How 'One Nation' Didn't Become 'Under God' Until The '50s Religious Revival

so the country did just fine without it for almost 100 yrs? I say scrap it. Its offensive.

It's also offensive for the religious not to have it.
howso? Why do you need your sky pixie on fiat currency?

That's what I thought, you can't see the offensive of both sides just yours.
Why do you think our very 1st Amendment has Religion as the very first sentence?
Because our Creator gives us out rights. Not Men. This is what America is all about our Diversity and all inclusive acceptance of everyone, based on our Creator.
If we get rid of our Creator then we have no rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all.
The words on our money does you no harm and has been around for 151 years.
Do you think that there was no nonbelievers in our country for 151 years? They believed in diversity.

All that is just nuts. The constitution isn't part of the bible, you idiot. It's a document written by men and ratified by men.
True. This great nation was founded upon people rejecting the established sky pixies and now the rw wants to keep shoving those myths down people's throats.

Nothing more American than God tagged money.

I assume you want to do away with money, right assclown?

Money, religion, property, all possessions.

Imagine no possessions, it's easy if you try
Imagine you're in prison, it's pretty mush the same
Imagine all the people, living lives as slaves..

Dumbass. That's just a song, and you can't even get the words right,

so the country did just fine without it for almost 100 yrs? I say scrap it. Its offensive.

Why do you think our very 1st Amendment has Religion as the very first sentence?
Because our Creator gives us out rights. Not Men. This is what America is all about our Diversity and all inclusive acceptance of everyone, based on our Creator.
If we get rid of our Creator then we have no rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all.
Do you think that there was no nonbelievers in our country for 151 years? They believed in diversity.

All that is just nuts. The constitution isn't part of the bible, you idiot. It's a document written by men and ratified by men.

Based on our Creator giving us our rights.
You should look up some of Moses moral and social laws because they are in our Constitution.

True. This great nation was founded upon people rejecting the established sky pixies and now the rw wants to keep shoving those myths down people's throats.

That is the myth that the left has invented for 50 years since the middle of the 1960's.

The words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and the phrase "In God we trust" on the back of a dollar bill haven't been there as long as most Americans might think. Those references were inserted in the 1950s during the Eisenhower administration, the same decade that the National Prayer Breakfast was launched, according to writer Kevin Kruse. His new book is One Nation Under God.

How One Nation Didn t Become Under God Until The 50s Religious Revival WUNC

FrankCieciorka_NationGod-Mar1964.jpg

So?

In the context of a Cold War against godless commies, far to many of which were here at home, Christianity became increasingly a political issue.

And the process has not slowed.

Indeed, now the atheists have moved to the point where they want to drive Christians and Christian beliefs/organization from the Public Square.

Contrary to McCarthy's claims, the US wasn't filled with Communists. It's odd how that was a crazy claim by republicans back then, and it is now too. No surprise that Cruz and others such as Alan West are often compared to him though.

Tell it to the Rosenbergs.

The words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and the phrase "In God we trust" on the back of a dollar bill haven't been there as long as most Americans might think. Those references were inserted in the 1950s during the Eisenhower administration, the same decade that the National Prayer Breakfast was launched, according to writer Kevin Kruse. His new book is One Nation Under God.

Heard it on NPR today.

Is that a graphic of God giving it to Uncle Sam up the ass? :dunno:
Kinda graphic.

I think it's time we re-re-embraced a Religious Identity in this country.

It doesn't appear that the alternative is working out. :slap:
You mean like the wonderful Muslims? That's a religious identity. Perhaps I'll join them.

A "Pledge of Allegiance" has no place in a free country anyway, if it is forced on kids that don't understand it.

There is no more disgusting sound than a gym full of elementary school kids butchering it anyway.

Oaths of allegiance should be reserved for the military, and elected official.

Heard it on NPR today.
The whole pledge was part of a newspaper stunt, as I recall.

We got all the way through 125 years as a country without one.

So?

In the context of a Cold War against godless commies, far to many of which were here at home, Christianity became increasingly a political issue.

Indeed, now the atheists have moved to the point where they want to drive Christians and Christian beliefs/organization from the Public Square.

Contrary to McCarthy's claims, the US wasn't filled with Communists. It's odd how that was a crazy claim by republicans back then, and it is now too. No surprise that Cruz and others such as Alan West are often compared to him though.
He said the State Department was, not the whole country.

I suppose the Rosenbergs were patriots to you, amirite?

Kinda graphic.

That religious piety didn't help the native injuns none...

So?

Oh my.... they caught a couple of spies so that was reason to believe communists has infiltrated our entire government. Dumb idea then, even dumber now.

So?

Oh my.... they caught a couple of spies so that was reason to believe communists has infiltrated our entire government. Dumb idea then, even dumber now.
They prefferred the Nazi's they hired after the war to play espionage and infiltration on the Soviets...

So?

He said the State Department was, not the whole country.

I suppose the Rosenbergs were patriots to you, amirite?

With your Limbaugh infected brain, would it make any difference to you, no matter how I answered that?

Kinda graphic.

That religious piety didn't help the native injuns none...
Great Spirit limpdick fraud!
If the snake oil was from sativa it was okay..
I think evil white man brought cannabis to the New World.

Not sure Earlier Arrivers had it.

Forum List

Back