How Far Back In American History Are Blacks Allowed To Go Back?

I don't understand why y'all are so down on Marc. He's smart, he's usually civil, and he's got a point, if anyone actually wanted to address it.
*Hugs to OldLady *

Care to take a wild guess though?

#LOLGOP

Nothing wrong with talking about history. Its when you use events from long ago as justification for your victim mentality, well, that is different.

The OP is disingenuous. What MarcATL is really saying is white people don’t get to tell us black folk we can’t whine all day long about about the past. In a way he’s right. Anyone can whine about whatever they want, but I don’t have to pay it deference. I’ve never done anything wrong to a black person, so I don’t need to be lectured. Furthermore it’s the people that whine all day that are mostly doing a disservice to themselves
I actually kind of agree with your underlying point, but I don’t understand why you need to characterize people and their families who legitimately are victims of generational oppression as whiners. There is no doubt that there are still some very ugly forces out there acting against them so why are you not choosing to stand up and defend them, acknowledge their struggles and grievances, allow them to feel heard?

These are your countrymen and you don’t seem to be a racist so why not stand with them?

When you take the opposite position and dismiss/insult them you only pour fuel on the fire.

Well as far as generational oppression is concerned, what has actually occurred in this country is generational ADVANTAGE.

We are now into our third generation of affirmative action, which gives any black person the opportunity to get ahead by giving them first dibs on jobs and schooling.

Maybe if more in the black community took advantage of these opportunities through hard work and study (you know, like Asians, Jews and other minorities do) and less time thumbing their noses at the very notion while whining about matters that have never affected them, they might get ahead, too.

It is all the fucking ATTITUDE in the black community that is keeping them down. If a Vietnamese can come to this country with just the shirt on their back while not knowing English and end up THRIVING, why can't blacks? The opportunity is there. It is the will that is lacking and one reason it is lacking is because of the crutch provided by the victimization industry.

Why do people continue to feed into all these dysfunctional attitudes that marc and other black racists are promoting?
What affirmative action law is active today that you think is unfair? Please be specific

What's that mean? What signaling?

I will add "virtue signaling" to that considerable list of terms you do not understand.
you-dont-have-lizajo.jpg

Wow, Oldlady, call me impressed.

First an "I know what you are, but what am I" sort of retort, but now a meme, too!

You are really on fire today, aren't you?
Quit trolling me. You have been warned.

Well as far as generational oppression is concerned, what has actually occurred in this country is generational ADVANTAGE.

We are now into our third generation of affirmative action, which gives any black person the opportunity to get ahead by giving them first dibs on jobs and schooling.

Maybe if more in the black community took advantage of these opportunities through hard work and study (you know, like Asians, Jews and other minorities do) and less time thumbing their noses at the very notion while whining about matters that have never affected them, they might get ahead, too.

It is all the fucking ATTITUDE in the black community that is keeping them down. If a Vietnamese can come to this country with just the shirt on their back while not knowing English and end up THRIVING, why can't blacks? The opportunity is there. It is the will that is lacking and one reason it is lacking is because of the crutch provided by the victimization industry.

Why do people continue to feed into all these dysfunctional attitudes that marc and other black racists are promoting?
You really need to read the book When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America, because you have absolutely no clue as to what happened in this country. You're like a walking zombie. Clueless, brainless, and dead.

Politicians like Rangel and activists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made racism into a cottage industry that enriches them and gives them power. They don't want things to change because they'd have to get a new "gig"! You're simply too myopic to see that!

How do you think we rectify this?
Whites need to actively take part in fighting AGAINST racism in all it's forms, especially structural racism.

American descendants of slaves need to be given reparations to repair the harm that has been inflicted upon them over these last 400 years or so to decrease the racial wealth gap.

If these two things happen, America will finally be great.
How do they actively fight and what are they fighting for? New policy? Harsher punishment? What specifically

Whites need to actively take part in fighting AGAINST racism in all it's forms, especially structural racism.

American descendants of slaves need to be given reparations to repair the harm that has been inflicted upon them over these last 400 years or so to decrease the racial wealth gap.

How exactly would the reparations work?

How are we going to determine who is the descendant of slaves since even genealogists have a hell of time with it. Slaves had no last names and for the most part, can't be traced.
Or should all blacks in America be given reparations? I suppose regardless of your ancestral heritage, if you're black in America, you've probably faced discrimination. Will $$ fix that or infuriate these racists even more?

Nah, you are full of it. But that's fine with me. Keep your mind enslaved by the chains of the past. Knock yourself out.

