How Liberals Use Science

Quoting novels and what politicians did 90 years ago to try and prove that today's liberals are what? Genocidal? Eugenicists? Heartless, ammoral, science-bots?

If you actually had any credibility, this would still be one of the worst OPs I've ever read.

And, now...as you requested, let's tie the eugenics of the Progressive era to today's Liberals.

Both racism and genocide had a comfortable home and haven in Progressivism....and still does.

9. "Every single case of inherited defect, every malformed child, every congenitally tainted human being brought into this world is of infinite importance to that poor individual; but it is of scarcely less importance to the rest of us and to all of our children who must pay in one way or another for these biological and racial mistakes."
Margaret Sanger
The Pivot of Civilization

a. "Ultimately, 60,000 Americans were coercively sterilized — legally and extra-legally. Many never discovered the truth until decades later. Those who actively supported eugenics include America's most progressive figures: Woodrow Wilson, Margaret Sanger and Oliver Wendell Holmes."
War Against The Weak - Home Page

10."Last month, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton accepted Planned Parenthood's Margaret Sanger Award, named after the founder of the American Birth Control League, which changed its name to Planned Parenthood in the 1940s.

In her remarks, Clinton singled out the namesake of the award for praise:

Now, I have to tell you that it was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision ... And when I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I am really in awe of her.

Clinton lamented that "Margaret Sanger's work here in the United States and certainly across our globe is not done."

Mrs. Sanger, of course, wasn't the benevolent advocate for human rights that Clinton's remarks make her out to be. In fact, Sanger's "vision" for birth control seems to be united to a eugenic vision. In the October 1921 issue of The Birth Control Review, Sanger wrote that "the campaign for Birth Control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical in ideal with the final aim of Eugenics."

Sanger laid out the "principles and aims" of the American Birth Control League in an appendix to her 1922 work,The Pivot of Civilization. Two and a half pages are devoted to the principles of the American Birth Control league, which begins:

Those least fit to carry on the race are increasing most rapidly. ....The burden of supporting these unwanted types has to be borne by the healthy elements of the nation. Funds that should be used to raise the standard of our civilization are diverted to the maintenance of those who should never have been born.

When asked for clarification about Clinton's admiration of Sanger's "vision" and whether the secretary wished she had mitigated her praise with a mention of the more seedy aspects of Sanger's legacy, a State Department spokesman told The Weekly Standard yesterday that Clinton's speechwriters said Clinton's words "stand on their own."

New Jersey representative Chris Smith, the co-chair of the congressional pro-life caucus, said that he doesn't think it's possible to separate Sanger's eugenicist aims from a greater vision.
"If you read the books--I've read the books--[eugenics] is absolutely the pillar of everything Sanger did," said Smith. "Look at what movement she spawned in terms of getting rid of the 'undesirables,' and that could be the disabled, African Americans, and just about every other group of people. I mean, Catholics, Italians, and Irish. I mean, that is a very pathetic and sick perspective towards the human race, and yet she's idolized by, of all people, our secretary of state." Sec. Clinton Stands By Her Praise of Eugenicist Margaret Sanger The Weekly Standard

So....it seems that Progressives still carry on the campaign to better the 'human race' by slaughter of 'undesirables.'

Wonderful.

I can remember Mittens and his wife donating to Planned Parenthood when he was gov...in Mass....

Do you recall Governor Romney saying:
"Now, I have to tell you that it was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision ... And when I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I am really in awe of her.

Clinton lamented that "Margaret Sanger's work here in the United States and certainly across our globe is not done."

Neither do I.

BTW.....have you seen Sanger's plans to reduce the black population in particular?
I have.

But Clinton admires her 'vision.'

It was nothing like giving Indians small pocks infested blankets...

Hitler’s Inspiration and Guide: The Native American Holocaust

As Pulitzer Prize-winning author, John Toland, notes in his book Adolf Hitler (pg. 202):

Hitler's concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for the Indians in the wild west; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America's extermination—by starvation and uneven combat—of the red savages who could not be tamed by captivity.

He was very interested in the way the Indian population had rapidly declined due to epidemics and starvation when the United States government forced them to live on the reservations. He thought the American government's forced migrations of the Indians over great distances to barren reservation land was a deliberate policy of extermination. Just how much Hitler took from the American example of the destruction of the Indian nations is hard to say; however, frightening parallels can be drawn. For some time Hitler considered deporting the Jews to a large 'reservation' in the Lubin area where their numbers would be reduced through starvation and disease.

Hitler 8217 s Inspiration and Guide The Native American Holocaust Sacred Intentions Jewish Journal

ROFLMNAO! Oh now isn't that precious?

So... you felt that a discussion of the Progressive internment of Injuns, was a good way to distance progressivism from Histler... a notorious progressive?
Are you looking in a mirror when reading?

