I am an ex convict and I have the right to vote. Is that a problem for you? If so why?

Because you ain't done being punished until the end of your days?

If you paid your dues, then you should have every right anyone else has. 2nd amendment included in case some of you assholes want to try to pull that card on my comment.

Hell, if you'd had a better lawyer, you'd be clean as a whistle. And it's a crying shame you didn't, and that this country has such a twisted system.

You paid your debt, so that shouldn't prevent you from voting. My concern is a lot of the dumb shit you've posted here. Do you think you're smart enough to vote?

No one?

Why should I not be allowed to vote?

Well there you have it -- the entire board agrees you should be, as there's no one to take the contrary position.

It's a no-brainer. Why should you not be? :dunno:
I have no idea. I just thank God every day that I own my own business.

That little box most have to check, have you ever been convicted of a felony, is a job killing motherfucker.
It's a double edged sword. As a business owner I want to know if I'm hiring a thief or a rapist, as a COMPLETELY REFORMED ex con I can't imagine my future being tied to those 8 words.

You paid your debt, so that shouldn't prevent you from voting. My concern is a lot of the dumb shit you've posted here. Do you think you're smart enough to vote?
Oh come on now. Everyone's posted dumb shit here. Only a few have had the stones to admit when they were wrong. Gramps is one of them.
Oh come on now. Everyone's posted dumb shit here. Only a few have had the stones to admit when they were wrong. Gramps is one of them.

I know.--------------I just had this pokin stick in my hand,------- and gramps was right there---------and it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

It's easy to paint with a broad brush. It's not easy to practice what our society was founded on, freedom & forgiveness.

It is true that blacks over populate our prisons. It is not true that they're all thugs. It's also not true that redemption is a forgotten virtue. I knew many in my time that were incarcerated for far less than I.

Prison is a revolving door for most BUT for every 8 or 9 that can't find the exit 1 or 2 do. Those 1 or 2 deserve every opportunity to prove to society, themselves & their families that they have something to contribute to society.

I may be a middle aged prick now but when I was released i went to different schools telling my life story to other kids. Kids who might have listened.
I never pretend that I'm better than anyone else but I did my best to help others not make the same mistakes I did as a teen.

Does that not earn me some kind of latitude? And conversely how do you know that others haven't done the same?

If you take everything away from a man who is TRYING to right the ship what is he left to paddle with when the seas get rough...

Forum List

Back