how much warming from adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere is what we

I know that this thread is about AGW. But AGW is merely one aspect of a much bigger problem.

Rush Limbaugh has reportedly made over a billion dollars in his career. Is there really anybody out there who think that is based on his contribution to society? No. It's based on his ability to recruit into the cult. Just like the good Rev Jones of Jonestown fame. His secret? He tells those who know little that they are smart. Of course that doesn't make them smarter, it makes him richer. People who need votes to get into power love what he delivers to them, and pay him very well. At the expense of the USA.

If he was just an overpaid entertainer that would be one thing, but he's a threat to our future. What he promises in exchange for minds is at the expense of our democracy. He's selling our future.

He, and they, must be stopped. Here and now.

Yes, according to you and your ilk it is people. There are too many people on this planet so you want to kill them. Sounds pretty NAZI like to me. HELLO NAZI!

Clearly, slack man still has nothing to say but not the sense to say nothing.

Pathetic.

Coming from the forum rambling tweaker whose own last post was as uninformed as it gets, It means nothing..

Dude you are in love with your own text.. it doesn't matter to you if it is incoherent babble, it came from you so in your mind it's golden..The mind of a tweaker.. How much time do you spend daily telling yourself how brilliant you are? I bet it's 1 of every 2 hours..

You claimed CO2 remains CO2 and even called it a CO2 cycle, yet everyone knew it was nonsense and it is a carbon cycle yet you don't let that get you down, you keep right on talking and try to pretend it was different anyway. LOL, now you try and claim you said carbon cycle all along.. Doesn't matter that we can all read your posts and see you for the liar you are, you can't be bothered by such inconsequential nonsense. You have a forum to convert...

ROFL, an idiot with meth induced delusions of brilliance..:lol:

I am addicted to truth. You are addicted to your ego. Valueless to me.

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the keester junior!:lol::lol:

Skeptics are not objective. They are closed minded. Why would anyone pay them any attention? People who have a legitimate question raise it. With no bias as to it's answer. The answer will support, or deny, but will move mankind closer to the truth. That's science. Skepticism is faith. Of no use in finding truth.

I can assure you that I am, at the very least, as objective as you.

Skepticism is the polar opposite of objectivism.

And you are an ignorant fool.....

Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue. — Robert King Merton

The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols, is the pathway to a dark age. — Carl Sagan

There are science teachers who actually claim that they teach “a healthy skepticism.” They do not. They teach a profound gullibility, and their dupes, trained not to think for themselves, will swallow any egregious rot, provided it is dressed up with long words and an affectation of objectivity to make it sound scientific. — Anthony Standen

“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.” - Bernhard Haisch, astrophysicist

“It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.”- Konrad Lorenz

“Inquiry is fatal to certainty.” - William J. Durant

There is no better soporific and sedative than skepticism.” -Nietzche

“The pressure for conformity is enormous. I have experienced it in editors rejection of submitted papers, based on venomous criticism of anonymous referees. The replacement of impartial reviewing by censorship will be the death of science.” Julian Schwinger, physicist

"on why skeptics are winning the infowars"

They simply aren't. Science is winning the "infowars". As it should. Science is the methodology used by mankind to discover the truth. It's above skepticism, and cynicism, and pessimism and optimism. It searches plainly for merely what is. It has no stake in the answer. All possibilities are equally welcome. But,what is, is what is. Unequivocally because of the rigor of the process.

It often conflicts with the political here's what I want to be true.

Yes SCIENCE IS winning the info wars. 10 years ago sceptics had no voice. In ten years we have gained a voice. As the people have heard our voice and learned how you have perverted science to your political goals they have rejected you.

You think you're winning? Here's a Euro poll that says you are deluded and need to be committed before you harm yourself or someone else.

New EU poll: Only 4% of Europeans rate climate change as their most pressing concern

"The new Eurobarometer poll must be depressive reading for EU's überwarmist, climate change commissioner Connie Hedegaard and her fellow alarmists in the European Commission. The number of people who rank climate change as their most pressing concern is barely recognizable.

Last year a paltry 5% of all Europeans rated climate change as their most pressing concern. In the new poll the percentage has gone down to 4%. Most likely climate change will soon disappear completely, despite of the barrage of alarmist propaganda produced in Brussels (and funded by European taxpayers).

