I agree generally with President Trump's immigration proposal

Good to see your racism and bulletproofs exposed so blatantly.
We don't need immigrants to work on farms. Farmers can adjust with more automation and a shift away from labor-intensive crops. If that's not good enough, we could buss panhandlers and negroes to farms for cheap day labor (they'd be happy to go if handout to them were sufficiently curtailed).

As a rule, we could say any job that on average pays at least double minimum-wage is a skilled job.

Congress needs to cut federal funds to sanctuary cities. Congress should look into ending and punishing all forms of accommodation of illegal aliens.
Oh yeah, Americans really want to pick fruit and lettuce. LOL

Why not? So many times the left here has told us there are not enough jobs for Americans out of work. If the money and benefits are right, Americans will do the job.
You can't get the unemployed slackers in Pa to move to ND for energy jobs. What fucking planet are you living on? Do you think all the unemployed blacks with kids are going to suddenly rediscover their agriculture skills and move to Colorado or Georgia to pick produce?

We don't need immigrants to work on farms. Farmers can adjust with more automation and a shift away from labor-intensive crops. If that's not good enough, we could buss panhandlers and negroes to farms for cheap day labor (they'd be happy to go if handout to them were sufficiently curtailed).

As a rule, we could say any job that on average pays at least double minimum-wage is a skilled job.

Congress needs to cut federal funds to sanctuary cities. Congress should look into ending and punishing all forms of accommodation of illegal aliens.

Why not? So many times the left here has told us there are not enough jobs for Americans out of work. If the money and benefits are right, Americans will do the job.
they have tried this out here in cal ray at least twice that i know of.....not a lot of applicants and the ones who took it did not last long,because they felt the money was not worth bending over all day in 100 degree weather.....
Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don't want the job
Wages Rise on California Farms, But Native-Born Americans Still Won’t Take the Jobs

they have tried this out here in cal ray at least twice that i know of.....not a lot of applicants and the ones who took it did not last long,because they felt the money was not worth bending over all day in 100 degree weather.....
Wages Rise on California Farms, But Native-Born Americans Still Won’t Take the Jobs
What's odd is that Perdue is involved. Georgia farmers got pretty pissed when his older cousin tried this before.

Thus why we have this-
H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers

There is a proper protocol for hiring. No need for illegal aliens.

Good to see your racism and bulletproofs exposed so blatantly.

You can't get the unemployed slackers in Pa to move to ND for energy jobs. What fucking planet are you living on? Do you think all the unemployed blacks with kids are going to suddenly rediscover their agriculture skills and move to Colorado or Georgia to pick produce?
Dude, Ray's from Cleveland.

What's odd is that Perdue is involved. Georgia farmers got pretty pissed when his older cousin tried this before.
the American born Mexicans i worked with said you have to be born into that shit,families that have been migrant crop workers for generations.....its what they do,they are geared for this working the fields at a young age and just grow into it...

The left will definitely be against this, since they are so against self-sufficient independent people.

the American born Mexicans i worked with said you have to be born into that shit,families that have been migrant crop workers for generations.....its what they do,they are geared for this working the fields at a young age and just grow into it...
I picked peaches for a month years ago. It's not race. It's technology, economics and social factors. The family farms ceased with WWII. People moved to cities. Farms got big. People who moved from farms to cities got city jobs ... like in construction and electronics. We've had migrant foreign workers since WWII. It has nothing to do with immigration or displaced American workers.

But we're not going to suddenly dispense with the need for labor. And some of the AG labor is actually skilled labor. You need skills to work with animals or even properly prune plants. the whole AG thing is just bullshit. Americans aren't taking the jobs.

There's some support for the notion that unfettered low skill immigration hurts Americans without HS educations. I'd like to see some hard information on whether forcing builders to not hire foreign workers increases construction labor costs.

I picked peaches for a month years ago. It's not race. It's technology, economics and social factors. The family farms ceased with WWII. People moved to cities. Farms got big. People who moved from farms to cities got city jobs ... like in construction and electronics. We've had migrant foreign workers since WWII. It has nothing to do with immigration or displaced American workers.

But we're not going to suddenly dispense with the need for labor. And some of the AG labor is actually skilled labor. You need skills to work with animals or even properly prune plants. the whole AG thing is just bullshit. Americans aren't taking the jobs.

