How will you celebrate Obama's election loss?

I've seen some recent headlines about libs suposedly being smarter. I wasn't shocked to hear that their liberal benefactors were making such absurd declarations. Intelligence manifests. There's nothing intelligent about $15 trillion in debt.

I have to admit, I am not so sure about that last statement. If you can rack up $15 Trillion dollars in debt and know that you won't have to repay it but that the great great grandchildren of the people of this country will be the ones saddled with the debt, you might not be as dumb as you look.

Immie

Perhaps
but in reality, debt spending is a failure of both parties
Papa Obama just does it like a crack addict

Of course, there are diminishing returns and at some point
it will no longer work in the present. A critical "financial" mass will be
reached

look at Greece

The liklihood is that during Romney's Admin things will be just as bad or worse. This is spirolling out of control and the President has little to do with it. Congress holds the purse strings. Even if the Republican gained 50 seats in the house and took a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, they are not going to vote to cut spending. We'll hear squawking about it, but nothing more.

Immie

Indeed, because of the hubris of the left

the Left often thinks they know what is best for a person
Even more than the person themselves
:eusa_angel:

I've seen some recent headlines about libs suposedly being smarter. I wasn't shocked to hear that their liberal benefactors were making such absurd declarations. Intelligence manifests. There's nothing intelligent about $15 trillion in debt.

I have to admit, I am not so sure about that last statement. If you can rack up $15 Trillion dollars in debt and know that you won't have to repay it but that the great great grandchildren of the people of this country will be the ones saddled with the debt, you might not be as dumb as you look.

Immie

I guess part of intelligence equation liberally takes into account honor and valor (no pun intended). But otherwise, you have a point.

Immie

Perhaps

reached

look at Greece

The liklihood is that during Romney's Admin things will be just as bad or worse. This is spirolling out of control and the President has little to do with it. Congress holds the purse strings. Even if the Republican gained 50 seats in the house and took a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, they are not going to vote to cut spending. We'll hear squawking about it, but nothing more.

Immie

The budget process does fall upon Congress. However. if the same party controls both branches then the President does have more influence.

I do feel, sometimes, our system is so corrupted that real change won't come until
some type of collapse

At this point, my best hope for Romney, if they had both chambers,
is to do less damage than the Left has done so far.

The real change we need-
It may be too late for us as a nation

Immie

Perhaps

reached

look at Greece

Immie

Don't believe the apathy that excited Dems and disenfranchised Republicans preach. The president has a huge effect. Look at all the corruption in the Obama administration. A leader doesn't have to accept that nonsense.

Ahhhh, well besides the fact that most studies find that liberals are actually better educated and informed than conservatives, let's look at this.

Who drove the masses into the safety net.

The folks who set up the safety net.

Or the folks who cut the tightrope.

This is the equation you don't get. When you had good union jobs, a lot of those union guys voted Republican because they were making good money and had skin in the game.

But when you take away those good union jobs and they have to make up the difference with foodstamps, Section 8 and Medicaid, you've created Democrats for life.

It's so simple, and you morons just don't get it.

Ahhhh, well besides the fact that most studies find that liberals are actually better educated and informed than conservatives

I'm pretty sure the inner cities are full of liberals.
Are they better educated and informed?

What part of "most" did you miss?

Republicans are 90% white. They are alike in many ways and the majority march in lockstep. Because that's what you do, you assume wrongly that everyone else does the same thing.

well besides the fact that most studies

I didn't miss any part of most.
You mean some studies show the opposite?

Thanks!

I think the main to remember is that this is a question of partisanship, not of what is best for America.

It is better to have a right wing candidate in power and live in a poor, backwards nation than to have a Democratic candidate in power and live in a wealthier and forward-thinking nation.

The alternative would be to choose the candidate not by party, but by quality.

The main thing to remember is that it's only "partisanship, not what's best for America" when liberals are losing. Otherwise, it's all about high-minded statesmanship.

