How Does A Snowflake Answer The Question:"What Is An Assault Weapon" ??

I've said nothing about taking anything away from anyone. I've suggested it shouldn't be available.

So the millions of rifles that are already out there just what happens to them exactly?

A well maintained firearm has a lifespan of many many decades

Buy back. As an example, there are just under 2 million ARs. Pay above retail for turn in. Let's say $2k. That would be the best $4b ever spent. Do the same w/handguns. Even illegal ones. Maybe those kids on the street would find it more lucrative to turn them in rather than use them or sell them on. It would also kill the black market trade.

Another word for confiscation.

What if I don't want to "sell" my gun to the fucking governemnt?

It's not another word for confiscation at all.
Obviously you keep it then. I think it should have to be registered though.

Too bad. There is no need to register a rifle.

If you dopes were smart, you would willingly offer some concessions to avoid overreach.

70% of all murders occur in 5% of all the counties in the USA

so there are about 11000 murders a year and 7700 of them occur in these few counties

Get a handle on that and reduce the murder rate by up to 70% thereby lowering the numbers of murder annually to 3300

That would put our murder rate at .9 per 100000

and VOILA we have the same murder rate as the UK

We do not have a murder problem we have an urban violence problem

Mass murders (a sketchy term) is the tiniest of a fraction of a percent of the deaths caused by guns in general.
Yet three of the worst in our history have happened in the past six months. They are gaining. In the decade after the assault weapons ban expired, mass shootings and the number of people killed tripled. How much worse does it have to become before it becomes significant to you?
You, and the rest of the radical grabbers, have yet to correlate gun ownership to and out of control mass shooting spree.

It is NOT the guns. It is the people.

It's the culture around guns and it's effect on people.

There are 600 million guns and over 17 million people now carry guns for self defense....

Americans use those guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop criminal attack.

Criminals, murdering other criminals killed 11,004 people in 2016....can you tell which number is bigger.....?

The problem is that democrats keep letting repeat gun offenders out of jail....and those repeat gun offenders who can't buy, own or carry guns go on to murder other criminals and some innocent people....

It isn't American gun culture....it is American, democrat crime policies......

Your numbers are wildly inflated. Perhaps a link?

Sure....the 1,500,000 incidents of gun self defense by Americans each year comes from the bill clinton Department of Justice......they hired 2 rabidly anti gun researchers in order to help push their gun control study, they also wanted to defeat the study that had been released by Dr. Gary Kleck...so they developed their own study, put it into action....and came up with that number.....and that is only one out of all of these....

So the numbers show that Americans use their guns to stop crime more than criminals released from prison by democrats commit crime...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

So the millions of rifles that are already out there just what happens to them exactly?

Buy back. As an example, there are just under 2 million ARs. Pay above retail for turn in. Let's say $2k. That would be the best $4b ever spent. Do the same w/handguns. Even illegal ones. Maybe those kids on the street would find it more lucrative to turn them in rather than use them or sell them on. It would also kill the black market trade.

If you dopes were smart, you would willingly offer some concessions to avoid overreach.

It is never smart to willingly give away rights

Moron.....all the gun owners have done is give in to concessions.......you anti gun extremists don't see concessions as end points, they are just one more item on your list on the way to confiscation........

And nothing you want actually stops criminals or mass shooters...which your leadership knows....you simply want to get to registration, so that you know who has the guns.....

The owner is responsible for it. If it's used in a crime, they've got some splainin' to do as they'd be liable for it's safety.
Don't we already have this?
:dunno:

Every time I have purchased a gun, I had to fill out a bunch of forms that are kept by big brother. Registration?

I would have lots of splainin' to do if I sold it to another and it was used in a crime, right?

Just what the fuck is it that you guys want?

I don't know. You tell me. How does any authority know who owns what and what belongs to whom?

I could buy a gun and sell it to my neighbor legally without paperwork. Am I on the hook for what he does with it?

70% of all murders occur in 5% of all the counties in the USA

so there are about 11000 murders a year and 7700 of them occur in these few counties

Get a handle on that and reduce the murder rate by up to 70% thereby lowering the numbers of murder annually to 3300

That would put our murder rate at .9 per 100000

and VOILA we have the same murder rate as the UK

We do not have a murder problem we have an urban violence problem

And don't forget...of those 11,000 gun murders, 70-80% of the victims are not innocent men, women and children. They are criminals murdered by other criminals while engaging in the criminal lifestyle and culture.....which means innocent life taken by gun criminals is even less........

And the key here...is that the democrats keep letting those shooters out of jail over and over again.....the shooters as a majority have long histories of crime and violence before they commit the gun murder....and the democrats let them out....

The owner is responsible for it. If it's used in a crime, they've got some splainin' to do as they'd be liable for it's safety.

Every time I have purchased a gun, I had to fill out a bunch of forms that are kept by big brother. Registration?