Only in Malta (22%), Sweden (19%) and Germany (10%) does the number get into double digits. Even in Hedegaard's home country Denmark, only 9% of the people rate climate change as their main concern. And in seven countries - Slovakia, Hungary, Portugal, Spain, Latvia, Estonia and Greece the number is zero (0%)!"

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/eb/eb79/eb79_first_en.pdf

Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue. — Robert King Merton

The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols, is the pathway to a dark age. — Carl Sagan

There are science teachers who actually claim that they teach “a healthy skepticism.” They do not. They teach a profound gullibility, and their dupes, trained not to think for themselves, will swallow any egregious rot, provided it is dressed up with long words and an affectation of objectivity to make it sound scientific. — Anthony Standen

“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.” - Bernhard Haisch, astrophysicist

“It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.”- Konrad Lorenz

“The pressure for conformity is enormous. I have experienced it in editors rejection of submitted papers, based on venomous criticism of anonymous referees. The replacement of impartial reviewing by censorship will be the death of science.” Julian Schwinger, physicist

That there is a thing of beauty.. +1 credit..

Anyone questioning skepticism as a virtue for scientific enquiry --- hasn't a clue how it works..

Objectivism?? Ayn Rand was an optimist? Who knew?? :razz: :razz: :razz:

That there is a thing of beauty.. +1 credit..

Anyone questioning skepticism as a virtue for scientific enquiry --- hasn't a clue how it works..

Objectivism?? Ayn Rand was an optimist? Who knew?? :razz: :razz: :razz:

Anyone who questions scientific skepticism is political hack.....pure and simple...

Except that he isn't a skeptic. He is a denier.

There is no substantive difference between the two positions.

Just as there is no substantive difference between full cult wacko warmists and Luke Warner's who believe in the magic but just don't think it is as strong as the wackos believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dittoheads are seldom right but never uncertain.

Where does anyone suppose they get that from?

People who think for themselves know that our freedom stems from our control over who governs. The cult has been told that freedom stems from weak government. The secret is to vote for those who favor weak government. It's just a coincidence that those who say that they favor weak government are owned by the wealthy going for the return of their favored status like during our founding.

Power to the wealthy instead of the people. Power to those who pay the political entertainers. Power to the powerful.

Think for yourself? You? "The science is settled". How EXACTLY is that thinking for yourself? You're correct it isn't, but that's YOU. Not us.

"Think for yourself? You? "The science is settled". How EXACTLY is that thinking for yourself? "

The science is settled when science says it is. Which it has. The opinions of political hacks and science quacks have no role in that determination.

If you wanted a vote you needed to get educated in that field. You obviously didn't. You chose to be irrelevant. You didn't dedicate yourself to do the work that allowed you a meaningful opinion. You are not entitled to any credibility.

Despite what you thought, ignorance has a price.

Hahahaha. Drop the hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy. Simple truth. You are not what you seem. You build your science on your politics. Your politics are simple follow the leader. The leader being a simple minded, uneducated, blowhard. If you don't have the wherewithal to resist what you are, your scientific value is zero.

And just what do you imagine my political affiliations are? You guys are hilarious with your self righteous proclaimations of other people's intentions. I am a Swedish canadian liberal but that doesn't mean I have to be stupid about it. AGW theory doesn't add up in my reconning so I accept what makes sense and am skeptical of the exaggerations. It's just that simple.

You are welcome to your opinions. What I point out is that they are not informed opinions. Which is really what this is all about. Mankind has created serious problems for our future and only a few of us have invested the time and effort to become qualified to seriously address them. Which is underway. You could contribute but choose not to invest the time and trouble to qualify yourself. Your choice.

Credibility is earned. Nobody is entitled to it.

"Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue." — Robert King Merton

Science is not an institution. It's a body of knowledge including the methodology require for expanding that body.

Scientists understand that. Others don't.

You would think that among all of the vitriol expressed here someone, sometime, would at least attempt to demonstrate that I am wrong about something specific.

Dittoheads become such because the cult told them that they were smart. Not unlike Eliza Doolittle. Unlike her, they merely accepted the affirmation but avoided the work of becoming so.

