How Far Back In American History Are Blacks Allowed To Go Back?

What a sniveling baby you are.
So what year sir? Do you have your answer?

I think you should find a nice white family to adopt you and take you in for a pet. Then when you come up with these silly-ass racist notions someone will slap you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Hey, there's a plan. And they could say "Git, Git, you don't belong here!" too.

As far back as gays and women and every other oppressed or wronged minority has been allowed to go who have AT LEAST as much if not more to complain about. Blacks won't find true liberation and equality by continually looking into the past, they will only find it by coming into the present and looking forward as a viable and valuable part of society rather than persisting in staying isolated, apart and playing the eternal victim.
What year sir?

I'm waiting.

Past their their slavemaster ancestors to the beginning, next! Blacks have been in America since the beginning, so I'd say around there. :) Unless they want to trace it back to Africa.

Nothing wrong with talking about history. Its when you use events from long ago as justification for your victim mentality, well, that is different.

Why go back? You never really left. Democrats brought you over as slaves and they still own you and you seem happy with that arrangement.

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you have the exact time as well, that would be a bonus.
I don't care how far back you go. You can go back to Adam and Eve, for all I care.

The problem is when you use some long gone past, to justify or excuse your pathetic behavior today.

And that isn't a problem for us. You are not causing us any problems at all. I'm still going to be just fine, whether you choose to stay in mental slave chains of the past, or not.

The only one you are hurting, by keeping your mind enslaved to a long closed cotton plantation, is you. And equally the by letting go of the past, and all these invisible injustices, the only one you are helping is you. You letting go of the past, is not going to make my life any better or worse.

The person who will be helped, is you.

My ancestors were called Krauts. They escape persecution in Germany, only to face discrimination in the US, and hard ship.

The reason we're not like you, is not because of the magic of skin color. It's because we let go of the past.

As far back as gays and women and every other oppressed or wronged minority has been allowed to go who have AT LEAST as much if not more to complain about. Blacks won't find true liberation and equality by continually looking into the past, they will only find it by coming into the present and looking forward as a viable and valuable part of society rather than persisting in staying isolated, apart and playing the eternal victim.
This is simply not true.

White women, as well as their whiteness, had their white men to attach themselves to and they were protected by them.

White gays had their whiteness that protected them.

Please expound on the history of these two groups that matches that of blacks in the least.

I'm a woman and I bitch quite a bit about women's issues, but I don't feel as though I've got anywhere NEAR as much to complain about as the African Americans in this country.
Which initiatives or policy changes do you think would be the most needed/impactful?
Dunno. I'd ask Marc.

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you want to get technical, the argument can be made that the date you are looking for has yet to come. Grow the fuck up.

I don't care how far back you go. You can go back to Adam and Eve, for all I care.

The problem is when you use some long gone past, to justify or excuse your pathetic behavior today.

And that isn't a problem for us. You are not causing us any problems at all. I'm still going to be just fine, whether you choose to stay in mental slave chains of the past, or not.

The only one you are hurting, by keeping your mind enslaved to a long closed cotton plantation, is you. And equally the by letting go of the past, and all these invisible injustices, the only one you are helping is you. You letting go of the past, is not going to make my life any better or worse.

My ancestors were called Krauts. They escape persecution in Germany, only to face discrimination in the US, and hard ship.

The reason we're not like you, is not because of the magic of skin color. It's because we let go of the past.
It is precisely because of your color that you Krauts were able to gain whatever you gained.

Did the American government ever consider you 3/5ths of a human?

Did the American government ever created policies to keep you oppressed?

I mean, you people are not even honest of the actual history.

This is madness...!!!

31c.png

My ancestors were slavs, never occurred to me to whine about reparations from Italy.

This is simply not true.

White women, as well as their whiteness, had their white men to attach themselves to and they were protected by them.

Please expound on the history of these two groups that matches that of blacks in the least.
How do you think we rectify this?

Why go back? You never really left. Democrats brought you over as slaves and they still own you and you seem happy with that arrangement.

:lmao:

"Democrats" did not exist in the sixteenth century, Rip Van Fucking Winkle. Nor in the seventeenth, nor in the eighteenth when we became a country.

And yet --- slavery did. Throughout.

Linear time strikes again. It's like, I dunno, you can't get away from it or some shit.

I'm a woman and I bitch quite a bit about women's issues, but I don't feel as though I've got anywhere NEAR as much to complain about as the African Americans in this country.
Which initiatives or policy changes do you think would be the most needed/impactful?
Dunno. I'd ask Marc.
You usually bring good insight to discussions on this board. I respect your opinion. Acknowledging the past and recognizing hardships, injustice and inequailties is good and important but it can also be divisive and damaging if it isn’t coupled with a proactive approach or plan to move forward with

It is precisely because of your color that you Krauts were able to gain whatever you gained.

This is madness...!!!

31c.png

During the time you're referring to, when you were only 3/5 of a person, you were little more than pack animals and laborers. And a couple months before that you were hunter-gatherers. White people call that our Prehistoric period.

This is simply not true.

Too many black women, because of their blackness, have nobody at all to attach themselves to because far too many of you black boys refuse to become men by taking responsibility for the children they produce.

That isn't the fault of the imaginary white devils you hate so much. It is your own. You are a boy, Marc, and that isn't because you are black because there are certainly black men living productive lives in this country. You remain a boy because you spend all your time sniveling about imaginary things instead of taking responsibility for your own life.

You can become a man if you want. You have chosen to be a boy, instead. The day you start accepting some responsibility in life is the day you take a step towards manhood.

This is madness...!!!

31c.png

Nah, you are full of it. But that's fine with me. Keep your mind enslaved by the chains of the past. Knock yourself out.

Again, nothing you do is going to stop me from having a good life. Only you.

No, and nor has kept you oppressed either.

Allowing people to determine what is, or what is not a person, is exactly the rational used to create the 3/5th compromise.

Now between the two of us, which of us still believes we have a right to determine what is, or is not, a person?

Let me give you a hint: Murdering babies is wrong.

I'm completely honest about history. I'm just not still living in that history.

This is madness...!!!

31c.png

During the time you're referring to, when you were only 3/5 of a person, you were little more than pack animals and laborers. And a couple months before that you were hunter-gatherers. White people call that our Prehistoric period.

So what? Let's say you are right. What does that matter? A person is a person, whether they labor, or hunt, or what. Don't justify your ignorant views, with some idiot logic.

You are just making yourself no better than he is.

Forum List

Back