🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How is this legal? Reporters invade apartment of suspects.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???

The media is desperate for an edge.

"Better to ask forgiveness than permission", that kinda thing.

Every one of those reporters need to be arrested for breaking and entering and tampering with evidence or destroying private property in behalf of the baby they had at a sitters while murdering people. Yeah, they both were assholes, but wtf is this shit going on? The landlord has to protect that stuff AFTER law enforcement is done, store it, and go with proper procedures containing it until family members can come get the personal belongings. He can't just let strangers in to rifle around personal items. The landlord should be sitting in jail too.

CNN's Anderson Cooper said that police had cleared the apartment before media were invited in by the landlord. But the landlord apparently told CBS News that he didn't allow media into the apartment and said they "rushed" in.

The network's own law enforcement analyst, Harry Houck, said he was "shaking" watching reporters go through the couple's apartment.

"I'm having chills down my spine with what I'm seeing here," he said. "This apartment clearly is full of evidence."

Another CNN law enforcement analyst, Cedric Alexander, described the scene as "really hard to watch."

A San Bernardino sheriff's deputy told Los Angeles Times reporter Joe Serna that federal authorities "told us it's still an active investigation" and said he didn't know why people were in the couple's apartment.

FBI spokeswoman Lourdes Arocho told Business Insider that "our search is over at that location" and that more questions would be answered at a forthcoming press conference.

Yes the press are assholes.

However.

It's a crime scene, and the minute your apartment becomes a crime scene because your son and daughter in law were building bombs there, entertaining Isis members there, and planning a deadly terrorist attack there, that's the minute you no longer have a *right* to the contents of your humble abode.

Mom knew that the kids were making bombs. Nobody is that stupid.

That stuff should have been boxed up and removed from the home AFTER all evidence was taken by LE. Then after some time has passed, the CONTENTS of PERSONAL ITEMS should have been released to the family of the two killers. And the apartment cordoned off appropiately.

Some folks are in for some deep shit. I hope the family sues their pants off and every reporter seen in those vids and pics are fired.

That stuff should have been boxed up and removed from the home AFTER all evidence was taken by LE. Then after some time has passed, the CONTENTS of PERSONAL ITEMS should have been released to the family of the two killers. And the apartment cordoned off appropiately.

Some folks are in for some deep shit. I hope the family sues their pants off and every reporter seen in those vids and pics are fired.
THE FAMILY WERE HOSTING TERRORISTS.

They are lucky to be alive, and they don't get to *sue* because their stuff was seized.

However.

It's a crime scene, and the minute your apartment becomes a crime scene because your son and daughter in law were building bombs there, entertaining Isis members there, and planning a deadly terrorist attack there, that's the minute you no longer have a *right* to the contents of your humble abode.

That's not the point. LE hasn't even finished with the SUV, and "cleared" the home for REPORTERS? I don't think so.

THE FAMILY WERE HOSTING TERRORISTS.

They are lucky to be alive, and they don't get to *sue* because their stuff was seized.
THE BABY IS NOT A TERRORIST. IT'S A BABY. THAT STUFF BELONGS TO THE CHILD, THAT IS NOT TAKEN AS EVIDENCE. HELLO?

Watch the vid. Look at the pics. Notice the heating grate in the wall? It has not been unscrewed. Stuff laying on the bed..the Koran, letters some reporter was reading, rifling thru drawers and boxes.....LE does NOT allow reporters into a crime scene like that. What if there were weapons or even a bomb inside that grate? THEY WERE NOT DONE IN THAT APARTMENT! Yet the landlord let them in???

News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???

It's by design... They; meaning the Left... is doing everything possible to obscure evidence tying the Left to Muslim Terrorism.

What they don't want to come to grips with, is that such is not even a debatable point.

Watch the vid. Look at the pics. Notice the heating grate in the wall? It has not been unscrewed. Stuff laying on the bed..the Koran, letters some reporter was reading, rifling thru drawers and boxes.....LE does NOT allow reporters into a crime scene like that. What if there were weapons or even a bomb inside that grate? THEY WERE NOT DONE IN THAT APARTMENT! Yet the landlord let them in???
Maybe they bribed the landlord. They should not have been allowed access, of course.

WTF???

How is this legal? Reporters invade apartment of suspects.

The perps are dead, their rights are moot.

However.

That's not the point. LE hasn't even finished with the SUV, and "cleared" the home for REPORTERS? I don't think so.
Except you keep saying the family should sue, and that's their personal stuff blah blah blah.

The fbi should PROSECUTE the reporters and possibly the landlord. But all this nonsense about how the family has a right to their stuff is nonsense.

WTF???
All part of the anti muslim propaganda.

The cops either screwed up badly or this was intentional.

However.

Except you keep saying the family should sue, and that's their personal stuff blah blah blah.

The fbi should PROSECUTE the reporters and possibly the landlord. But all this nonsense about how the family has a right to their stuff is nonsense.
Yes, the BABY'S rights were violated because the stuff her parents owned NOT affiliated with terrorism is HERS. Whomever stands in for the babies rights SHOULD sue. And I hope they do.
Other than that, I agree with you about the FBI prosecuting the reporters as well as the landlord. Even if he did not let them in as he claims, he did not take the necessary precautions to protect the belongings of someone else. Much as it sucks....landlords HAVE to do that, even to people kicked out of property due to not paying rent, etc. There are procedures that must be followed. He didn't.

Forum List

Back