How many african-americans were killed in WWII?

You are kidding right? Only 708?

Over 400,000 whites were killed in WWII

Over 600,000 whites were killed in the War Between the states.

Blacks were denied front line combat rolls
They were deemed by racist policies as suitable only for menial tasks

Truman changed that
And theyz complainz about dem good ol daze.
During WWII they complained about not being allowed to fight

By Vietnam, they were suffering casualties well above their percentage in service
and then they complained about being given the chance to fight !! hahahhahaha
fighting in another country when the US treated them unfairly
I know

Can you imagine fighting for freedom of others while you are not even free in your own country?
life's not fair---for anyone
.....Lebron/Oprah/Obama/etc is have it a LOT easier than I--you don't see me complaining about blacks having it better than me

Does anyone know?
By 1945, more than 1.2 million African Americans would be serving in uniform on the Home Front, in Europe, and the Pacific (including thousands of African American women in the Women’s auxiliaries). Most never saw combat. Washington thought they wouldn't or couldn't fight and not smart enough to fly planes and other such skills which changed as the war drug on. Another problem was the service was segregated which meant blacks were assigned based on race and not skills.

As the war continued some black units saw combat however not many. As a result only about 700 were killed in combat. On D-Day, the First Army on Omaha and Utah Beaches included about 1,700 African American troops. This number included a section of the 327th Quartermaster Service Company and the 320th Anti-Aircraft Barrage Balloon Battalion, which protected troops on the beach from aerial attack. Soon the all-black 761st Tank Battalion was fighting its way through France with Patton’s Third Army. They spent 183 days in combat and were credited with capturing 30 major towns in France, Belgium, and Germany.
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/sites/default/files/2017-07/african-americans.pdf

Did you serve with any?
No, I was 6 years old when the war ended.

Well, how many wars have we had since then?

The top Google result for me indicated 708 African-Americans killed during WWII.

As explained in another post, most blacks were not used in combat until near end of the war for several reasons. Blacks were assigned based on their race not their skills so all blacks ended up in segregated units. Also, there was much debate in Washington as to what to do with them. A lot of people felt they were not suited for combat, lack intelligence, slow reaction time, lazy, etc. Thus most ended up in support areas.

Not to mention they would go to sleep on guard duty.
Yeah and they ate watermelon all the time, watermelon seeds everywhere.

Does anyone know?
By 1945, more than 1.2 million African Americans would be serving in uniform on the Home Front, in Europe, and the Pacific (including thousands of African American women in the Women’s auxiliaries). Most never saw combat. Washington thought they wouldn't or couldn't fight and not smart enough to fly planes and other such skills which changed as the war drug on. Another problem was the service was segregated which meant blacks were assigned based on race and not skills.

As the war continued some black units saw combat however not many. As a result only about 700 were killed in combat. On D-Day, the First Army on Omaha and Utah Beaches included about 1,700 African American troops. This number included a section of the 327th Quartermaster Service Company and the 320th Anti-Aircraft Barrage Balloon Battalion, which protected troops on the beach from aerial attack. Soon the all-black 761st Tank Battalion was fighting its way through France with Patton’s Third Army. They spent 183 days in combat and were credited with capturing 30 major towns in France, Belgium, and Germany.
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/sites/default/files/2017-07/african-americans.pdf

Did you serve with any?

Google

Truman changed that

By Vietnam, they were suffering casualties well above their percentage in service
I know

Can you imagine fighting for freedom of others while you are not even free in your own country?
Are blacks free now?? They fight in wars now and aren’t free.. urban slave plantations

Truman changed that

I know

Yeah. That kinda stuff Is why Ali told them to fuck off and Gregg Allman was fed up with the shit his drummer wasn't allowed in restaurants they passed on the road while on tour.
Then a couple meatheads with jingle bells and commie circus suits come and haul you off for not "serving"
I gotta go grind my bone spurs. Tell me when ISIL shows up on Myrtle Beach or Humbolt. I'll be there and kill all I can.
as Mac stated: then they get pissed when they don't get honored!! hahhahah = =idiocy

Truman changed that

I know

.....Lebron/Oprah/Obama/etc is have it a LOT easier than I--you don't see me complaining about blacks having it better than I

The Negroid race...at least the ones in America have been treated far better than they deserve but they still try to bite the hand that feeds them like some wild african animal.

Unfortunately, the story of Negroes in America is far from over....they are like a curse.

Our biggest problem is not Iran,China, Russia or even the muslim fanatics.....our biggest problem is right here at home....a growing threat of a insurgency from the minorities aided and abetted by the media...not even to mention the so called democratic party...who are stirring the pot to the best of their ability...expect to see major riots in our big cities leading up to the election....as when it becomes evident the democratic candidate is going to lose...most of us know that already...but the democrats have their little illusion thing ...as in...joe biden bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The top Google result for me indicated 708 African-Americans killed during WWII.

most were not in combat MOSs!!!
why not?
lack of civil rights/segregation/etc

Actually I think it was a good decision to relegate them to driving trucks, being cooks etc. after all they were designed to be servants.