Again, nothing you do is going to stop me from having a good life. Only you.

Did the American government ever created policies to keep you oppressed?

No, and nor has kept you oppressed either.

Did the American government ever consider you 3/5ths of a human?

Allowing people to determine what is, or what is not a person, is exactly the rational used to create the 3/5th compromise.

Now between the two of us, which of us still believes we have a right to determine what is, or is not, a person?

Let me give you a hint: Murdering babies is wrong.

I mean, you people are not even honest of the actual history.

I'm completely honest about history. I'm just not still living in that history.
If you cannot even understand the fundamental concept that history is a preface and setup for what is today, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pick up a book: When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America

Do the families of men killed fighting in the Civil War to free slaves take part in those reparations? Do ALL the men fighting on the Union side qualify? Their descendants? If you're ancestors were abolitionists do you get a pass on paying for reparations? On the other side of the coin...what is your time line for which blacks qualify for your reparations? Before the Civil War? Fifty years ago? Does a black person in America NOW qualify simply because racism still exists?

How are we going to determine who is the ancestor of slaves since even genealogists have a hell of time with it. Slaves had no last names and for the most part, can't be traced.
Or should all blacks in America be given reparations? I suppose regardless of your ancestral heritage, if you're black in America, you've probably faced discrimination. Will $$ fix that or infuriate these racists even more?
Furthermore, who owes money. All whites? What about people who are mix raced? What about recent immigrants? How much money? How’s it managed. I’d love to see a proposal of how exactly this would work

How are we going to determine who is the descendant of slaves since even genealogists have a hell of time with it. Slaves had no last names and for the most part, can't be traced.
This is actually the easiest part, or one of the more easier parts.

You got to think of it the other way around.

If your family can't be traced as ever entering the country at any point in time, you're definitely ADOS.

If, however, government can prove that you and/or your ancestors entered as an immigrant, POST slavery of course, then this does not apply to you.

Nah, you are full of it. But that's fine with me. Keep your mind enslaved by the chains of the past. Knock yourself out.

Again, nothing you do is going to stop me from having a good life. Only you.

Did the American government ever created policies to keep you oppressed?

No, and nor has kept you oppressed either.

Did the American government ever consider you 3/5ths of a human?

Allowing people to determine what is, or what is not a person, is exactly the rational used to create the 3/5th compromise.

Now between the two of us, which of us still believes we have a right to determine what is, or is not, a person?

Let me give you a hint: Murdering babies is wrong.

I mean, you people are not even honest of the actual history.

I'm completely honest about history. I'm just not still living in that history.
If you cannot even understand the fundamental concept that history is a preface and setup for what is today, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pick up a book: When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America
How about this? You can go back in history until when blacks were intelligent, happy and prosperous people. World history.

If you're going to give reparations to blacks then I assume you will also be giving them to American Indians? To the Japanese interred during WWII? To Chinese that were mistreated during the building of the West? To the Irish that were treated as second class citizens? You tell me, Marc...where does it end?

Get a job and a haircut you worthless fuck.

Furthermore, who owes money. All whites? What about people who are mix raced? What about recent immigrants? How much money? How’s it managed. I’d love to see a proposal of how exactly this would work
Individuals aren't being punished.

That's where you're going wrong.

The GOVERNMENT is rectifying a past sin and making good on an owed promise.

How come rightwing types are always saying that government is not people, until it comes time to give blacks stuff? Then the government suddenly becomes all people.

Ever stopped to think about that?

Do the families of men killed fighting in the Civil War to free slaves take part in those reparations? Do ALL the men fighting on the Union side qualify? Their descendants? If you're ancestors were abolitionists do you get a pass on paying for reparations? On the other side of the coin...what is your time line for which blacks qualify for your reparations? Before the Civil War? Fifty years ago? Does a black person in America NOW qualify simply because racism still exists?
Why would Civil War soliders get reparations? Their families received whachacallits--pensions? You know what I mean. My family lost a young soldier and they received $$.

How far back do I get to go? Should I insist that my Norwegian DNA pay reparations to my English DNA?

Last edited:
This is actually the easiest part, or one of the more easier parts.

You got to think of it the other way around.

If your family can't be traced as ever entering the country at any point in time, you're definitely ADOS.

If, however, government can prove that you and/or your ancestors entered as an immigrant, POST slavery of course, then this does not apply to you.

So if a black family migrated here after the Civil War and suffered through decades of racism...they aren't entitled to reparations, Marc? Why is that pray tell?

Forum List

Back