How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

You're concerned because you're trying to justify abortions.

I'm not concerned, I don't have any issue with early term abortion. In a perfect world we'd never have them and every woman who ever got pregnant would be ready to be a mother, however we're an imperfect species in an imperfect world.

And again, I'm glad you're avoiding my point that your god commands you to kill non-believers. Trust me, I'm glad you don't respect your god's commands in that area, the world is a much better place for it.

I didn't know the Christian god commands his believers to kill non-believers. Where is that in the Bible?

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

The sickest part to me (although all of this is revolting) is how he commands you to murder your family if they don't share your belief.

I'm learning that I prefer how christians handle the old testament rather than YWC. Most christians bypass it, don't take it seriously, don't pay much attention to it and focus their energy on the new testament. YWC isn't like that, he has to find a way to legitimize murdering innocent children, legitimize forcing rape victims to marry their rapist, legitimize believers murdering non-believers solely for not believing and I'm sure a host other things even human scum would cringe at.

Most christians bypass it, don't take it seriously, don't pay much attention to it and focus their energy on the new testament

If they don't then they're NOT CHRISTIANS.

I don't know what you call them (Judeao-Christians, possibly), but Christians they're NOT.

I'm not concerned, I don't have any issue with early term abortion. In a perfect world we'd never have them and every woman who ever got pregnant would be ready to be a mother, however we're an imperfect species in an imperfect world.

And again, I'm glad you're avoiding my point that your god commands you to kill non-believers. Trust me, I'm glad you don't respect your god's commands in that area, the world is a much better place for it.

I didn't know the Christian god commands his believers to kill non-believers. Where is that in the Bible?
Here's what God commands you to do if someone invites you to their church. You not only have to kill the person who invited you to his church, you must kill all in his city.

De 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die...
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Again, we're talking about Christians here.

The NT says to be considerate of those of different beliefs, break bread with them, and avoid offense.

Most christians bypass it, don't take it seriously, don't pay much attention to it and focus their energy on the new testament

If they don't then they're NOT CHRISTIANS.

I don't know what you call them (Judeao-Christians, possibly), but Christians they're NOT.

So in order to be a christian, does one have to follow god's orders and kill non-believers?

Here's what God commands you to do if someone invites you to their church. You not only have to kill the person who invited you to his church, you must kill all in his city.

De 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Sounds reasonable.

Damn the cattle too, i guess they were mooing unrighteously as well.

Wouldn't want them to breed and create devil cows.

Ohh it will be a big theatrical event?

will he look like a smeitic/arabic person both in skintone and dress?

I just cannot see many on the far right falling down and worshipping an arabic looking person.
You are going to be one of those nonbelievers that re going to see that they were wrong and fear is going to drive you into a hole. Jesus is the truth and he is a Jew.

Ohh it will be a big theatrical event?

will he look like a smeitic/arabic person both in skintone and dress?

I just cannot see many on the far right falling down and worshipping an arabic looking person.
You are going to be one of those nonbelievers that re going to see that they were wrong and fear is going to drive you into a hole. Jesus is the truth and he is a Jew.

With loving words like that who wouldn't want to rush to the nearest church and convert?

:eusa_angel:

That's the problem we (at least I)have....if we refer to judgment, we're viewed as judgmental or threatening.

But it isn't a matter of US passing judgment..it's God's judgment. God is righteous, and you can't have righteousness without some sort of judgment. In today's society,where people resent being held accountable for their actions, they are naturally resistant to any sort of judgment, even from God.

That's the problem we (at least I)have....if we refer to judgment, we're viewed as judgmental or threatening.

But it isn't a matter of US passing judgment..it's God's judgment. God is righteous, and you can't have righteousness without some sort of judgment. In today's society,where people resent being held accountable for their actions, they are naturally resistant to any sort of judgment, even from God.

This article is a great read, it'd be nice if the subject of hell would just be done away with.

