i am a true liberal

A true liberal focuses on the free market. They focus on individual freedom.
They focus on private property.
They focus on non intervention.
Liberals built this country. Not totalitarians that think the govt should wipe everyone's ass.

A true liberal's basic outlook is "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone".

A Prog-Liberal's basic outlook is "shut up and do what I say".
a true liberal cared about the middle class. there ain't one of them in congress today.

There probably were some, but they are now afraid to speak out and have adopted the Prog mantras.

He's going with that 300 year old definition of liberal.
Which is the correct definition and not the modern one where so called liberty loving liberals want to tell you what to eat what to drink what to put your groceries in what to drive and what to think
Hmmm....I didn't call myself anything but an Independent before I came on here, and I have been branded a liberal by the posters here.
I'd be very happy to just be called an Independent again.
naw, you're as left as any left I've ever met.

define your definition of independent, I'll give you the benefit of at least where you align.
Well, I don't know who you've met, so I can't really argue, but I'm no progressive.
define your definition of independent, I'll give you the benefit of at least seeing where you align.
Not a member of any party. I vote for who I like.

Look at the totalitarianism being spouted by the dem prez hopefuls.
Theft, destruction of markets, huge grabs of power, shoving kale down our throats..
And they call themselves liberals. :lol:

Liberals built this country. Not totalitarians that think the govt should wipe everyone's ass.

A true liberal's basic outlook is "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone".

A Prog-Liberal's basic outlook is "shut up and do what I say".
a true liberal cared about the middle class. there ain't one of them in congress today.

Not to mention that liberalism is all about egalitarianism where everybody is considered in the same way and rights are all individual and all equal.

Today's authoritarians see everybody as belonging to a tribe and assign rights to the tribe.

Yea. We have officially entered the Upside Down
Yes, the actual definition. Not your raped version.

liberal definition;
open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
"they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"

yup
that describes trump all right....

and every other thrice married conservative....

how many wives has limbaugh had? 4? 10?.....

Could you possibly be more banal?

It's a talent I have.

It must be a great comfort to you to have such a meager talent in place of actual talent.

So much anger. Imagine if you directed that energy into actually making positive change. This country could actually fix some of its issues. But nah, it's easier to hate on "the other team" and blame them for everything that is fucked up in your life.
Fixing you totalitarian fucks IS the answer.

You need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air. Fox News and the internet are literally rotting your brain.

No one is advocating for a totalitarian government, despite what you're told to believe.
You asswipes binge on totalitarianism. Stop LYING.

Simply not true. Define it and provide examples. You won't be able to.

Aren't you the one who admitted that your mind was a veritable empty void when it came to political knowledge until just a few years ago? How would you know?

I studied political philosophy 45 years ago, not 300. You believe in racial privilege, you support acts of violence against those with whom you disagree and you are virulently opposed to free speech. If you think that is what liberalism is all about, you are one seriously ignorant old fuck.
None of those things are true.

Yes, the actual definition. Not your raped version.
Why don't you give us a short summary of what that is, TN? So everyone will know.

I think you know... :rolleyes:
No, actually I didn't. I don't usually pay a lot of attention when someone suddenly changes the topic of a thread by declaring they are a REAL liberal. I had forgotten. Now that TN has shared it, it makes perfect sense for TN to claim to be one.

However, he will be in big trouble at the local Tennessee watering hole if he goes in and starts calling himself a liberal, don't you think?
Because everyone knows today's modern definition of a "Liberal" was co-opted by The Left and is now ideologically closer to Fascism than it is to Libertarianism.

54e1a96011981c952ff40b34de176442--george-orwell-quotes-george-orwell-.jpg

Which is the correct definition and not the modern one where so called liberty loving liberals want to tell you what to eat what to drink what to put your groceries in what to drive and what to think
Hmmm....I didn't call myself anything but an Independent before I came on here, and I have been branded a liberal by the posters here.

I vote for who I like.

If it helps any, OldLady, I would never brand you as a liberal.

Yeah only a wacko liberal wants to ban all magazine fed semiautomatic rifles
See that? You're doing it again.

Yes I am truthfully representing your position on guns
But ... the point is, did you just call me a liberal? TN won't like that.

Gun banning is the liberal mantra

If it walks like a duck.....
images

Aren't you the one who admitted that your mind was a veritable empty void when it came to political knowledge until just a few years ago? How would you know?

I studied political philosophy 45 years ago, not 300. You believe in racial privilege, you support acts of violence against those with whom you disagree and you are virulently opposed to free speech. If you think that is what liberalism is all about, you are one seriously ignorant old fuck.

You lie.

You have bragged many times that you enjoy the benefits of affirmative action that gave you undue advantages over others, you have thanked postings supporting violence against non leftists, and you have come down on the side of censorship countless times.

Should the twisted, filthy, fucked in the head pukes of the Left refer to themselves as “Progressives”?
Doesn’t the word “progress” imply upward, forward, positive advancement?
What total fucking wack-job views chicks with dicks shitting next to little girls as positive advancement?
Progressivism implies progress towards Freedom, yet Progressives increasingly want Prohibitive Legislation passed to restrict freedoms.

So again, this is just another example of how The Left changes the meaning of words and language to conceal their intentions.

"Affordable Care Act" does that ring a bell?

orwell-quotes-human-minds.jpg

naw, you're as left as any left I've ever met.

define your definition of independent, I'll give you the benefit of at least where you align.
Well, I don't know who you've met, so I can't really argue, but I'm no progressive.
define your definition of independent, I'll give you the benefit of at least seeing where you align.
Not a member of any party. I vote for who I like.
What is your policy view?

You lie.

You have bragged many times that you enjoy the benefits of affirmative action that gave you undue advantages over others, you have thanked postings supporting violence against non leftists, and you have come down on the side of censorship countless times.
Who are you, my Conscience Speaking? Mind your own business, creep.

Forum List

Back