How to Explain Climate Change to Neanderthals

Another science fail, find me a Neanderthal that is living...

Are you white? You're likely to have 1-4% Neanderthal DNA.

So then the question becomes, Are you living?

So %1-%4 of something makes it that thing?

So the %5 of "radical" muslims makes the whole cult a dangerous vessel for jihadist terrorism?

173457_600.jpg

Why? So I can explain it to you? I think you know exactly what it means. Judith Curry believes the world is warming and that human GHG emissions and deforestation are a major cause. Her only fundamental disagreement is in the magnitude of climate sensitivity. And considering her latest conclusions, that disagreement is quite small.
oh grasshopper yo are lost and wandering a lonesome path. You should really learn about Judith Curry and Michael Mann. You should since you love him so much.

Why? So I can explain it to you? I think you know exactly what it means. Judith Curry believes the world is warming and that human GHG emissions and deforestation are a major cause. Her only fundamental disagreement is in the magnitude of climate sensitivity. And considering her latest conclusions, that disagreement is quite small.
oh grasshopper yo are lost and wandering a lonesome path. You should really learn about Judith Curry and Michael Mann. You should since you love him so much.

It astounds me how often I put up facts here only to receive meaningless unsupported and often irrelevant opinions in return. Curry's latest paper ACCEPTS AGW. That is a demonstrable fact. Until you can refute that, I don't know what you think you've got to bring to this debate. If you have other statements of Curry's that you think are appropriate, put them up. But comments such as those you've just put up are without value.

Are you really that stupid? The Maldives think it matters. The polar bears, the walrus, the harbor seals and the sea lions all think it matters. The people of California suffering their drought think it matters. The predator/prey relationships failing from changes in seasonal timing think it matters. The people losing their property and getting killed by the increased incidence of intense storms think it matters. The people of the Philippines and other Pacific islands being smacked by Cat 5 storm after Cat 5 storm after Cat 5 storm think it matters.

The person who doesn't think it matters is you that reason you don't might be because you're really that thoughtless and inconsiderate, but I think it's actually because you just don't have the balls to admit you've been wrong all this time.

No, the Maldives just spent over 400 million dollars on airports silly boy. No one spends that kind of money if there is the slightest possibility that the investment will be under water in 30 years. No way in hell would that money have been spent.

Get a clue,, fool...

Get a clue yourself, old fraud. You posted obviously false data, claiming that the first period of observed data from the OCO2 satellite represented the CO2 emission for the whole year. Then, when corrected from WUWT, of all places, you then claimed that the statement 'processed data' represented fraud, yet that very statement was at the bottom of the picture you posted, you just did not copy it. You are a proven liar and a fraud, Mr. Westwall.

I do know who Judith Curry is. What would be your point?

She, and hundreds of others, disagree with the IPCC report. Posting some that do, doesn't change the many that don't.

Nothing of what you posted changed anything I said. Not one thing.

Yes, of course hundreds of government funded climatologist happily placed their names on a report which indicated they needed more government funding.

cartoon-IPCC_consensus.jpg

Yeah, shocking they support the IPCC.

What's more persuasive, is the fact so many don't support it.

Get a clue yourself, old fraud. You posted obviously false data, claiming that the first period of observed data from the OCO2 satellite represented the CO2 emission for the whole year. Then, when corrected from WUWT, of all places, you then claimed that the statement 'processed data' represented fraud, yet that very statement was at the bottom of the picture you posted, you just did not copy it. You are a proven liar and a fraud, Mr. Westwall.

Are you in the wrong thread again?

I don't see what you are talking about in this one when I searched back.

I do know who Judith Curry is. What would be your point?

She, and hundreds of others, disagree with the IPCC report. Posting some that do, doesn't change the many that don't.

1) The vast majority of climate scientists agree with the IPCC. The number that disagree is approximately 1%. ONE PERCENT.
2) Judith Curry accepts that warming is taking place and that at least half of it is produced by human activity. She also believes the corrections being made to temperature datasets by NOAA, NASA, Hadley, NCDC and others are completely justified.
3) She's the most qualified scientists deniers would like to call their own, but they can't and she thinks you're whack jobs.

Nothing of what you posted changed anything I said. Not one thing.

I'm not surprised you think so. The rest of us think I refuted every single point you attempted to make.

Yes, of course hundreds of government funded climatologist happily placed their names on a report which indicated they needed more government funding.

cartoon-IPCC_consensus.jpg

Yeah, shocking they support the IPCC.

What's more persuasive, is the fact so many don't support it.

Show us a study, a poll, a survey - anything with some credibility - that concludes "so many" (that would be some sort of quantifiable value) do not support the IPCC' conclusions. I want to hear from a good source how many is "so many". Got something like that or was that opinion anally derived?

No, the Maldives just spent over 400 million dollars on airports silly boy. No one spends that kind of money if there is the slightest possibility that the investment will be under water in 30 years. No way in hell would that money have been spent.

Get a clue,, fool...

Really? That's your argument? Wow... [shakes head]

Are you really that stupid? The Maldives think it matters. The polar bears, the walrus, the harbor seals and the sea lions all think it matters. The people of California suffering their drought think it matters. The predator/prey relationships failing from changes in seasonal timing think it matters. The people losing their property and getting killed by the increased incidence of intense storms think it matters. The people of the Philippines and other Pacific islands being smacked by Cat 5 storm after Cat 5 storm after Cat 5 storm think it matters.

The person who doesn't think it matters is you that reason you don't might be because you're really that thoughtless and inconsiderate, but I think it's actually because you just don't have the balls to admit you've been wrong all this time.

s0n......100% fAiL.

