Huckabee:Evangelicals Will Walk if GOP Backs Gay Marriage

Interesting that Mike thinks he speaks for all christians. Disappointing really cause I like the guy.

Guess he doesn't want uncle Sam in his business but he wants to be in his. Go figure

Huckabee: Evangelicals Will Walk if GOP Backs Gay Marriage

Mike Huckabee warns that Republicans risk losing the vote from evangelical Christians if they back away from their opposition to gay marriage.

Last week, Ohio Sen. Bob Portman announced he has reversed his position and now supports gay marriage.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax TV, former Arkansas Gov. Huckabee — and ordained Southern Baptist minister — was asked if he sees the GOP ever pivoting and backing gay marriage.

“They might. And if they do, they’re going to lose a large part of their base because evangelicals will take a walk,” he responds.

Good
Riddance.

You won't be missed and maybe, just maybe the GOP can get back to the Constitution without them.

There is no where for them to go

^ This

They may not contribute money to the GOP like they used to, but when it comes to voting, there's no where for them to go.

They can join the "Constitution Party." Sounds kind of like a Bible based Tea party.

Before the election, I saw interviews with fundies who said they could not vote for Mittens. I wonder ... did they stay home from the polls? Probably not because black is worse to some than even the nuttiest religions.

Remember Billy Graham announcing that Mormons were no longer bad? He can't take that back now....:lol:

Considering he never should have said they were to begin with, why would he?

Repentence is a beautiful thing. I recommend everyone try it.

These people who think it's a nifty idea to blend politics and religion need to move to the Middle East - they've been doing it for thousands of years!

523985_10200342813646096_1946421891_n.jpg

If it werent for those preachers, we would never have declared independence.

Liberty is only possible when the hearts and minds of the people have been transformed. Because it's the truth that sets you free.

Interesting that Mike thinks he speaks for all christians. Disappointing really cause I like the guy.

Guess he doesn't want uncle Sam in his business but he wants to be in his. Go figure

Huckabee has never been one to act humble. Why wouldn't he act like spoke for evangelicals?

Doesnt change the fact that he is a progressive and if he truly lived his faith, he wouldnt be.

These people who think it's a nifty idea to blend politics and religion need to move to the Middle East - they've been doing it for thousands of years!

Liberty is only possible when the hearts and minds of the people have been transformed. Because it's the truth that sets you free.

I'll need a historical link clearing showing that it was preachers they pushed us to rebellion.

Mike Huckabee warns that Republicans risk losing the vote from evangelical Christians if they back away from their opposition to gay marriage.

Last week, Ohio Sen. Bob Portman announced he has reversed his position and now supports gay marriage.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax TV, former Arkansas Gov. Huckabee — and ordained Southern Baptist minister — was asked if he sees the GOP ever pivoting and backing gay marriage.

“They might. And if they do, they’re going to lose a large part of their base because evangelicals will take a walk,” he responds.

Good
Riddance.

You won't be missed and maybe, just maybe the GOP can get back to the Constitution without them.

I hope he's right. If the republican party can actually get back to its conservative roots, I can get back to the party. Getting the evangelicals out would be an excellent start.

I'll need a historical link clearing showing that it was preachers they pushed us to rebellion.

Look up the black robe regiment.

Good
Riddance.

There is no where for them to go

^ This

They may not contribute money to the GOP like they used to, but when it comes to voting, there's no where for them to go.

Any $ John Doe keeps in his pocket will be replaced with two from the NRA, Big Oil, etc...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back