Yeah, and I'm Queen of the Universe. :eusa_hand:

Considering that it's the policies most dearly-loved by LIBERALS that have damaged this nation, you'll excuse me if I laugh derisively at your attempt to scare everyone at the "horrible" thought that liberal policies might be done away with. I'm sure YOU are terrified by the idea of living in a country where you might actually be forced to take responsibility for yourself and your actions. I, on the other hand, intend to enjoy watching you and your brethren suffer your long-overdue and painful ascent into adulthood.

Perhaps

reached

look at Greece

Immie

Don't believe the apathy that excited Dems and disenfranchised Republicans preach. The president has a huge effect. Look at all the corruption in the Obama administration. A leader doesn't have to accept that nonsense.

I'm one of those who were disenfranchised.

He does have influence and more so when his party controls both house.

That being said, Republicans have no more desire to shrink government than Democrats do. They pay lip service to it, but take no action at all. In fact, if Romney wins, he's likely to cut taxes to the rich and watch revenues fall even further leaving us in a bigger problem.

We really do need to increase taxes and cut spending. Not lower taxes and increase spending. That doesn't solve the problem.

Immie

Ahhhh, well besides the fact that most studies find that liberals are actually better educated and informed than conservatives

I'm pretty sure the inner cities are full of liberals.
Are they better educated and informed?

Republicans are 90% white. They are alike in many ways and the majority march in lockstep. Because that's what you do, you assume wrongly that everyone else does the same thing.

Only Dems have to focus on racial demographics in party b/c they are all about race wars and race quotas. It's sad that you have to make your party affiliation a racial matter. It just shows how small your mindset is.

I don't know if I'll show up to an election day party. I'll likely watch it by myself; but who knows maybe I'll search out a view party.

When he loses, I'm going to Famous Dave's BBQ | Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que Restaurants and Catering the next day. :redface:

I'll kiss your ass in the middle of Times Square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd. That is if Romney wins.

You'll have to fly to Cali. And even then, if you're not a hot chick, I'll have to decline. But thanks though. It's always good to know who's ready and willing to kiss my ass :thanks:

I don't know if I'll show up to an election day party. I'll likely watch it by myself; but who knows maybe I'll search out a view party.

When he loses, I'm going to Famous Dave's BBQ | Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que Restaurants and Catering the next day. :redface:

I'll kiss your ass in the middle of Times Square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd. That is if Romney wins.

You'll have to fly to Cali. And even then, if you're not a hot chick, I'll have to decline. But thanks though. It's always good to know who's ready and willing to kiss my ass :thanks:

Don't concern yourself...I'm not your type. If I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of Romney winning I wouldn't have made the offer.

OK, Tired of waiting so I altered your graph to show unemployment vs party in control of Congress. Note that from 2001 to 2003, the Senate was controlled by the Democrats and since January of 2011, the GOP has controlled the House.

How did you do that Ernie?

I use Gimp. It's a free image editing software functionally similar to Photoshop.

I will celebrate Obama's election loss on bended knee, thanking God we were not converted to a communist system of governing and requesting reinstatement of the Bill of Rights and a sense of obligation of Americans to return to their roots based on service to other people, rugged individualism, and the selflessness it requires to discipline oneself into such pursuits as the good of others.

I will ask him for more strength for us to taste a little salt when another one of us is crying, less divisiveness, and more understanding.

We can only do that if we beat ourselves up making sure kids have a fair shake in life by individual principles of lending a helping hand to the downtrodden, not by central government force.

It is my prayer that we as a nation work harder at making the gift given us by our prayerful founders prosper every person in our nation who loves his country and works for the good of her citizens.

By getting a job in the Robust economy created by Obamas departure.

Boy, I hope Mickey D's is hiring grill operators!!

Obama and Mitt are one in the same. Both represent political parties that have not a single clue what the word "liberty" means. Both are Big Gov't in their own restrictive and damaging ways, and both parties care more about the single "million dollar donors" vs 1 million "single dollar donors" (lol, tongue twister?).

There's going to be no celebrating on my end regardless of the outcome. Why? Because nothing's going to change in our favor... so what's the point?

Forum List

Back