Do whut?

Try again... this time see if you can join it up with a point.
A nod is a good as a wink to a blind bat....

OH! OK... Well then, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

We read constantly from the right about how many people in the US should not be allowed to have children...

LOL!

Well there ya have it then... Eugenics, a sole function of the Ideological Left, racist to the bone, is exactly the same as 'the right' stating that a single, pregnant woman with 15 kids on welfare, should be sterilized.

Clearly you've given this a LOT of thought.

(ROFL! Progressives... they're helpless.)

We read constantly from the right about how many people in the US should not be allowed to have children...

LOL!

Well there ya have it then... Eugenics, a sole function of the Ideological Left, racist to the bone, is exactly the same as 'the right' stating that a single, pregnant woman with 15 kids on welfare, should be sterilized.

Clearly you've given this a LOT of thought.

(ROFL! Progressives... they're helpless.)
Yes Progressives like Flo are funny..
th

I can remember Mittens and his wife donating to Planned Parenthood when he was gov...in Mass....

"Now, I have to tell you that it was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision ... And when I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I am really in awe of her.

Neither do I.

BTW.....have you seen Sanger's plans to reduce the black population in particular?
I have.

Sanger is forcing black people to die?

Neither do I.

I have.

Margaret Sanger was anti-abortion.

Just like you.

It's hilarious to see PC start one of her attack threads about Liberals and Science when she herself once posted a thread claiming that Science had confirmed the validity of the creation myth in Genesis.

Neither do I.

I have.

Sanger is forcing black people to die?

You didn't know?

There is sooooo much you don't know.....

....but, like Mighty Mouse...here I come to save the day!

1. In 1926, Sanger gave a speech at the KKK rally in Silver Lake, NJ. Sanger appointed her friend, Lothrop Stoddard, as a board member of the Birth Control League (the forerunner of Planned Parenthood). Stoddard, wrote “The Rising Tide of Color Against White Supremacy,” in which we find this statement: ‘Just as we isolate bacterial invasions, and starve out the bacteria, by limiting the area and amount of their food supply, so we can compel an inferior race to remain in its native habitat.’ Rosen, “Preaching Eugenics,” p. 216
    2. 2. “The Negro Project, instigated in 1939 by Margaret Sanger, was one of the first major undertakings of the new Birth Control Federation of America (BCFA)[which changed its name to the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in 1942]….Influenced strongly by both the eugenics movement and the progressive welfare programs of the New Deal era, the Negro Project was, from the start, largely indifferent to the needs of the black community and constructed in terms and with perceptions that today smack of racism. In her report, "Birth Control and the Negro," she made the point that “Negroes…still breed carelessly and disastrously," and, in a letter to Clarence Gamble in Dec. 1939, argu[ed] that: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/secure/newsletter/articles/bc_or_race_control.html http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/articles/bc_or_race_control.php

3. Some blacks saw the relationship between race and abortion, and, in 1977, sent this telegram to Congress: “As a matter of conscience I must oppose the use of federal funds for a policy of killing infants.” It was signed by Jesse Jackson, who, of course, changed his position when he sought the Democratic nomination. http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/nvp/consistent/mccarthy_jackson.html)

Seems Hillary Clinton was counting on you being an uneducated dunce....she wasn't far off, huh?

As I pointed out, Progressivism, racism, genocide......are all closely related.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to see PC start one of her attack threads about Liberals and Science when she herself once posted a thread claiming that Science had confirmed the validity of the creation myth in Genesis.

So....you're going to end the day with another lie, NYLiar?

Shocker.

Neither do I.

I have.

Just like you.

This post stands alone as the most blatant lie of the day.

Congrats, NYLiar.

Neither do I.

I have.

Just like you.

Congrats, NYLiar.

If I quote Sanger saying she's opposed to abortion will you apologize for calling me a liar?

Shocker.

So you're agreeing that the Creation myth in Genesis, in the Bible, aka the infallible word of God,

is in fact fallible?

Shocker.

So you're agreeing that the Creation myth in Genesis, in the Bible, aka the infallible word of God,

is in fact fallible?

Ever heard of the Big Bang, genius?

Explain that one.

A particle, infinitely small, infinitely dense, with infinite mass and infinite energy appears out of nowhere and CREATES --

Everything.

I'll wait for your explanation with bated breath
:dunno:

Neither do I.

I have.

Just like you.

Congrats, NYLiar.

If I quote Sanger saying she's opposed to abortion will you apologize for calling me a liar?

If I quote Obama stating that he would have the most transparent administration in history, will you change your avi to NYLiar?

Shocker.

is in fact fallible?

I'm agreeing that you are a serial liar with no ability to change.

Forum List

Back