How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

Sounds like they need 100 more. The only man-made means I know to end draughts, is filling up the aquafiers and irrigation flooding. Fresh water is getting scarce and we sit doing nothing about it. The biggest use and disappearance of our water is what leaves the US as vegetable & fruit products. We are literary comitting suicide by exports.

Last edited:
If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

Wow, I knew you guys were desperate but this is a new low. Texas is one of the few places in the country where the economy is doing OK. People are moving there in droves DESPITE the weather because there are jobs there.

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

Wow, I knew you guys were desperate but this is a new low. Texas is one of the few places in the country where the economy is doing OK. People are moving there in droves DESPITE the weather because there are jobs there.
Yep, here in non-business friendly Cali, thanks to the liberal politicians and strangling policies, businesses are abandoning this state in droves. Many have ended up in Texas, and other business friendly southwestern states.

Anybody need a prime example of how liberal policies destroy economies, just look at what they've done to this state.

Last edited:

August 25, 2011

Don't let the truth scare you. I think that is all well and good. But people are going to need water, and Perrys prayers are not going to give it to them. And I don't want a President praying for an invisible god to do things while Americans are dying, or missiles are coming in, etc. I don't believe in his god because he doesn't exist.

Last edited:

August 25, 2011

Yep, here in non-business friendly Cali, thanks to the liberal politicians and starngling policies, businesses are abandoning this state in droves. Many have ended up in Texas, and other business friendly southwestern states.

Anybody need a prime example of how liberal policies destroy economies, just look at what they've done to this state.

Imagine that, and with a republican governor they did these liberal acts that destroyed the economy. LMAO!!!:lol:

Yep, here in non-business friendly Cali, thanks to the liberal politicians and starngling policies, businesses are abandoning this state in droves. Many have ended up in Texas, and other business friendly southwestern states.

Imagine that, and with a republican governor they did these liberal acts that destroyed the economy. LMAO!!!:lol:
Arnold is a wolf in sheeps clothing.......A liberal to the fucking core......And that's a fact.

August 25, 2011

The oil business is the only one booming; the retail gasoline market is based in Texas. Perry isn't responsible for the drought (the point of the post was that his prayer offensive was lame); nor is he by and large responsible for any jobs being created; the fortunes of the market did that.

So there you have it, it is better to let the water use go to 1%, let the cattle die, the produce turn to dust, food prices go sky high, because............It would cost to much.:lol:

Let me guess.... You could easily come up with a way to fund it... right?

Right here: Texas Net Revenue by Source - Fiscal 2010

So, Texas has $87 billion to just throw around, right? That's all a total surplus, right? Money isn't already spent or committed, right?

You're such a fucking moron, you're starting to make Tm look relatively intelligent... and that is saying something.

Don't let the truth scare you. I think that is all well and good. But people are going to need water, and Perrys prayers are not going to give it to them. And I don't want a President praying for an invisible god to do things while Americans are dying, or missiles are coming in, etc. I don't believe in his god because he doesn't exist.

That's Ok. He believes in you.

Although WHY, I simply cannot figure out.

The oil business is the only one booming; the retail gasoline market is based in Texas. Perry isn't responsible for the drought (the point of the post was that his prayer offensive was lame); nor is he by and large responsible for any jobs being created; the fortunes of the market did that.

Yes, it was just pure luck that while the rest of the country went to Hell in a hand basket, Texas improved. Policies of the state government had nothing to do with it, right? Things just magically got better, right?

Yes, it was just pure luck that while the rest of the country went to Hell in a hand basket, Texas improved. Policies of the state government had nothing to do with it, right? Things just magically got better, right?

The policies have been there for generations...when the policies were not there, the spirit was.

You're honestly saying that Big Oil's record profits over and over and over and over had nothing to do with the better economic situation of where they call home?

Perry supporters are myopic in a way that makes the blind happy they can't see.

August 25, 2011

If the only thing that Rick Perry did was pray to God to come help it would be one thing but he's been a three term Governor of one of our largest States and under his stewardship Texas has done better than most of the other States. You can judge Perry on his leadership. You can judge Perry on results. On the other hand...three years ago people like you allowed a Junior Senator with no executive experience whatsoever to become President of the United States. You can judge how that worked out on results as well.

Texas has NOT improved under Rick Perry.

He talks about job creation, but it's a lie. The reality is that our unemployment rate is almost double what it was when he took office. See the article in my sig. Please don't fall for this guy, people. He's a crook and a liar.

Arnold is a wolf in sheeps clothing.......A liberal to the fucking core......And that's a fact.

Oh come on, you are trying to shift the blame here, an old worn out con game of throw your undesirables under the liberal bus and hope he sticks. He is a republican to the core, he is your baby, so stop the lying in the face of overwhelming evidence. I bet you even voted for him on the republican ticket.

Last edited:
How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

A lot better than Obama is working out for America.

As a resident of both America and Texas, this is completely wrong.

The damage Rick Perry has done to this state's future is appalling.

You honestly want to make the case that Barack Obama has done a better job for the future of America than Rick Perry has done for the future of Texas? Go ahead, TexArcher...I'm dying to see you pull that rabbit out of your hat.

Oh come on, you are trying to shift the blame here, and old worn out con game of throw your undesirables under the liberal bus and hope he sticks. He is a republican to the core, he is your baby, so stop the lying in the face of overwhelming evidence. I bet you even voted for him on the republican ticket.

Arnold tried to take on the public sector unions in California to start fixing their fiscal situation and got slapped down by a tidal wave of union money. Trying to blame California's problems on him is rather amusing. California voters just sent the same people back to their state house that got them into such dire straights in the first place. When the State goes belly up they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.

Sounds like they need 100 more. The only man-made means I know to end draughts, is filling up the aquafiers and irrigation flooding. Fresh water is getting scarce and we sit doing nothing about it. The biggest use and disappearance of our water is what leaves the US as vegetable & fruit products. We are literary comitting suicide by exports.

The biggest use and disappearance of our water is what leaves the US as vegetable & fruit products.

Any numbers to back up this feeling of yours?

You honestly want to make the case that Barack Obama has done a better job for the future of America than Rick Perry has done for the future of Texas? Go ahead, TexArcher...I'm dying to see you pull that rabbit out of your hat.

I'm pretty lukewarm on Obama, actually. I'd say that while he hasn't been nearly the pariah that the right makes him out to be, he also hasn't accomplished very much. And I think we need health care reform, obviously, but I don't like the way he went about it.

But as lukewarm as I am on Obama, he hasn't done nearly as much damage to the future of this country as Perry has to the future of this state. It's not even close. Perry acts as if he is somehow the cause of the strong economy here (he isn't) and Texas is some utopia where everybody has a job (bullshit, our unemployment is almost double what it was when he took office). In spite of being the wealthiest state, our education system sucks and it's gotten worse under Perry and it will get even worse in the years to come because he just slashed education funding by $4 billion. Anyone who thinks Texas is better off now than it was in December of 2010 either doesn't live here or simply believes what he wants to believe in spite of the facts.

All Perry can point to is job creation (which is a complete myth) and the "balanced budget" (which he could not have done without billions of federal stimulus dollars or without absolutely devastating our children's educational futures, but what does he care, he and his cronies can afford private schools).

Perry is a fucking snake.

Forum List

Back