I am an ex convict and I have the right to vote. Is that a problem for you? If so why?

It's easy to paint with a broad brush. It's not easy to practice what our society was founded on, freedom & forgiveness.

It is true that blacks over populate our prisons. It is not true that they're all thugs. It's also not true that redemption is a forgotten virtue. I knew many in my time that were incarcerated for far less than I.

Prison is a revolving door for most BUT for every 8 or 9 that can't find the exit 1 or 2 do. Those 1 or 2 deserve every opportunity to prove to society, themselves & their families that they have something to contribute to society.

I may be a middle aged prick now but when I was released i went to different schools telling my life story to other kids. Kids who might have listened.
I never pretend that I'm better than anyone else but I did my best to help others not make the same mistakes I did as a teen.

Does that not earn me some kind of latitude? And conversely how do you know that others haven't done the same?

If you take everything away from a man who is TRYING to right the ship what is he left to paddle with when the seas get rough...
Actually there are more whites in prison than anyone else but way to keep advancing the GOP scare tactic. Maybe you being uneducated should keep you from having the right to vote?

It's easy to paint with a broad brush. It's not easy to practice what our society was founded on, freedom & forgiveness.

It is true that blacks over populate our prisons. It is not true that they're all thugs. It's also not true that redemption is a forgotten virtue. I knew many in my time that were incarcerated for far less than I.

Prison is a revolving door for most BUT for every 8 or 9 that can't find the exit 1 or 2 do. Those 1 or 2 deserve every opportunity to prove to society, themselves & their families that they have something to contribute to society.

I may be a middle aged prick now but when I was released i went to different schools telling my life story to other kids. Kids who might have listened.
I never pretend that I'm better than anyone else but I did my best to help others not make the same mistakes I did as a teen.

Does that not earn me some kind of latitude? And conversely how do you know that others haven't done the same?

If you take everything away from a man who is TRYING to right the ship what is he left to paddle with when the seas get rough...
Actually there are more whites in prison than anyone else but way to keep advancing the GOP scare tactic. Maybe you being uneducated should keep you from having the right to vote?

Vote because your vote means nothing when living under an Oligarchy.

Negged.

So let's look at what the democrats are doing in that state.

Is it political?
Most likely yes. Hard to say it isn't.

What is the likely outcome?
Those interested in things bigger than themselves may vote. For the first time in their lives they may feel that their voice matters. Where is the downside to this? If they actually care it's a win for society, it means that they feel invested in something larger than themselves. It means they are on the road to recovery from whatever ailed them.

Will they likely vote for one party? Probably but if we want to win I'd rather win with a winning message than by oppressing the vote out of fear of the results.

Negged.
For what? :dunno:

It depends on the type crime committed and any prior convictions. I may be mistaken but I believe every state has a process by which a released convict may apply to have their rights returned. That's why I believe the decision should be made on a case by case basis.

I am firmly opposed to it being automatic.

You can just stfu. I've been there. I've lived it. Reality is reality.
As far as my education goes I have 2 trade school degrees, one in general construction & one in business management under my belt and 2 years of computer IT. Granted the computer courses were based on DOS but I have a firm feeling that you can go fuck yourself either way

It depends on the type crime committed and any prior convictions. I may be mistaken but I believe every state has a process by which a released convict may apply to have their rights returned. That's why I believe the decision should be made on a case by case basis.

I am firmly opposed to it being automatic.
A fair assessment. Thanks for the response

As far as my education goes I have 2 trade school degrees, one in general construction & one in business management under my belt and 2 years of computer IT. Granted the computer courses were based on DOS but I have a firm feeling that you can go fuck yourself either way
Obviously you havent lived the reality. Are you really that stupid that you think I believe you went to every prison in the country?

Obviously in school you were not educated properly since you believe there are more Blacks in prison than white.

And yet Pubs hate the idea...

A person has to demonstrate they deserve the restoration of rights, a blanket restoration like he did in VA is pure BS, it should be done on a case by case basis. This was pure BS politics.

Obviously you havent lived the reality. Are you really that stupid that you think I believe you went to every prison in the country?

Obviously in school you were not educated properly since you believe there are more Blacks in prison than white.
I can't help you. So wrapped up in your own bullshit you can't see anything

I dont need your help. You need mine. Thats why I corrected you. Dont be angry.

I dont need your help. You need mine. Thats why I corrected you. Dont be angry.

Life is too short to waste time worrying about petty and trivial things. : )

Forum List

Back