How Many Lives Would Have Been Saved Had we Tortured the Captured Paris Terrorist?

Would torture have saved any lives in Brussells today?

• No

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • I dunno

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
I tend to agree. One thing for sure, we would have a LOT more info than we do.

Don't know. Don't have enough info.

But, in the classic Dirty Harry Scenario....I'm down with Clint Eastwood every time.

"How Many Lives Would Have Been Saved Had we Tortured the Captured Paris Terrorist?"

How many rightwing threads are going to fail because they’re loaded questions fallacies – this thread being one of many examples.

"How Many Lives Would Have Been Saved Had we Tortured the Captured Paris Terrorist?"

How many rightwing threads are going to fail because they’re loaded questions fallacies – this thread being one of many examples.

What does that have to do with it? :rolleyes:

Zero.
Torture, aside from any ethical considerations, does not work. And we've known that for literally centuries.

Clinton says torture doesnt work; nonsense, of course it works.

But I also think we could have gotten the information out of the captured terrorist and saved a lot of lives today.

What say the rest of you?
Clinton is correct.

There is no evidence torture will garner the desired results, or that any information obtained by torture is accurate or useful.

Torture is illegal.

When we torture, the terrorists win.

We as a people are better than that.

But I also think we could have gotten the information out of the captured terrorist and saved a lot of lives today.

Brussels knew a attack was coming and not if, so no one was safe, so you are wrong.

Torture the fool until you are blue ball in the face but the reality is the attack was going to happen, so tell me how was it going to be stopped and do the math between his arrest and the attack, and I can be tortured standing on my head for that fucking period!

Clinton is correct.

There is no evidence torture will garner the desired results, or that any information obtained by torture is accurate or useful.

Torture is illegal.

When we torture, the terrorists win.

We as a people are better than that.

Clinton is never right. She is left aLLLLLLLLLLL the way.

i would love to the one to introduce the "torture", one of my favorites is green bamboo splinters driven deep under the fingernails. :lmao:

I've been on both ends of waterboarding in training. Don't let anyone tell you that it doesn't work. Just go to Ft Bragg and go to Smoke Bomb Hill and ask SF to let you witness a water boarding. It will convince even Ol' Cankles.

Even if torture works many of these attackers likely have never heard about the next plot. There are thousands of ISIS supporters around the globe with no connection to each other other than devotion to the same cause.

There are thousands of ISIS supporters around the globe with no connection to each other other than devotion to the same cause.

Which is to chop off all our heads. Enough for me.

Forum List

Back