I would have lots of splainin' to do if I sold it to another and it was used in a crime, right?

I don't know. You tell me. How does any authority know who owns what and what belongs to whom?

\They don't need to.......cops don't use registration to find shooters.....they look for motive and known associates...since criminals take the gun with them or toss it in a lake....

You, and the rest of the radical grabbers, have yet to correlate gun ownership to and out of control mass shooting spree.

There are 600 million guns and over 17 million people now carry guns for self defense....

Criminals, murdering other criminals killed 11,004 people in 2016....can you tell which number is bigger.....?

The problem is that democrats keep letting repeat gun offenders out of jail....and those repeat gun offenders who can't buy, own or carry guns go on to murder other criminals and some innocent people....

Asks for proof he will only deny. Classic. You will accept no proof, and you make up crap as you go. An assault weapon is stupid dimtard made up word used to scare soft headed media fed types.

The numbers are wrong. There aren't 600 million guns. I simply want clarification.
You will never accept any proof, proven time and time again.

What concessions can we make that will have any realistic effect on gun violence that we have not already made? There is not much more to restrict. Shouldn't we do things that DO NOT erode rights FIRST...before we start the anti-freedom shit?

How about we have no more gun-free zones. Those are useless and obviously do nothing but put law-abiding citizens in harm's way with no means to defend themselves. Start there, shall we?

Every mass shooter should be confronted with return fire by would-be victims. Let's get there first, then see where we are.

Yet three of the worst in our history have happened in the past six months. They are gaining. In the decade after the assault weapons ban expired, mass shootings and the number of people killed tripled. How much worse does it have to become before it becomes significant to you?

Sure....the 1,500,000 incidents of gun self defense by Americans each year comes from the bill clinton Department of Justice......they hired 2 rabidly anti gun researchers in order to help push their gun control study, they also wanted to defeat the study that had been released by Dr. Gary Kleck...so they developed their own study, put it into action....and came up with that number.....and that is only one out of all of these....

So the numbers show that Americans use their guns to stop crime more than criminals released from prison by democrats commit crime...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Thank you.

600 million guns?

\They don't need to.......cops don't use registration to find shooters.....they look for motive and known associates...since criminals take the gun with them or toss it in a lake....

To find the owner and determine how it came to be in possession of the shooter. If the owner was negligent, then they should be criminally liable. If they illegally transferred possession of the gun, then they are also criminally liable. This is why we need registration and universal background checks. There should be no gun in circulation that is not tied to an owner. Otherwise who is responsible?

Mass murders (a sketchy term) is the tiniest of a fraction of a percent of the deaths caused by guns in general.

bullshit

.003143% of the population are murdered annually and since some people kill more than one person the number of actual murderers is even less than that

Sorry but that ain't much of an effect by the so called gun culture

The mass attacks happen because of the guns. I doubt any of them would have been attempted without access to them. Paddock was only able to pull off what he did in Vegas because it was all accessible.

I, like most people, are not willing to sacrifice our safety and peace of mind for your and others childish obsession with these guns.
well you live in a republic and you don't get to make that ask. I have rights as well and your rights don't supersede mine. But nice try. we're smarter than you think.

To find the owner and determine how it came to be in possession of the shooter. If the owner was negligent, then they should be criminally liable. If they illegally transferred possession of the gun, then they are also criminally liable. This is why we need registration and universal background checks. There should be no gun in circulation that is not tied to an owner. Otherwise who is responsible?
you're correct. The prosecution should have had an explanation on the gun from a previous owner. BTW, you don't need registration for this. When the gun is sold it is logged. A database will say who purchased it. It's why they have serial numbers.

Moron.....all the gun owners have done is give in to concessions.......you anti gun extremists don't see concessions as end points, they are just one more item on your list on the way to confiscation........

And nothing you want actually stops criminals or mass shooters...which your leadership knows....you simply want to get to registration, so that you know who has the guns.....

I want registration to track the movement of guns and to hold the owner responsible for it's safety. If a gun turns up at a crime scene in CA and is registered in MN, then the owner has some questions to answer. If people were held to account for the safety of their guns, and background checks as well as a transfer of registration were required, there really couldn't be a black market without someone being accountable.

I want registration to track the movement of guns and to hold the owner responsible for it's safety. If a gun turns up at a crime scene in CA and is registered in MN, then the owner has some questions to answer. If people were held to account for the safety of their guns, and background checks as well as a transfer of registration were required, there really couldn't be a black market without someone being accountable.
Oh, there definitely could be a huge black market. You assume that the manufacture of guns (both foreign and domestic) can and will be fully controlled. It cannot, just like illegal drug manufacturing cannot be controlled.

Yeah the government never misuses information

There is no need to force people to register firearms other than to take them away at a later date

registration is stupid. you can't control that. go away, you want it so government knows what the population has. It ain't their business. That is anti 2nd amendment. Next you'll want GPS on the guns. LOL

Forum List

Back