I cannot stand idly by any longer

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tailspinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with to pigeonhole half the country and contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost.

Trump's actions are not patriotic, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe and you are giving him a free-pass on it.
What type of bike lock do you bring to antifa riots?

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tailspinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with to pigeonhole half the country and contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost.

Trump's actions are not patriotic, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe and you are giving him a free-pass on it.
What type of bike lock do you bring to antifa riots?

Do you get pleasure out of fantasizing about strangers online?

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tail spinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to concede the election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

You're funny. And if you aren't willing to dig deep to preserve the integrity of our election system, then you are nothing but ignorant and hypocritical.

Trump's people and a horde of lawyers are DESPERATELY digging as hard they could, even going so far as offering 1 million dollars for a credible election fraud claim.

Do you know what they've got so far? Right about NOTHING. All major lawsuits they brought got quickly dismissed as frivolous and baseless.

At what point do you say ok, I've seen enough, time to deal with the reality that Trump lost fair and square.

Never.

That's not a rational mindset.

If the past four years were any indication, you seemed to have assumed that mindset first. Care to comment on the precedent you set?

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tail spinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to concede the election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

You're funny. And if you aren't willing to dig deep to preserve the integrity of our election system, then you are nothing but ignorant and hypocritical.

Trump's people and a horde of lawyers are DESPERATELY digging as hard they could, even going so far as offering 1 million dollars for a credible election fraud claim.

Do you know what they've got so far? Right about NOTHING. All major lawsuits they brought got quickly dismissed as frivolous and baseless.

At what point do you say ok, I've seen enough, time to deal with the reality that Trump lost fair and square.

Never.

If the past four years were any indication, you seemed to have assumed that mindset first. Care to comment on the precedent you set?

??? In which way was it not rational?

Has Joe Biden ever made a comment condemning the Brown Shirt tactics of Antifa, who consistently have
attacked patriots?
I haven't heard of any. And if he has, where has he backed those words up in any way at all?

Yes, he has.

He hasn't said there are "very fine people" among them, that's for sure...

That kind of snide, backhanded answer shows you are giving this kind of behavior a pass.
No...she is all for it. She is quite happy to have Trump supporters murdered.

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine with to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

Preserve it from what?

BINGO, and that unwillingness to do any meaningful investigation is why I know you are not concerned with the integrity of our election system. Hey, if my guy wins, who cares? Right? RIIIIIGHT?

"conceed"

Never.

Russia, Ukraine, Impeachment, Emoluments Clause, Tax Returns, The 25th Amendment...

Take your pick.

Last edited:

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine with to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

Preserve it from what?

BINGO, and that unwillingness to do any meaningful investigation is why I know you are not concerned with the integrity of our election system. Hey, if my guy wins, who cares? Right? RIIIIIGHT?

What the hell does willingness of the people on some online forum have to do with anything?

If Trump and his people have serious, credible claims they should go ahead and present them to courts or submit a criminal complaint. AG Barr is obviously ready and willing.

You thinking that you can seriously "investigate" something because you have the internetz is just detached from reality of how the world works.

"conceed"

Never.

Russia, Ukraine, Impeachment, Emoluments Clause, Tax Returns, The 25th Amendment...

Take your pick.

"conceed"

Never.

Take your pick.

You go ahead and pick since you are the one accusing me of supposedly being irrational on these topics.

Pick one and explain which part of my position on these you think is irrational.

What the hell does willingness of the people on some online forum have to do with anything?

These forums show the true character of people. The character they don't show to others in their daily life.

And yes, I know the Google bots are watching, so I know any posts we make here have reach.

And to answer your question:

It has a lot to do with everything, anton. If you aren't willing to call for an investigation into any claim of voter fraud, no matter how serious or unsubstantiated they may be, you lack any concern for the proper employment of our election apparatus. You aren't serious about preventing disenfranchisement among American voters.

Do I seriously need to go on at this point?

"conceed"

Never.

Take your pick.

"conceed"

Never.

Take your pick.

You go ahead and pick since you are the one accusing me of supposedly being irrational on these topics.

Pick one and explain which part of my position on these you think is irrational.

All of it, anton.

You are dodging at this point.

These forums show the true character of people. The character they don't show to others in their daily life.

And yes, I know the Google bots are watching, so I know any posts we make here has reach.

And to answer your question:

It has a lot to do with everything, anton. If you aren't willing to call for an investigation into any claim of voter fraud, no matter how serious or unsubstantiated they may be, you lack any concern for the proper employment of our election apparatus. You aren't serious about preventing disenfranchisement among American voters.

Do I seriously need to go on at this point?

Why would I be not willing? I just told you that if there really is serious evidence then it should be filed in court or submitted as a criminal complaint.

That's how it works in real world and Trump has so far failed to produce anything.

Some politico mouthpiece selling you stories is worth f-all.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the (okay, obvious) first and foremost question is:

Why the FUCK are you trying to get "news" from Tweeter?

Here's a simple mantra to guide you:
"If a wrecker is for wrecks --- what's Twitter for?"

"conceed"

Never.

Take your pick.

"conceed"

Never.

Take your pick.

All of it, anton.

You are dodging at this point.

There was no point, you are just throwing out topics without explaining what exactly is irrational about my position on them.

That’s great to stand up for what you believe in. But why are you standing up for obvious lies? We all know the election was not stolen. We knew Trump was going to make those claims before the election even started. They aren’t even doing a good job at making a convincing case.

You say you used to be a right wing extremist... you definitely still are.

BTW. Those who were Out counter protesting the Trumpsters should go sit their asses down. Biden won. Let the losers make a fuss over their façade of a stolen election. We know it’s not going to go anywhere. No need for violence or to inflame things further.
BLMs attacks on the elderly wasn't about politics, they used it as an excuse...

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Subjective, anecdotal accounts of individuals’ actions are devoid of merit; the acts of a tiny minority of persons are not ‘representative’ of the whole.

And neither Biden nor the Democrats are ‘responsible’ for the acts of that tiny minority of private citizens.

The thread premise is ridiculous sophistry – as idiotic as it is wrong.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOUR ARGUMENTATIVE FALLACIES.

I, however, can post the videos I mentioned to this thread.

Like so:

Why are people keeping their children out after dark :confused-84:
Only a person in a shit hole blue city would ask that question.

k point to it. Show me which claims actually have enough weight behind them to be taken seriously in court and that cam actually turn this election around. I’d love to see you try and explain this
I wish I knew the issue well enough to do that. Do you know of a site that follows law suits by Trump
in various state courts? I don't.
I only know in a general way that suits are being filed. And to ask me to identify claims that will impress
courts in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan etc. asks me to be omniscient and a mind reader of appellate
judges. As Hall and Oates said, no can do.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the (okay, obvious) first and foremost question is:

Why the FUCK are you trying to get "news" from Tweeter?

Here's a simple mantra to guide you:
"If a wrecker is for wrecks --- what's Twitter for?"

Er... because I utterly loathe cable news. :p

Gonna need a wrecker here after I down this meal, though...

Heee heee heee....

Forum List

Back