Jesus' Teaching On Hell

False theories of eternal punishment of the wicked have done unfathomable damage in the religious realm. Untold millions of people have obeyed God purely out of fear of a false concept of hell. Other untold millions have turned their backs on God because of a false sense of hell, as described by Roman Catholic sources, and their followers in most denominations.

This study shows that when John the Baptist and Jesus used these terms, they used language familiar to the Jews whom they taught. The Jews had heard this language no other way than in scenes of national judgment. While it is easy for us to read these passages from the point of view of enduring conscious punishment, we should read them as the Jews who heard them first.

Rather than our present day beliefs about hell coming from the Bible, the caller to the radio program was right. Our beliefs come from Roman Catholic theologians. As a result of an earlier version of this material, many have asked the author to deal with the final destiny of the wicked. While we are not prepared to deal with that larger subject at present, we can see, if our conclusions are correct thus far, that the subject of the final destiny of the wicked was never part of Jesus’ teaching on gehenna or hell. That connection was given to us courtesy of Roman Catholicism, just like it gave us purgatory, the sale of indulgences, Limbo Patrum, Limbo Infantrum, etc.

Last edited:

This article is a great read, it'd be nice subject of hell would just be done away with.

Jesus' Teaching On Hell

False theories of eternal punishment of the wicked have done unfathomable damage in the religious realm. Untold millions of people have obeyed God purely out of fear of a false concept of hell. Other untold millions have turned their backs on God because of a false sense of hell, as described by Roman Catholic sources, and their followers in most denominations.

This study shows that when John the Baptist and Jesus used these terms, they used language familiar to the Jews whom they taught. The Jews had heard this language no other way than in scenes of national judgment. While it is easy for us to read these passages from the point of view of enduring conscious punishment, we should read them as the Jews who heard them first.

Rather than our present day beliefs about hell coming from the Bible, the caller to the radio program was right. Our beliefs come from Roman Catholic theologians. As a result of an earlier version of this material, many have asked the author to deal with the final destiny of the wicked. While we are not prepared to deal with that larger subject at present, we can see, if our conclusions are correct thus far, that the subject of the final destiny of the wicked was never part of Jesus’ teaching on gehenna or hell. That connection was given to us courtesy of Roman Catholicism, just like it gave us purgatory, the sale of indulgences, Limbo Patrum, Limbo Infantrum, etc.

I have tried telling people Hell is not what many Christians believe it is.

Iattended a Billy Graham concert when I was in a high school. I was a Catholic then, and I was accompanied by my two best friends, a Jew, and a Native American.

A permanent turn off for me from Christianity was when the evangelicals told me that my friends could not go to heaven, no matter how exemplary they lived their lives because they weren't accepting Jesus as their personal savior.

A God who would condemn perfectfully good people to hell like that cannot be a true God, I thought. That was the beginning of the end of meaning for me in Christianity.

Last edited:

It's only God's judgment if you believe in God and in Christian commandments. Buddhists have our own ethical system of accountability for our actions.

I think you're a bit Christnocentric. You can only percieve and think from a Christian perspective. You cannot consider how an atheist hears your judging language.

You are passing judgment, all the time. You use the term "resistant" when you really mean that we won't accept YOUR belief system as our own. We don't have to. We live in a free country.

Consider the term, "resistant", when you consider having a Muslim convert you to Islam. Would you resist? Of course. I would too. Just as I resist having Christian beliefs shoved down my throat.

Last edited:
Iattended a Billy Graham concert when I was in a high school. I was a Catholic then, and I was accompanied by my two best friends, a Jew, and a Native American.

A permanent turn off for me from Christianity was when the evangelicals told me that my friends could not go to heaven, no matter how exemplary they lived their lives because they weren't accepting Jesus as their personal savior.

A God who would condemn perfectfully good people to hell like that cannot be a true God, I thought. That was the beginning of the end of meaning for me in Christianity.

Well said, it's hard for me to base my morals off a book who's main character doesn't judge people on their morals, rather their beliefs.

Forum List

Back