree' for every response he makes to 456.
That only after messaging him to explain that there is nothing you can say to 456 that won't elicit another nonsense 5 word reply.
But Crick is the Mr Magoo of the section.
He can't help himself, and tho he has AGW right, is a total idiot in common sense.
`
Given your opinions of jc456, don't you think management should have done something about him long ago?

Are you trying to change the subject? The beginning of the current conversation began with your inquiry about humans causing climate change:
The subject is all inclusive.

Humans breath and when they do release CO2. Didn't you know that?​

The earth cannot survive under 150-180 PPM of CO2. The fact the earth is at 400 PPM is supposed to be bad is nonsense and has never been proven.​

The fact you complain man uses earth based fossil fuels is bad is ridiculous to its core. Pollution is not the discussion.​

North America is but 16.5% earth's land mass and 4.8% of total surface. The constant harassment of American citizens is evil and unprecedented. I will continue my counter arguments to you as needed.​
It seems you truly believe man is somehow creating tornadoes, then show us in an experiment how CO2 causes it. To date your masters failed to do so. Thought weather wasn't climate, yet you all keep talking about storm strengths. Very odd.​
Climategate exposed the fraud.​
Now for the final bullet, you haven't produced one ounce of evidence that CO2 can create heat. Unanswered to date is how warm 120 PPM of CO2 is. Scientists have stated the additional CO2 is enhancing our plant life and crops. You most likely don't understand that.​

I'm not playing your stupid games. Man-made climate change has been going on since the Industrial Revolution started. First noted by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius in 1896. We're long past overdue on dealing with the problem. Have a good evening.
It's funny, you post this yet cannot produce where the climate change you complain about is. I lived in Chicago for 50 years and my climate today is the same as it was 50 years ago. Therefore, if you're going to say climate is changing, I merely assume you know where. It would be great if you could educate me.

Because the Duopoly prevents it. Gotta fix that first. Democracy grants real power only to established majority interests.

Third parties are effectively shut out of Presidential elections by the Electoral College and are prevented from competing fairly more locally by winner-take-all and "Major Party" biased qualification processes.

skelley-THIRD-PARTY-0130-1.png

images

u8pctpnlyu6ryxkysamptq.png
We bypass the party system all together by uniting the public in recognizing the parties as Religious Organizations.

We all agree to treat Parties like other Religions that aren't allowed to establish religious beliefs or creeds through Govt.

Nobody is enforcing this because they're too busy imposing their own beliefs through Govt. So we call a truce to the whole practice.

It's Unconstitutional.
It violates public accommodations laws under the Civil Rights Act.

We just haven't enforced that because the will of the people was to abuse govt to impose one religion over another through party.

The Govt only reflects what people are willing to put up with. The IRS and justice system will change when people decide to use the systems differently

That's how the independent currency changed.

That's how media has changed.

We the people get the govt and media we ask for by how we use these things.

So let's agree to use the party system differently, and organize people by religion to separate and protect them from infringing on each other!

The Constitution and govt was set up by people coming together to agree on how this would operate. There are more ants running the anthills as working people than the grasshoppers bullying everyone around.

We just need to organize by anthills and quit attacking each other. When we agree to respect each other's rights that's when govt will be held to the same standards.

The parties and media are run by people.

When we the people agree to stop the monopoly and bullying by dominance, this will compel govt to follow the will of the people.

We bypass the party system all together by uniting the public in recognizing the parties as Religious Organizations.

We all agree to treat Parties like other Religions that aren't allowed to establish religious beliefs or creeds through Govt.

Nobody is enforcing this because they're too busy imposing their own beliefs through Govt. So we call a truce to the whole practice.

It's Unconstitutional.
It violates public accommodations laws under the Civil Rights Act.

We just haven't enforced that because the will of the people was to abuse govt to impose one religion over another through party.

The Govt only reflects what people are willing to put up with. The IRS and justice system will change when people decide to use the systems differently

That's how the independent currency changed.

That's how media has changed.

We the people get the govt and media we ask for by how we use these things.

So let's agree to use the party system differently, and organize people by religion to separate and protect them from infringing on each other!

The Constitution and govt was set up by people coming together to agree on how this would operate. There are more ants running the anthills as working people than the grasshoppers bullying everyone around.

We just need to organize by anthills and quit attacking each other. When we agree to respect each other's rights that's when govt will be held to the same standards.

The parties and media are run by people.

When we the people agree to stop the monopoly and bullying by dominance, this will compel govt to follow the will of the people.
I'd prefer the demofks just post the evidence of CO2 that is evil. Anyone breathing is in violation of their utter nonsense.

Forum List

Back