All your stuff is conjecture.....:bye1:.....sentimental hogwash typical of the AGW climate crusaders.

The "science" stands on its own. Nothing more than a debate topic on message boards and in bars and cafeteria's.:itsok:

It only matters if it is influencing public policy in terms of energy. Its not........not to any significant degree as I have succinctly documented in these pages. The science will ONLY matter when renewable energy is a significant energy form. It is not.........will not be for AT LEAST several decades = the science isnt mattering in the real world!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

And indeed, that is cause for celebration!! It means the progressive fascists are...................losing big.:coffee:

:biggrin:EDIT>> It is so interesting how much the AGW religion loaths Dr Judith Curry << EDIT:biggrin:

Get a clue,, fool...

Yes. And it's a compelling one. Puts your claims that the Maldives are going under water soon to bed I would say.

Get a clue,, fool...

Yes. And it's a compelling one. Puts your claims that the Maldives are going under water soon to bed I would say.

Sea-Level Rise in the Republic of Maldives | Global Warming Effects
As the flattest country on Earth, the Republic of Maldives is extremely vulnerable to rising sea level and faces the very real possibility that the majority of its land area will be underwater by the end of this century.4,9,16,18 Today, the white sand beaches and extensive coral reefs of the Maldives' 1,190 islands draw more than 600,000 tourists annually.2

• Sea level rise is likely to worsen existing environmental stresses in the Maldives, such as periodic flooding from storm surge, and a scarcity of freshwater for drinking and other purposes.5,11
  • Given mid–level scenarios for global warming emissions,17 the Maldives is projected to experience sea level rise on the order of 1.5 feet (half a meter)—and to lose some 77 percent of its land area—by around the year 2100.4,9 If sea level were instead to rise by 3 feet (1 meter), the Maldives could be almost completely inundated by about 2085.18
  • The Maldivian government has identified many potential strategies for adapting to rising seas, but is also considering relocating its people to a new homeland.19,20
God are you stupid.

Get a clue,, fool...

As the flattest country on Earth, the Republic of Maldives is extremely vulnerable to rising sea level and faces the very real possibility that the majority of its land area will be underwater by the end of this century.4,9,16,18 Today, the white sand beaches and extensive coral reefs of the Maldives' 1,190 islands draw more than 600,000 tourists annually.2

• Sea level rise is likely to worsen existing environmental stresses in the Maldives, such as periodic flooding from storm surge, and a scarcity of freshwater for drinking and other purposes.5,11
  • Given mid–level scenarios for global warming emissions,17 the Maldives is projected to experience sea level rise on the order of 1.5 feet (half a meter)—and to lose some 77 percent of its land area—by around the year 2100.4,9 If sea level were instead to rise by 3 feet (1 meter), the Maldives could be almost completely inundated by about 2085.18
  • The Maldivian government has identified many potential strategies for adapting to rising seas, but is also considering relocating its people to a new homeland.19,20
God are you stupid.

Ahhhh yes the ever popular claim. Here's the deal doofus, the world operates via cause and effect. Something happens which causes something else to happen. Only you religious nutters deny that. IF the waters were rising no one in their right mind would invest 400 million of their hard earned dollars into a product that would be destroyed before they were able to get their investment back, and more importantly make at least some profit from it.

Cause....and effect.

I know you believe in magic and all those different volcano Gods, but really, the planet is a cause and effect world. You should study some science so you can understand how that works...

Get a clue,, fool...

God are you stupid.

Ahhhh yes the ever popular claim. Here's the deal doofus, the world operates via cause and effect. Something happens which causes something else to happen. Only you religious nutters deny that. IF the waters were rising no one in their right mind would invest 400 million of their hard earned dollars into a product that would be destroyed before they were able to get their investment back, and more importantly make at least some profit from it.

Cause....and effect.

I know you believe in magic and all those different volcano Gods, but really, the planet is a cause and effect world. You should study some science so you can understand how that works...
cause ,man made climate change or to be more accurate climate change that would naturally take billions of years sped up drastically
By human activities.

Get a clue,, fool...

God are you stupid.

Cause....and effect.

cause ,man made climate change or to be more accurate climate change that would naturally take billions of years sped up drastically
By human activities.

And not one shred of actual data to support the theory. Not one. Let me know when you have something other than science fiction dear boy...

Ahhhh yes the ever popular claim.

You'll find that enduring popularity a fairly common characteristic of facts.

Here's the deal doofus

No, here's the deal. The Maldives lives and breathes on tourism. It is basically their ONLY income They will make the money back for that airport in a very short period of time, particularly compared to their situation without it. I suspect they have some hope that they will not be washed out in the near future and that, with help from the first world, they might be able to make themselves a new Netherlands with dikes and levees to hold back the seas. To base your decision that - what? - seas levels are not increasing? - because the Maldives builds an airport, is a stretch of insane dimension.

God are you stupid.

God are you stupid.

Cause....and effect.

By human activities.

And not one shred of actual data to support the theory. Not one. Let me know when you have something other than science fiction dear boy...
Everything is science fiction until it's not.

1. The climate always changes. It has been ever since the planet cooled into a solid.
2. There is no real connection to the climate from CO2. All the "scientists" have are theories based on what they are paid to look into, and computer models designed to show what they want them to show.
3. There is no consensus, that is just a lie.
4. If AGW was real, the proponents wouldn't have to resort to fraud, cherry picking, and intimidation to get people to believe it.
5. What a coincidence! The cure for Climate Change is electing democrats, and enacting their policies!

Forum List

Back