How Old Is The Earth?

Sure it does. Follow the example of Jesus. Jesus told the Apostles to preach to all nations. Not just Jews.
The discussion of Gentiles is rampant. Peter even had a dream which indicated this as well.

In any event, it's very clear how a Christian should be in this world and toward others.....
The history (supposed) of Jesus is he did NOT preach to non Jews. The first followers after the death of Christ were still all Jews. They all went to major Jewish centers throughout the Mediterranean area spreading the Good News of the Jewish Messiah. It is later Paul changes things and the Bible books? The synoptic and canonical gospels all come after Jesus death. They are unreliable as they contradict each other -- but they were the best the Council of Nicea could cobble together for their own intra-political purposes,

Jerry made a good point about the Samaritan woman - there had to be a starting point - either way, Salvation is meant for all and is stated as such through out the Bible....

My main point however, was that Christians often are wrong minded and mislead in their approach, and, there is a way that you are supposed to strive to be as a Christian. Jesus is that example.

People use and abuse True Christianity for that purpose...it is sad and damaging
Who gets to say what is and what isn't True Christianity?

I don't know, but I would think if you read what Christianity is about in the Bible, you would know.
If people do what is contradictory to what Jesus did and said, I would maybe not say there were not Christian, but, perhaps, not acting in a Christian way or manner.....
The Bible does not tell anyone how to be a good Christian.

The supposed historical Jesus Christ was a Jew, preaching only to Jews and his earliest followers before, during, and after his death were Jews

Which Bible version do you have?

Jerry made a good point about the Samaritan woman - there had to be a starting point - either way, Salvation is meant for all and is stated as such through out the Bible....

My main point however, was that Christians often are wrong minded and mislead in their approach, and, there is a way that you are supposed to strive to be as a Christian. Jesus is that example.
Okay. You will ignore church history and christian history.

What about the coming of the Messiah? Where does that myth come from and what do YOU think it was all about -- specifically?

Okay. You will ignore church history and christian history.

What about the coming of the Messiah? Where does that myth come from and what do YOU think it was all about -- specifically?

All I know Dante, is that you should use Christ as your example of what Christian behavior is. Sometimes, things are just as simple as that....

The Messiah has come and will come again. He is the Deliverer - of ALL people. I do realize there are historical and other texts that indicate it was for the Jews only, but, it is very evident in the Bible that salvation and deliverance is for all people.

If you want a dissertation, ask Jerry.

Transubstantiation

Pardon my French but that is CATHOLIC BULLSHIT
Nope. Orthodox Church and Roman Catholic Church.

While they have small differences over finer points, Transubstantiation has been a mystery in the christian church far before the splits/crack ups[/QUOTE]

It's bullshit either way

It's bullshit either way
myblood.jpg

Who gets to say what is and what isn't True Christianity?

I don't know, but I would think if you read what Christianity is about in the Bible, you would know.
If people do what is contradictory to what Jesus did and said, I would maybe not say there were not Christian, but, perhaps, not acting in a Christian way or manner.....

The supposed historical Jesus Christ was a Jew, preaching only to Jews and his earliest followers before, during, and after his death were Jews
100%25Juice-Icon.jpg

The only reason communion exists.
Transubstantiation

Is that a Christian thing to yell insults at people who you don't agree with?

100%25Juice-Icon.jpg

Transubstantiation

It's not a disagreement. It's pointing out error, and I apologize for me passion in doing so. It is so incredibly ridiculous that people think that wine and wafers literally turns into Jesus' blood and body.

6,000 years or 4.1 billion?

Here is one argument .....

How Old Is the Earth?

"The age of the earth debate ultimately comes down to this foundational question: Are we trusting man’s imperfect and changing ideas and assumptions about the past? Or are we trusting God’s perfectly accurate eyewitness account of the past, including the creation of the world, Noah’s global flood, and the age of the earth?"
The earth is likely no more than 10,000 years old. I believe God created a vast complex Universe and a closed ecological system for Adam an Eve to live in a matter of days. Prior to CREATION there was no time... We presently observe a fallen CREATION and the confusing evidence of Noah's Flood.

100%25Juice-Icon.jpg

Transubstantiation

It's not a disagreement. It's pointing out error, and I apologize for me passion in doing so. It is so incredibly ridiculous that people think that wine and wafers literally turns into Jesus' blood and body.
I agree, they should stop at the simply ridiculous, like believing in a talking snake, and an invisible being who hates gays.

100%25Juice-Icon.jpg

Transubstantiation

I agree, they should stop at the simply ridiculous, like believing in a talking snake, and an invisible being who hates gays.

God does not hate people that are attracted to the same sex.
But, because acting upon those feelings is unholy, God hates the action, just as he hates when a husband cheats on his wife, or, people having sex outside of marriage. God hates all sin.

God can make anything possible.... his is of unlimited power, knowledge and time.

But no one HAS to believe that. We all have free will

Transubstantiation

But, because acting upon those feelings is unholy, God hates the action, just as he hates when a husband cheats on his wife, or, people having sex outside of marriage. God hates all sin.

God can make anything possible.... his is of unlimited power, knowledge and time.

So god made actions that he hates? That doesn't even make any sense. If "God can make anything possible" then he can make sin disappear. Me, I get rid of shit I don't like in my life. :D

6,000 years or 4.1 billion?

Here is one argument .....

How Old Is the Earth?

"The age of the earth debate ultimately comes down to this foundational question: Are we trusting man’s imperfect and changing ideas and assumptions about the past? Or are we trusting God’s perfectly accurate eyewitness account of the past, including the creation of the world, Noah’s global flood, and the age of the earth?"

Man's more trustworthy since Man can admit when he's wrong. God can't.
God can....but it chooses not to talk to idiots anymore.

So god made actions that he hates? That doesn't even make any sense. If "God can make anything possible" then he can make sin disappear. Me, I get rid of shit I don't like in my life. :D

But he created us with free will, and we chose to disobey him all the time.
Otherwise we would be robots

Maybe he figures most of us are a waste of time.....so he doesn't talk to the people that are total wastoids.

Maybe he figures most of us are a waste of time.....so he doesn't talk to the people that are total wastoids.

Can't say that I blame him....
Of course, then it can be said "well, He created us" - but with the free will thing, just shows, we were dummies and blew it....

Even in a purely secular view, we tend to self destruct.

So god makes things, then gives us a choice to use them, but if we do we're toast? Seriously, thinking people consider that nonsense. Now for you to choose what kind of person you are. :D

Forum List

Back