Hunter Biden has been indicted: gun charges.

I think you're presuming much on that one.

I don't think so. Once you argue that the law Hunter Biden is charged with violating is an unconstitutional law, the gun control debate as we know it is over.

You'll have to try to find another way to deprive people of their civil rights, and it's going to get a lot harder for you to do that when you're here defending a mob family every day.

LOL

Well the prosecution will need to know evidence that he lied. I am wondering what the Prosecution will try to admit, and what the judge will allow. Fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine is a potential wrecking ball here. Maybe someone rolled. Maybe I am ignorant.
Fruit of the poisonous tree? How?

It will be interesting to see what evidence they try to enter if it gets to trial, and what gets in. He has means and therefor can afford the best counsel and support. They will go after any evidence chain of custody with pliers. So it will be interesting.
They have the federal form and Hunter Biden’s admission that he was a drug addict at the time he purchased the gun.

Most of what I've read suggests this is a politically motivated prosecution in the sense that charges are not typically brought in cases like this.

The gun charge, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years, is only sporadically brought against first-time offenders, particularly ones like Mr. Biden, who is not accused of using the weapon in another crime.

Mr. Biden’s lawyers have argued to Justice Department officials that the charge will ultimately be thrown out because a series of Supreme Court and appeals court decisions have cast doubt on the constitutionality of the federal government putting certain conditions on firearms purchases.

Hunter Biden Indicted on Gun Charges

The federal gun charge, which makes it unlawful for a drug addict to possess a weapon, is a rarely used statute that is facing legal challenges and has recently been used as a catch-all charge against white supremacists.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...ges-hunter-biden-are-rarely-brought-rcna90191

Double standards Previous to the charges being brought the Trump brigade accused Weiss of being in the tank for the Dems when he agreed to let Hunter plead guilty to a gun related misdemeanor. Now the script has flipped and he can credibly be accused of caving to pressure from House Repubs and conservative media. After all, Weiss is a Trump appointee.

Double think Now that charges have been brought I suspect they'll be some, "See, I told you charges should have been brought. It shows the Biden admin and Garland are corrupt." Giving no consideration to the credit Joe and Merrick should receive for keeping out of the final charging decision. The polar opposite of corruption.
The only way, IMO, to enforce the gun law on whether or not someone is guilty of drug abuse is to be tested on the spot when applying for a firearm purchase.
SCOTUS won't rule on an overreaching gun case.

This is a pathetic lawfare maneuvre. The most serious charges haven't been filed: FARA and bribery/corruption ones.

What this does accomplish is to keep Hunter from being called as a witness in an impeachment investigation due to his ongoing "legal" situation.

I am assuming they might use something from the hard drive. I could be highly mistaken however.

No need. Hunter has admitted his own drug use many times, verbally and in writing, and the federal form he lied on simply asks:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Hunter, by his own admission, is indeed an unlawful user of multiple controlled substances.

They have the federal form and Hunter Biden’s admission that he was a drug addict at the time he purchased the gun.
Where was this admission? This is not a criticism, but a question. I am not up to date on Hunter Biden.
If so then thats a a big boo boo for him as the form would be evidence and available.

The only way, IMO, to enforce the gun law on whether or not someone is guilty of drug abuse is to be tested on the spot when applying for a firearm purchase.
SCOTUS won't rule on an overreaching gun case.

The question on the form Hunter lied on simply asks:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

It has nothing to do with abuse or addiction. Just unlawful use. Both Hunter and Joe Biden have admitted many times, verbally and in writing, that Hunter is an unlawful user of multiple controlled substances.

About damn time.

And it’s likely to have to go to trial.

And, once again, it’s easy to predict that before Pappy leaves office (whether the case has gone to trial yet or not), he will issue Hunter a pardon. (Or Harris will, if Brandon is ejected from office.)
Hunter Biden has been indicted: Democrats do not riot or attack the government or democracy

The question on the form Hunter lied on simply asks:

It has nothing to do with abuse or addiction. Just unlawful use. Both Hunter and Joe Biden have admitted many times, verbally and in writing, that Hunter is an unlawful user of multiple controlled substances.
If you got pulled over and submit to a breath, UI or blood test, it will prove your innocence or guilt of being under the influence. Checking a box doesn't prove jack shit.

Forum List

Back