Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 shows no benefit and more deaths in VA study

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.
snip
Researchers did not track side effects but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.
------------------------------------------------

But its not peer reviewed. Facts are facts, tramp should of never recommended it for days and days endless times, he quit talking about it a few days ago, I wonder why??
You need to point this out to the anti-Trump French science guy who first claimed this stuff could help.
So Drumpf got his stupid ass set up again?

It is a very good thing that democrats refuse to take this drug even if a doctor recommends it. I certainly wouldn't try to change their minds. The disease is working very well in democrat cities.

A new study finds that you're more likely to die of coronavirus if you take hydroxychloroquine.
This and other evidence against the drug may be why Trump is talking about it less and less lately:
In a shocking turn of events studies have shown more people undergoing chemo treatment for cancer die than those not taking chemo because they don’t have cancer.

You fucking moron.
That doesnt make sense moron. Both control groups had the corona virus you dumbass. :)
What did you expect? I sense some are just hoping Trump isn't such a loser on the subject. Talking about it as NOT a proven cure tends to really irk some peoples.

I sense you want people to die so you can blame him. :rolleyes:

^^^ No it isn't. I have seen oddles of interviews of people that took it, and well, they were still alive! Imagine!
There are also people who survived the virus w/o taking it. Imagine that.

Not the topic of the OP. Imagine that.
Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 shows no benefit and more deaths in VA study

Well I'll be. OP topic title. How's that? No benefit for lying either. Or being dumb.

A new study finds that you're more likely to die of coronavirus if you take hydroxychloroquine.
This and other evidence against the drug may be why Trump is talking about it less and less lately:
In a shocking turn of events studies have shown more people undergoing chemo treatment for cancer die than those not taking chemo because they don’t have cancer.

You fucking moron.
That doesnt make sense moron. Both control groups had the corona virus you dumbass. :)
What did you expect? I sense some are just hoping Trump isn't such a loser on the subject. Talking about it as NOT a proven cure tends to really irk some peoples.

I sense you want people to die so you can blame him. :rolleyes:
Oh here it goes again. Blaming BS talk. Ask me if I care what you say, cause thats what you don't want to hear.

The drug has a 40 year history of proven effectiveness
...against no virus, ever. It is used to treat malaria (a bacterium EDIT: Plasmodium) and lupus and chronic arthritis, both autoimmune disorders.

and the side effects are minimal and well understood.
When taken in larger doses, the side effects are most certainly not minimal.

The earlier it is administered during an infection, the better the results.
Nonsense. You have no good reason to say that.
You only want to dismiss the drug because The President you hate recommended it. It has already helped many people recover from the virus. Do you advocate blocking it's use?

^^^ No it isn't. I have seen oddles of interviews of people that took it, and well, they were still alive! Imagine!
There are also people who survived the virus w/o taking it. Imagine that.

Not the topic of the OP. Imagine that.

Well I'll be. OP topic title. How's that? No benefit for lying either. Or being dumb.

You're right. I was looking at all the vile and nasty posts, and forgot who the OP was, and what was posted.
However I stand by what I said, and know for fact many usless lies are in this thread.

You need to point this out to the anti-Trump French science guy who first claimed this stuff could help
The one that got his little snake oil video to Giuliani's eyes, who then poured this into Trump's ears?

That doctor?
No. There was another researcher who relayed this info and who was blaming trump for resisting the help. The interview aired on Tucker Carlson’s show and a couple of days later trump made a pronouncement of a possible treatment.
So it was an anti-trumper who started this. Kinda like how Hillary started the birther thing.

Tell ya what. If I get a bad case of COVID, I'm gonna take these meds for sure. If the libs and Lefties here get a bad case and don't want to take these meds, that's on them.

Last I check, we still had SOME vestiges of freedom left in this nation.

I can't imagine why they bother with actual trials comparing one group against another and tabulating results then. Seems like a complete waste of time, especially when the trials result in information no one wants to hear.

All loyal tea bagger trumpoholics must support Donald Trump no matter how many times he is wrong or how often he gets caught promoting misinformation or even lying. Tea bagging and trumpoholicism are more than a lifestyle, it's equal to religion.
Whoa...another one is off the rails....Buuuaaahahhahahahaha
Tea bagging and trumpoholicism are realities you can't escape by denial. Reality indicates people with these afflictions or emotional and psychological disturbances are the only Americans left supporting a damaged Donald Trump. Republicans are now running ads for Joe Biden. Lots of them. Check youtube for Lincoln Project ads. Tea bagger trumpoholics live in a fantasy world.

I should begin this thread by anticipating what lies Trumpette's will say about it. I can hear them now. "You are glad it didn't work." Just as they lie when saying, "you want the economy to crash." It's the kind of thing they do when their most Excellent, Infallible and Omnipotent Leader proves himself to be a modern day Elmer Gantry.

Trump-Boosted Malaria Drug Showed No Benefit In Study At Veterans Hospitals

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested."
............................................................................................................................................
We critics of Trump said at the outset the issue was there was no scientific evidence on which to promote the drug's efficacy in treating the virus. That concern has turned out to be correct. However, there was evidence it could be harmful.

Ultimately, the questions are these. Will the Conman-in-Chief be held responsible by Trumptards for recklessly pushing the use of this drug before it was shown to be effective? Will they acknowledge it was wrong for him to have done so? The answer............have popes covered up for child molesters.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.
snip
Researchers did not track side effects but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.
------------------------------------------------

But its not peer reviewed. Facts are facts, tramp should of never recommended it for days and days endless times, he quit talking about it a few days ago, I wonder why??
If I get the virus, hydroxychloroquine is the first thing I'll ask for. Democrats want higher death counts so they can blame our great President. That's why they're against it.

Forum List

Back