There's some support for the notion that unfettered low skill immigration hurts Americans without HS educations. I'd like to see some hard information on whether forcing builders to not hire foreign workers increases construction labor costs.
I picked peaches for a month years ago
for a month?....would you do that as well as pick things that require you to bend over in 100 + degrees in central cal for the summer?(June-Sept)...im willing to bet that very few Americans would think its worth it for what you get in return...

Why is bringing in people who speak English & have a good education a good idea? yes it helps big corporations because they will work for less pay. but how does that help Americans who have to compete against those who will work for less. will this shrink the middle class even more?

Why is bringing in people who speak English & have a good education a good idea? yes it helps big corporations because they will work for less pay. but how does that help Americans who have to compete against those who will work for less. will this shrink the middle class even more?

It is a good idea because you will be expanding the tax base. These well educated professionals are not going to just hope a plane to America without anything. A doctor or architect will know what they are worth before getting on the plane.

Also we can control the number of people with a certain skill sets that comes in so not to dilute the market.

Not true. Most immigrants are hard workers and achievers. Unless you are a native American, you are immigrant yourself. Most baggers I see here in LA are white.

Only 4% of illegals are employed in farming, and most farm workers not illegals. Further, technology is already reducing the number of illegals in farming, as machines take over menial labor. It's just bullsh1t for people to claim we need illegals for farming. And, look what it did for America when people claimed we needed to import negroes to pick cotton. Whatever benefit we might get from illegal farmhands, we're paying a very high cost for.

Democrats just want to drag as many non-whites into this country as they can. Useless people to our country that come in or sneak in and have children giving them automatic birthrights which is something else we need to stop. They had no intention of becoming Americans themselves, no intention of obeying our laws, and when they have kids, we end up having to take care of them.

Always easy to move someone else's family. Always hard to move your own.
True, but I cant count the number of people from Houston, Cicago, Atlanta, LA etc whom I've met that relocated to rural areas and say it was the bestt decision of their lives

I'm thinking of doing just that. I do like living near Lake Tahoe, but the place is over-crowded now days, and it's being over-run by Californians. My town is still pretty nice, but it isn't what it used to be. I've watched it grow from 15K to 60K, and far too many California licence plates. Sorry, I don't care for Ca., not one bit. What was a beautiful State has been destroyed by liberal policy and thought. A real shame.

Not true. Most immigrants are hard workers and achievers. Unless you are a native American, you are immigrant yourself. Most baggers I see here in LA are white.

Only 4% of illegals are employed in farming, and most farm workers not illegals. Further, technology is already reducing the number of illegals in farming, as machines take over menial labor. It's just bullsh1t for people to claim we need illegals for farming. And, look what it did for America when people claimed we needed to import negroes to pick cotton. Whatever benefit we might get from illegal farmhands, we're paying a very high cost for.

Democrats just want to drag as many non-whites into this country as they can. Useless people to our country that come in or sneak in and have children giving them automatic birthrights which is something else we need to stop. They had no intention of becoming Americans themselves, no intention of obeying our laws, and when they have kids, we end up having to take care of them.

Immigrants are people who came here from another country, I was born here.

The debate over immigration is not how hard they work or don't work, it's about taking care of our people first. It's also about the rule of law and assimilation. When will I feel differently,? When I don't have to push any number on my phone to speak our language.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What's good about them coming here now and doing the same only with lower wage jobs?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Good law. Speak English, have skills. I support it, good move. Only three nagging details to consider:

1. It only applies to legal immigration. While that is important, it's illegal immigration where more of the low skilled workers come in.

2. What about the hotel and farm businesses in America that rely on immigrants because frankly citizens don't want to do that work?

3. Will Melania get deported or is being a model a "highly skilled job"?

Do you know what is legal and illegal immigrants are? Illegals are the ones that comes over without going through the immigration process. But the legals are the ones that comes over here and received their visa in order to work here. But they are not citizens, but they has the legal right to be here and work. And for some legals, when produce season has ended, that they can go back home into their country until produce season has restarted again. But some of the illegal ones, cannot receive a visa because of derogatory report on their record. Like rape, murder, arson and or theft on their report card. But most illegals has committed a crime over here and it goes onto their report card. Mexican's government actually doesn't keep records on their citizens. And so basically that it goes by our records of them.

Good law. Speak English, have skills. I support it, good move. Only three nagging details to consider:

1. It only applies to legal immigration. While that is important, it's illegal immigration where more of the low skilled workers come in.

