Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 shows no benefit and more deaths in VA study

Wakes up and immediately starts another day of bombing the boards with fear mongering and TDS.

Must really suck to not have a life and let one man consume your every waking thought.

Wakes up and immediately notes that Donald Trump was WRONG again. Trump spent millions of taxpayer dollars cornering the market on this drug and told everyone to try it, and God help them they did.

28% higher death rate. Didn't do a thing to help cure people. Trump gut instincts failed again.

Wakes up and immediately starts another day of bombing the boards with fear mongering and TDS.

Must really suck to not have a life and let one man consume your every waking thought.

Apoplectic? You have not been ingesting your snake oil.

snake-oil.jpg

Wakes up and immediately notes that Donald Trump was WRONG again. Trump spent millions of taxpayer dollars cornering the market on this drug and told everyone to try it, and God help them they did.

28% higher death rate. Didn't do a thing to help cure people. Trump gut instincts failed again.
No one cares what the moronic Canuck thinks.

If I get the virus, hydroxychloroquine is the first thing I'll ask for. Democrats want higher death counts so they can blame our great President. That's why they're against it.
According to the latest study that means you'll be all in helping them achieve that. Kudos.

I should begin this thread by anticipating what lies Trumpette's will say about it. I can hear them now. "You are glad it didn't work." Just as they lie when saying, "you want the economy to crash." It's the kind of thing they do when their most Excellent, Infallible and Omnipotent Leader proves himself to be a modern day Elmer Gantry.

Trump-Boosted Malaria Drug Showed No Benefit In Study At Veterans Hospitals

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested."
............................................................................................................................................
We critics of Trump said at the outset the issue was there was no scientific evidence on which to promote the drug's efficacy in treating the virus. That concern has turned out to be correct. However, there was evidence it could be harmful.

Ultimately, the questions are these. Will the Conman-in-Chief be held responsible by Trumptards for recklessly pushing the use of this drug before it was shown to be effective? Will they acknowledge it was wrong for him to have done so? The answer............have popes covered up for child molesters.
^^^
Fake news.

The OP is so tiring.

Just as dumb righties posted up shit every day when O was potus, he does it with dumb Don. Over and over again.

Very little difference between the two stupid partisan camps.

They are so duped they don’t know they are sucking the balls of the oligarchy.

It's amazing how some people can disagree with everything Trump says. They never seem to get tired of being wrong. What they have is a mental disorder. TDS. If I ever got the virus, I'd take that stuff in a heart beat. So if you're one of those closed minded people who think there's a problem with hydroxychloroquine, just don't take it. Save it for the more essential people.

I should begin this thread by anticipating what lies Trumpette's will say about it. I can hear them now. "You are glad it didn't work." Just as they lie when saying, "you want the economy to crash." It's the kind of thing they do when their most Excellent, Infallible and Omnipotent Leader proves himself to be a modern day Elmer Gantry.

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested."
............................................................................................................................................
We critics of Trump said at the outset the issue was there was no scientific evidence on which to promote the drug's efficacy in treating the virus. That concern has turned out to be correct. However, there was evidence it could be harmful.

Ultimately, the questions are these. Will the Conman-in-Chief be held responsible by Trumptards for recklessly pushing the use of this drug before it was shown to be effective? Will they acknowledge it was wrong for him to have done so? The answer............have popes covered up for child molesters.
There was nothing wrong with Trump touting it as a potential cure.

The problem was Trump claiming it as salvation and pushing it as our solution to the problem. Most medical professionals took a wait and see attitude while Trump mocked them and sold a “What do we have to lose” philosophy

I suppose, if I were you, I'd get tired of having the facts thrown in my face every day too.

First Do No Harm, Or Wait Maybe Just A Little If It's Good For Our Ratings

Hey, so what if some people died, it sure made for some great TV..................right cultists?

There was nothing wrong with Trump touting it as a potential cure.

The problem was Trump claiming it as salvation and pushing it as our solution to the problem. Most medical professionals took a wait and see attitude while Trump mocked them and sold a “What do we have to lose” philosophy
Have you seen crazy Nancy’s ice cream video? It’s wonderful.

Apoplectic? You have not been ingesting your snake oil.

snake-oil.jpg
Trump has been a Snake Oil Salesman his whole life.
This is no different.

In his rush to claim victory over COVID 19 he was jumping at any proposed cure.
This shows promise quickly became...we have a cure

One of his and Giuliano’s buddies was probably selling the drugs in question.
Vile criminals

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.
snip
Researchers did not track side effects but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.
------------------------------------------------

But its not peer reviewed. Facts are facts, tramp should of never recommended it for days and days endless times, he quit talking about it a few days ago, I wonder why??
If I get the virus, hydroxychloroquine is the first thing I'll ask for. Democrats want higher death counts so they can blame our great President. That's why they're against it.
Tea bagger trumpoholicism on display.

One of his and Giuliano’s buddies was probably selling the drugs in question.
Vile criminals
I’m more worried about what Gates, Soros, and the other billionaires are up to.

is Penicillin the wonder drug?

should it be banned?

I am allergic to it. If it is administered to me, I could get hurt, maybe even die.

If a Bad Orange Man were to say that PCN shows promise, and maybe even can help some people, does that mean that the Bad Orange Man wants ME to die???

The press is giddy about the VA study on HCQ. Which means that the left is really happy about it as well.

Image that. We have people that are excited the we don't have a wonder drug that can eradicate the Chines Virus.

There are people that are thrilled that to have a bullet against Trump, even if that means more people die or get hurt. And there are people getting hurt, folks with heart issues are showing signs of complications that they will deal with for the rest of their lives, even after they "recover"

Hydroxychloroquine IS STILL a valuable tool in the fight against this disease. If given early enough, it absolutely helps most people recover more quickly & even prevents some from progressing into the critical stage

Once someone gets to that critical stage, it does not help. We had already heard that. The VA patients were in that category.

It's sickening to see so many celibrate "bad news"; and they are wrong, This does not make Trump look bad, as much as they want it to. His "right to try" bill is a big step in the right direction towards bringing medical costs down & it demonstrates why those of us on the right are truly the ones that are "pro choice"

Forum List

Back