Look at the mess they created in VietNam with all their dope and insubordination...we would have done a lot better job there if da Negroes had just been kept in the rear areas like in WWII.

Ever heard any Korean combat vets talk about da negroes in Korea? they get no respect...the black units fought so poorly they had to be dis-banded...that is when they decided to integrate the service.

They figured the black soldiers would do better under white leadership and that turned out to be true in most cases.

In late September 1950, two months after the beginning of the Korean War, the commander of the 25th Infantry Division, Major General William B. Kean, requested that the Eighth Army disband the all-black 24th Infantry regiment because it had demonstrated that it was "untrustworthy and incapable of carrying out missions expected of an infantry regiment.
I guess you forgot about the Tuskegee Airmen huh?

Truman changed that

I know

Are blacks free now?? They fight in wars now and aren’t free.. urban slave plantations

I remember when they started calling up the national guard for Iraq....and that really upset a lot of blacks....I remember one saying....I did not join the National Guard to go to war. hehheh they wanted all the benefits but had forgotten the oath they took.

I know

.....Lebron/Oprah/Obama/etc is have it a LOT easier than I--you don't see me complaining about blacks having it better than I

The Negroid race...at least the ones in America have been treated far better than they deserve but they still try to bite the hand that feeds them like some wild african animal.

Unfortunately, the story of Negroes in America is far from over....they are like a curse.

Our biggest problem is not Iran,China, Russia or even the muslim fanatics.....our biggest problem is right here at home....a growing threat of a insurgency from the minorities aided and abetted by the media...not even to mention the so called democratic party...who are stirring the pot to the best of their ability...expect to see major riots in our big cities leading up to the election....as when it becomes evident the democratic candidate is going to lose...most of us know that already...but the democrats have their little illusion thing ...as in...joe biden bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
So you been feeding Blacks?

If America was racist would they have put the Harlem gospel team on the frontier line? Lol

most were not in combat MOSs!!!
why not?
lack of civil rights/segregation/etc

Actually I think it was a good decision to relegate them to driving trucks, being cooks etc. after all they were designed to be servants.

Look at the mess they created in VietNam with all their dope and insubordination...we would have done a lot better job there if da Negroes had just been kept in the rear areas like in WWII.

Ever heard any Korean combat vets talk about da negroes in Korea? they get no respect...the black units fought so poorly they had to be dis-banded...that is when they decided to integrate the service.

They figured the black soldiers would do better under white leadership and that turned out to be true in most cases.

In late September 1950, two months after the beginning of the Korean War, the commander of the 25th Infantry Division, Major General William B. Kean, requested that the Eighth Army disband the all-black 24th Infantry regiment because it had demonstrated that it was "untrustworthy and incapable of carrying out missions expected of an infantry regiment.
I guess you forgot about the Tuskegee Airmen huh?

I know all about the Tuskegee Airmen...what I really liked about them as in they were known to machine gun German pilots who had bailed out....as they were floating ever so peacefully and gently to earth the Tuskeegee guys would machine gun them. The rational thing to do...why let them live and fly again to try and shoot down an Ameican.

But as is quite evident from your photos the tuskegee guys were mixed blood...no pure blooded sub saharans in that group. I do admire them.....seriously.

As explained in another post, most blacks were not used in combat until near end of the war for several reasons. Blacks were assigned based on their race not their skills so all blacks ended up in segregated units. This caused major problems. Also, there was much debate in Washington as to what to do with them. A lot of people felt they were not suited for combat, lack intelligence, slow reaction time, lazy, etc. Thus most blacks ended up in support areas.
Only about 800 Japanese Americans were killed in WWII

But they were given tough combat positions

Truman changed that

I know

WTF are you babbling about?

I know

So you been feeding Blacks?

along with the rest of the white working class.

Does anyone know?

Did you serve with any?

Google

I know how many....my point being have you ever served with a Negro....till then I think you should defer to those with experience.

Truman changed that

I know

.....Lebron/Oprah/Obama/etc is have it a LOT easier than I--you don't see me complaining about blacks having it better than me

My view on the Africans is that first of all they

should fall down on their knees and thank the Lord that they were brought to America.

If they had not been brought to America they would like their cousins that were left behind in Africa --suffered a short life span...a very short life span due to disease, starvation and tribal warfare.

The second thing is that they need to learn the truth about slavery...how the great majority of them were well treated....if anyone doubts that read the slave narratives...a federal project that hired writers during the depression to go down south and interview former slaves....at that time ...many of them were still alive.

Slaves Who Liked Slavery

Born in Slavery: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project - Collection Connections | Teacher Resources - Library of Congress

Last edited:

Truman changed that
Interesting-from New York leading family to Missouri haberdasher. Destiny seems to choose the right man at the right time.

Truman drank too much whiskey....he only did one thing right.....allowed big boy to be dropped on nagasaki and hiroshima.

He was deathly afraid of Russia....hence the mess he left us with in Korea....would not allow MacArthur to even bomb china though they sent thousands and thousands of troops to attack Ameica soldiers....anyone dat mentions harry truman in my presence gets smacked down quick boyo. hehheh
GI Bill-got my father into college. Marshall Plan.

Forum List

Back