2. What about the hotel and farm businesses in America that rely on immigrants because frankly citizens don't want to do that work?

why do you think it should be a requirement that they speak English? my grandparents came here without a word of English. my maternal grandmother came here at 10 years old and worked in a sweat shop. my paternal grandfather came here and worked as a house painter. both sides of my family raised educated hard-working successful kids. they in turn raised VERY successful kids.

it was very jarring to realize that my family would have been stopped at Ellis Island under these regs.

so tell me, how would it hurt the country for hard working families to come here penniless, work their butts off and then learn English.

everyone knows immigrants power most small businesses in this country and getting rid of them would decimate the economy.

what it does do is pander to the trump bigots.

Do you know what is legal and illegal immigrants are? Illegals are the ones that comes over without going through the immigration process. But the legals are the ones that comes over here and received their visa in order to work here. But they are not citizens, but they has the legal right to be here and work. And for some legals, when produce season has ended, that they can go back home into their country until produce season has restarted again. But some of the illegal ones, cannot receive a visa because of derogatory report on their record. Like rape, murder, arson and or theft on their report card. But most illegals has committed a crime over here and it goes onto their report card. Mexican's government actually doesn't keep records on their citizens. And so basically that it goes by our records of them.

which has what to do with Donald's new regs that effect LEGAL immigration?

why do you think it should be a requirement that they speak English? my grandparents came here without a word of English. my maternal grandmother came here at 10 years old and worked in a sweat shop. my paternal grandfather came here and worked as a house painter. both sides of my family raised educated hard-working successful kids. they in turn raised VERY successful kids.

it was very jarring to realize that my family would have been stopped at Ellis Island under these regs.

so tell me, how would it hurt the country for hard working families to come here penniless, work their butts off and then learn English.

everyone knows immigrants power most small businesses in this country and getting rid of them would decimate the economy.

what it does do is pander to the trump bigots.

That's easy. Spanish has contributed to a chaotic society. It's also VERY expensive. You realize the State of Ca. entertains 16-18 foreign languages? They're on computer applications & literature. I worked at a place that entertained just Spanish, and they couldn't even get that right. For example, they attempted the same statement three different ways in three different areas, and not a one was right. Add cops and such are expected to speak Spanish. Having to pay for translators, etc. etc. etc. It's very costly.

Then add our schools. Those who don't speak English fully disrupt the education for those that do. It's costly to our pockets and we're selling out our children for a few. Basic English should be taught at home, it has no place in our schools and it's just another entitlement (i.e., responsibility displacement).

Then add non-English speaking immigrants cost FAR MORE than they contribute, from Welfare to taxes, and Welfare includes healthcare.

This is no longer the country liberals like to portray, as they bring up the past. The past is not the present. Immigrants built this country, less our Indians of course. Today immigration is helping to tear it down. Then add the freaking obvious, there are too many people. Somehow liberal rhetoric often overlooks the obvious.

Don't expect a politician to ever say so. I don't know, Trump has a mouth and might do it. But you can take it to the bank I'm right. The liberal elite sells us out for votes, and the target of one world socialism, if not Communism. In other words, they lie and have bad intentions.

Of course the progressive narrative would be I'm "racist". I don't blame the immigrants on any level. I blame bad policy. Liberals are just too good at spending money, and they're too good at creating chaos in the name of some BS narrative.

Last edited:

which has what to do with Donald's new regs that effect LEGAL immigration?
I am getting so sick and tire of Hillary's supporters scratching in between their bottoms and smelling the fumes on their finger tips after scratching it,. That there are no differences between Legals and Illegals in skills. There are a lot of doctors and scientist that are living in Mexico that cannot speak a lick of English. I has a friend, that has dual citizenship, that doesn't speak English very well. But he owns his own business, and makes very good money here in the States. But he has a big three storey home on the out-skirts of Mexico city. It doesn't makes him less skilled because he doesn't speaks English very well. And which Pres. Trump is proposing that all immigrants that loves this country, should be able to speak enough English to be able to communicate with a society that the majority speaks English. My sister before she has moved to Japan, she learn how to speak their language and learned their custom because she loved it over there. If you love something, that you will do anything to have it.
And Melania speaks five different languages, and which that is very good. It is very hard to memorizes different words from different countries.

So you guys can keep on twisting things up about Pres. Trump, trying to make as if he is a racist.

Forum List

Back