How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

I believe there needs to be a distinction between WEALTHY CAREER POLITICIANS (who have contributed little to society but have taken much) vs Wealth EARNED through hard work or ingenuity.

In a nutshell........I'm ok taxing wealthy politicians at 80% - 90% because they are pilfering their wealth through their positions.
If you are into politics and don't want to be taxed that high, stay out of politics or don't milk the system to get rich.

However, others should be taxed at the fair rate like everyone else.

Exactly how did they allow the super rich to prosper?

By creating the environment that allowed them to grow so well. Do you think Bill Gates would be where he is today if he had been born in some isolated African tribe where he didn't have the opportunity to learn how to read?
All government does is loot, steal and destroy. Furthermore, the cost of enforcing the law and providing a national defence is about 5% of our current budget. Why should government be entitled to anymore than that?

The correct spelling is "defense". Plus you are wrong. It is closer to about 40%,

You are naive. Furthermore, I don't want the government "accomplishing more." I want it to do far far less. You will never get transparency and better safeguards against corruption. That's like asking the fox to guard the hen house?

I believe in people. I think we can and will make the government better.

It can't do the job you claim it should do. Government is thoroughly corrupt, and it always will be.

I think we can make it better so it's capable of accomplishing more. We need more transparency and better safeguards against corruption.
But government is adverse to that. Governments and politicians are corrupt and always have been.

Drop sports, music and gym and encourage the kids who are interested to find a weekend program for such.
The school day should be longer than 3-4 hours...3-4 hours is a joke!
How can a kid learn discipline or be prepared for the real world when they have so much time to be independent?

How about smaller classrooms and better supplies?

How about them? Do you really believe that's the only issue in every single school in the United States? Have you actually spent any time in public schools since you graduated high school yourself?

But government is adverse to that. Governments and politicians are corrupt and always have been.

We vote for these people out of our own population. If they suck then let's figure out how to do better.

You are naive. Furthermore, I don't want the government "accomplishing more." I want it to do far far less. You will never get transparency and better safeguards against corruption. That's like asking the fox to guard the hen house?

ROFL! I have no trust in people, especially Democrats.

That's because you are stupid.

Your hostility makes you look ignorant.

You never heard of the terms, " "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" which was popularized by Karl Marx?

I taught government and economics classes for 21 years as a public school teacher. You are definitely ignorant!

Based on the election fraud, I found it incredible that you would even think that.

Less is more.

The government is very inefficient due to no competitive pressures.

How much should taxes be cut?

Well, how much is the government spending that is wasteful and inappropriate?
The FBI came to Nassau County to investigate dozens of politicians pocketing taxes.
Most politicians are lawyers and know how to hide what they steal.
It takes 10 years to collect enough evidence to send someone to prison.

I'm not even talking about criminal activities, though. I'm talking about technically legal pork barrel spending, bureaucratic budget inflation, and entire sections of governments which really have no legitimate reason for existing.
Everything a politician does is technically legal; the bastards pilfer from every project they sign into law.

No, obviously everything a politician does is NOT technically legal, or the FBI wouldn't have been investigating it.
That's a tough one.
The paperwork is almost always legal; what they do with the money they are given is another story.

Yeah, well, money laundering gives you the legal paperwork; that's the whole point of it. Still doesn't make the activity actually legal.

All rich people did not acquire their money by inheriting it. They acquired it by inventing, creating, and supplying things that other people WANTED. Where would we be as a society without the things they have given our society.

The same people who complain about the rich are the first ones in line to buy their latest inventions/creations. Hilarious.

There are SOME people who get wealthy by virtue of creativeness, invention, hard work, etc., but very FEW.
Once you have money, it is easy to just loan it out and make big bucks.
For example, if you simply have a good enough credit rating, you do not have to put money down to buy rental properties, and then the tenants actually make the payments, and buy the house for you as the landlord.
Most of the wealthy product nothing and pay almost nothing in taxex.
They can pay themselves in stock options, so they only pay the minimal capital gains tax rate.

How about them? Do you really believe that's the only issue in every single school in the United States?

No, but I think it's one issue. The more you split up an educator's attention the less useful it will be to individual students.
Have you actually spent any time in public schools since you graduated high school yourself?

I was taught k-12 by private tutors. I didn't go to public school.

I believe in people. That's why I think we can and should make the government better by making it a whole lot smaller and less invasive.

All rich people did not acquire their money by inheriting it. They acquired it by inventing, creating, and supplying things that other people WANTED. Where would we be as a society without the things they have given our society.

The same people who complain about the rich are the first ones in line to buy their latest inventions/creations. Hilarious.

There are SOME people who get wealthy by virtue of creativeness, invention, hard work, etc., but very FEW.
For example, if you simply have a good enough credit rating, you do not have to put money down to buy rental properties, and then the tenants actually make the payments, and buy the house for you as the landlord.
They can pay themselves in stock options, so they only pay the minimal capital gains tax rate.

They can also buy $20,000 refrigerators and fill them with $20,000 worth of gourmet ice creams........then laugh at you because you can't.
(And then go to beauty salons after telling you that you cannot)
Elitism.

Utter horseshit. Just ask a few landlords how easy it is to make money from rental property.

You never heard of the terms, " "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" which was popularized by Karl Marx?

I taught government and economics classes for 21 years as a public school teacher. You are definitely ignorant!

I was just being obtuse. I know that slogan but honestly I'm not interested in Marx.

Utter horseshit. Just ask a few landlords how easy it is to make money from rental property.
Why it's cheaper to buy on a 30-year mortgage or whatever the bank offers than it is to rent. People who are responsible for their own property keep it up and make it last longer.

Forum List

Back