Human rights lawyer who’s been banned from Russia by Vladimir Putin says Ukraine is the single most repressive country he’s been to.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
So why are we still giving the Ukrainian government money? Why is this happening. Why are a small portion of Americans all gung ho about supporting Ukraine. This is not a popular thing among the American people. Why don’t the pro Ukraine Americans care about Haiti? why don’t they fly a flag of Haiti? Why isn’t that a thing. What about all the poor African countries? maybe because they’re black?… why.

Excellent interview here. One that destroys the pro Ukrainian folks who have been saying the country is a democracy.

So why are we still giving the Ukrainian government money? Why is this happening. Why are a small portion of Americans all gung ho about supporting Ukraine. This is not a popular thing among the American people. Why don’t the pro Ukraine Americans care about Haiti? why don’t they fly a flag of Haiti? Why isn’t that a thing. What about all the poor African countries? maybe because they’re black?… why.

Excellent interview here. One that destroys the pro Ukrainian folks who have been saying the country is a democracy.

:sleeping-smiley-015:

Not really...

read this

Because Putin is a thug and Russia is a shit hole.

It's part of an illness that has grown in the US since WW2 , and now that negative Karma is biting back to bring about the likely end of the American "era" .

See previous drivel poster

Why are you people so friggin DISHONEST?!???

From before I was even thought of Russia has been HISTORICALLY corrupt.
I asked if you personally knew of any corruption. Thank you for proving that you did not know of any corruption and all you could do is give us a wikipedia link.

Dishonest? Why are you people so bigoted? I told you what I knew. I personally have not heard any stories about Russian corruption. I have not read any threads here on Russian corruption, and you call me dishonest for asking a question while stating I have not heard of any Russian corruption stories.

MarcCTL, you are a partisan lying hack. Had you known or heard of Russian Corruption from the news or any source, you would of either linked to the article or source, or told us in your own words. MarkASS cannot do anything but scramble and do a google search and then link to wiki

marlaT, You are an idiot hack who just lied. You knew of nothing.

Why are you people so friggin DISHONEST?!???
From before I was even thought of Russia has been HISTORICALLY corrupt.
We did see Russian corruption connected to the Democrat party in the USA
“This is my last election,” Obama said. “After my election, I have more flexibility.”

“I will transmit this information to Vladimir,” said Medvedev, who will hand the Russian presidency over to Vladimir Putin in May.

I asked if you personally knew of any corruption. Thank you for proving that you did not know of any corruption and all you could do is give us a wikipedia link.

Dishonest? Why are you people so bigoted? I told you what I knew. I personally have not heard any stories about Russian corruption. I have not read any threads here on Russian corruption, and you call me dishonest for asking a question while stating I have not heard of any Russian corruption stories.

MarcCTL, you are a partisan lying hack. Had you known or heard of Russian Corruption from the news or any source, you would of either linked to the article or source, or told us in your own words. MarkASS cannot do anything but scramble and do a google search and then link to wiki

He is completely entrained with maximum Cognitive Rigidity .
But when pulverised into dust they make an excellent concrete additive .

Having grown up in Russia I personally knew that pervasive corruption. It was at every turn and it was rare that anyone advanced on socio-economic ladder without some play-along.

Ukraine came from the same Soviet school, and only in 2010’s started making some progress to clean up because it was striving towards the west and EU integration requires attaining certain standards, including on corruption.

Russia is the same corrupt shit hole it was 20 years ago, but now even more repressive, with zero light between politicians , media, and judiciary.

Fun fact: It’s criminal in Russia to plan and wage aggressive wars.

Thats all you need to know about the worth of laws in that country. A lot of it is de-facto theater, like their elections.

Last edited:
Having grown up in Russia I personally knew that pervasive corruption. It was at every turn and it was rare that anyone advanced on socio-economic ladder without some play-along.

Ukraine came from the same Soviet school, and only in 2010’s started making some progress to clean up because it was striving towards the west and EU integration requires attaining certain standards, including on corruption.

Russia is the same corrupt shit hole it was 20 years ago, but now even more repressive, with zero light between politicians , media, and judiciary.

Fun fact: It’s criminal in Russia to plan and wage aggressive wars.

Thats all you need to know about the worth of laws in that country. A lot of it is de-facto theater, like their elections.
Not that it matters, but what years were you in Russia.

Can you tell me about it? I mean this sincerely. The USA does not get news, general news about Russia. I really dont know if you have cities that are similar to US cities. What are the supermarkets like? Plenty of food or are they like Aldi?

We know next to nothing how an average Russian lives. Do you buy your house, live in a house your grandfather passed down? Eat good steak? Are the schools great?

What do we know about Russia, I think next to nothing. Not many stories if any make our news.

Not only repressive .....but one of the most corrupt countries on Earth!

For decades it was widely known it was one of those most corrupt countries in the world. Everyone knew it. They were famous for sex trafficking, drugs, counter fitting, money laundering and so on.

But they suddenly became a babe in the woods over night? No.

Why is it that Ukraine only became a dumping ground for our money and support unflinchingly now? The Biden administration is the first administration to bend over backwards to feed them money and support when no other administration did. Because the corrupt feed the corrupt.

Not that it matters, but what years were you in Russia.

Can you tell me about it? I mean this sincerely. The USA does not get news, general news about Russia. I really dont know if you have cities that are similar to US cities. What are the supermarkets like? Plenty of food or are they like Aldi?

We know next to nothing how an average Russian lives. Do you buy your house, live in a house your grandfather passed down? Eat good steak? Are the schools great?

What do we know about Russia, I think next to nothing. Not many stories if any make our news.

My family left in the 90's. But we still have extended family there and follow whats going on in the coutry from Russian sources.

You can't explain a country in a single post but most of questions can be answered by statistics and rankings you can look up.

Russians mostly live in apartments (67%) compared to Americans that mostly live in houses (77%), with an annual income average of about $14000 dollars. Living standard has risen significantly in 2000's with energy prices booming (60% of Russian economy is based on selling natural resources), but incomes have stagnated in real terms since invasion of Ukraine in 2014.

Thing to understand about those averages that is that Russia is HIGHLY centralized, with resources pooled in Moscow, st.Petersberg and few other cities. Outside of those centers people live on much lower incomes.

Politically Russia is now a czarist autocracy dressed up as "democracy". Putin has no real political opposition, no media to criticize his regime, no court to hold him accountable. All positions of power and wealth in Russia serve at Vlad's pleasure. Whatever Vlad feels like, will be done and the sheepish, carefully a-politicized population hooked up to prime-time "news" will go along.

Last edited:

It is more propaganda. Tucker Carlson is a Russian asset. The fact that this guy says this on state run Russian media destroys his credibility. Try again. We should send them whatever they need.

Forum List

Back