If they are smart, they reason, anyone who disagrees with whatever they want to be true, must be stupid. Me for instance and you.

Such a simple, simple world.

So easy for their masters to control.

You would think that among all of the vitriol expressed here someone, sometime, would at least attempt to demonstrate that I am wrong about something specific.

Dittoheads become such because the cult told them that they were smart. Not unlike Eliza Doolittle. Unlike her, they merely accepted the affirmation but avoided the work of becoming so.

If they are smart, they reason, anyone who disagrees with whatever they want to be true, must be stupid. Me for instance and you.

Westwall just demonstrated that you were wrong for saying skepticism has no place in science. The quotes were exceptional but you should have known already. Yet you carry on as if nothing was said.

People who think for themselves know that our freedom stems from our control over who governs. The cult has been told that freedom stems from weak government. The secret is to vote for those who favor weak government. It's just a coincidence that those who say that they favor weak government are owned by the wealthy going for the return of their favored status like during our founding.

Power to the wealthy instead of the people. Power to those who pay the political entertainers. Power to the powerful.

Think for yourself? You? "The science is settled". How EXACTLY is that thinking for yourself? You're correct it isn't, but that's YOU. Not us.

"Think for yourself? You? "The science is settled". How EXACTLY is that thinking for yourself? "

The science is settled when science says it is. Which it has. The opinions of political hacks and science quacks have no role in that determination.

If you wanted a vote you needed to get educated in that field. You obviously didn't. You chose to be irrelevant. You didn't dedicate yourself to do the work that allowed you a meaningful opinion. You are not entitled to any credibility.

Despite what you thought, ignorance has a price.

Science is never "settled" as anyone with even a passing understanding would know. Furthermore, when scientists who are ethically challenged (to put it mildly)are the source of that assertion, and they aren't credible, their opinion doesn't matter one iota save to those who have a political or monetary dog in the hunt.

"Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue." — Robert King Merton

Science is not an institution. It's a body of knowledge including the methodology require for expanding that body.

Scientists understand that. Others don't.

You clearly don't understand a thing about science. This post is just another example of that....

Westwall just demonstrated that you were wrong for saying skepticism has no place in science. The quotes were exceptional but you should have known already. Yet you carry on as if nothing was said.

Skepticism IS science. Anyone who claims otherwise is a religious fanatic.

Science is a field of study leading to a profession. The findings of science do not have to pass any popularity contest by people who don't know science. That’s called politics.

Sorry Ian --- pulled your post to respond to the troll..

So many choices.. But the most irritating is your latest insistence that we are all the same.
That we all learned our science, logic and reason from Rush Limbaugh --- or that we think like Nazis...

Obviously -- as on most of your assertions -- you're completely sucking gas on that assertion.. I could pull another 1 of 1200 of you faulty assertions and reasonings, but I don't really care what you say.. BECAUSE you are so biased and self-absorbed.

We skeptics DISAGREE.. We BATTLE over the science -- as SSDD and GSlack and I know.. I've mixed it up with OTHER skeptics on this board. It's more enlightening and HARDER than swatting down little leftist automatron tyrants like you who haven't had an ORIGINAL political or scientific thought since you read Noam Chomsky.

Why don't you be an annointed LEADER and CARRY ME thru this -- WHO EXACTLY on this thread gets their science marching orders from Rush Limbaugh or is a good Nazi??

Or leave everyone else alone and just slap ME into the reality that Rush takes control of my academic knowledge and principles everyday when I'm not paying attention and directs my posts on USMB...

YOU seem to get YOURS from a professional clown who became Senator by about 2 votes..

Science is a field of study leading to a profession. The findings of science do not have to pass any popularity contest by people who don't know science. That’s called politics.

Leading to a profession? What the hell are you talking about? And you are correct about the popularity contest part of the statement. Why then do the AGW fraudsters ALWAYS appeal to authority? Which is after all the ultimate popularity contest.

You are amusing to watch flailing away as you do. You make these broad based statements which in and of themselves are pretty good but then somehow can't connect the dots to the AGW fraudsters EXACTLY what you claim the skeptics to be doing. It is pretty amazing.

Forum List

Back