How many democrats are registered gun owners?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
how many registered gun owners are democrats and does this cause a problem for anti-gun democrats? There are many democrats who look at guns as a disease and won't touch them. I'm curious. How do you resolve this conflict within the democratic party?

how many registered gun owners are democrats and does this cause a problem for anti-gun democrats? There are many democrats who look at guns as a disease and won't touch them. I'm curious. How do you resolve this conflict within the democratic party?
We have to register to own guns now? When did that start?

Unless you mean Form 4473. That's almost not a registration. But it's still unconstitutional: Guess what happens if you want to buy a gun but don't want to fill out that form.

There are many democrats who look at guns as a disease and won't touch them. I'm curious. How do you resolve this conflict within the democratic party?
Most of those look at gun in other people's hands as a disease. They're perfectly OK with owning a gun themselves.

Only seriously regressive States require gun registration, the vast majority of guns in America aren't registered.

• Banned

Unless you mean Form 4473. That's almost not a registration. But it's still unconstitutional: Guess what happens if you want to buy a gun but don't want to fill out that form.

There are many democrats who look at guns as a disease and won't touch them. I'm curious. How do you resolve this conflict within the democratic party?
Most of those look at gun in other people's hands as a disease. They're perfectly OK with owning a gun themselves.

Like the government doens't keep tabs on who buys what. Just cross reference the serial numbers whenever someone buys a gun. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true.

Where do you get these insane ideas?

Only seriously regressive States require gun registration, the vast majority of guns in America aren't registered.

Yes, for God's sake don't make it easier for law enforcement to trace the origin of a gun used in a murder.

Like the government doens't keep tabs on who buys what. Just cross reference the serial numbers whenever someone buys a gun. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true.
I am not a committed Democrat, but usually vote Dem, pro-union and for assault weapon ban and large capacity clips ban. I also own a gun and have no problem whatsoever with gun ownership. However I am for gun registration and background checks even for sales within families, just in case Uncle Al sees boogie men under his bed or thinks the paper carrier is out to get him. When I purchased my gun I had to send a copy of the receipt with make, model and serial to the local County Sheriff's office. I guess that's a form of registration.

• Banned

I am not a committed Democrat, but usually vote Dem, pro-union and for assault weapon ban and large capacity clips ban. I also own a gun and have no problem whatsoever with gun ownership. However I am for gun registration and background checks even for sales within families, just in case Uncle Al sees boogie men under his bed or thinks the paper carrier is out to get him. When I purchased my gun I had to send a copy of the receipt with make, model and serial to the local County Sheriff's office. I guess that's a form of registration.

Does this mean you will be voting for the democrat who says they oppose gun registration? We think they are lying and I think you know they are lying just so they can dupe a lot of gun owners to vote democrat.

Yes, for God's sake don't make it easier for law enforcement to trace the origin of a gun used in a murder.

I'm sorry you have no respect for the 4th Amendment, the government has no business knowing what you have, what you read, what you do or anything else. If they want to know what I have, let them go before a judge and prove probable cause to know.

I'm sorry you have no respect for the 4th Amendment, the government has no business knowing what you have, what you read, what you do or anything else. If they want to know what I have, let them go before a judge and prove probable cause to know.
1950 is calling, they want your mentality back.

The rest of us have phones with GPS, that a drone can use to blow us straight to hell, if they want to.

You have to understand that Democrats don't have any objection to guns--they have objections to people using guns for self-defense.

Political parties depend on expanding their bases. One of the largest bases for the Democrats are victims. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.

By disarming Americans, we all become victims to the criminal. And how does one fight BIG CRIME? The same way Democrats fight big anything: more government.

Hillary wins the election and puts in a liberal justice, and the SC hears some case that involves a gun. The majority rules that guns are no longer a constitutional right. That creates the ability of states to outlaw guns since it's no longer a constitutional right.

Of course, anybody with common sense realizes that criminals will not give up their guns or their pursuit of getting them. Then we have an armed criminal element and a disarmed society.

The rest of us have phones with GPS, that a drone can use to blow us straight to hell, if they want to.

Well I don't worry about folks like you that have their mentality on loan from the Stalin and Moa memorial library.

Well I don't worry about folks like you that have their mentality on loan from the Stalin and Moa memorial library.
Mao for God's sake. Learn how to spell his fucking name you dumbass.

And if you think they don't already know everything about you that maters, you're even more of a fucking moron...

I believe 'liberals' are beginning to peep their heads out and say what they really mean. I believe the third and fourth amendments limits the government from knowing to much about you for no reason. It is a right to be secure in our effects which means that we have the freedom for our private matters to remain private from the government.

I believe 'liberals' are beginning to peep their heads out and say what they really mean. I believe the third and fourth amendments limits the government from knowing to much about you for no reason. It is a right to be secure in our effects which means that we have the freedom for our private matters to remain private from the government.
That died, long ago...

Super, are you trying to tell us that it is the 'liberals' that supported the Patriot Act that struck 4A? Am I reading your post right? That 'liberals' are beginning to wake up and see the disastrous effects of warrantless wiretaps and the subsequent NSA abuses?

You have to understand that Democrats don't have any objection to guns--they have objections to people using guns for self-defense.

Political parties depend on expanding their bases. One of the largest bases for the Democrats are victims. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.

By disarming Americans, we all become victims to the criminal. And how does one fight BIG CRIME? The same way Democrats fight big anything: more government.

Hillary wins the election and puts in a liberal justice, and the SC hears some case that involves a gun. The majority rules that guns are no longer a constitutional right. That creates the ability of states to outlaw guns since it's no longer a constitutional right.

Of course, anybody with common sense realizes that criminals will not give up their guns or their pursuit of getting them. Then we have an armed criminal element and a disarmed society.

You are incredible.

You are incredible.

Why thank you! :happy-1::happy-1:

I don't own a gun but I've done the gun training course . I think you'll find many dems are fine wh responsible gun ownership . Same wh repubs .

Quite a few are (I am) and no it doesn't cause a problem because even gun owners agree, as a majority, in expanded background checks...

Forum List

Back