I cannot stand idly by any longer

Half the country accepts being slaves; the other half refuse to become slaves.

I believe the latter will win in the end, but it's going to be a very ugly for quite a few years to come.

Half the country and more are waiting for a savior. Much as I believe in our President, he is not that man. What our fellow patriots do not yet and many never "get" is that only they can be their own saviors, in the end. Until such a realization goes viral, status quo and worse shall prevail.

I disagree. I don't believe that non-communists are waiting for a savior. Many are quite ready and able to take action on our own.

Where are they? That's all I am saying.

Well, perhaps you should open your eyes and ears.

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.

You can do whatever you want to do in your home, in your yard ... do you think I should be able to do want I want in my home, in my yard? ... or are you going to come into my yard and destroy the "hippy" paint job on my window trim, come into my home and desecrate all my pictures of Marx I have on my walls? ... beat me up on the streets while I wear my CCCP hockey jacket? ...

You're telling me how to think, and threatening violence if I don't think that way ... and then have the nerve to call me a Commie Fascist ... [shrugs shoulders] ... sounds to me you're very insecure in your beliefs, you don't know if your right or wrong ... but instead of looking inward and examining yourself, you lash out and demand all of us agree with you, somehow justifying where you know you are wrong ...

I'm a liberal who can admit I'm wrong half the time ... can you say you're wrong half the time? ...

No. No American should compromise his or her beliefs or values EVER in order to meet some quota of being "wrong" and/or meeting tenets of political correctness. That is the problem with your kind; you stand for nothing so you fall for everything. You've got no political bedrock, no line you will not cross in order to conform to the prevailing ideology of the day. You are a leaf blown wherever and to any extreme by winds of sadism and political madness.

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

i oppose trump for who he is, what he is, who he represents, and what he has done to our nation.

i will not stand idly by while trump and right wingers spit on the constitution and destroy our nation.

i will work against him and you

i will speak against him and you

i will vote against him and you

if you think that makes me your enemy then you can go fuk a flag

Then I hope we never meet in person. That is all I can say to you.
you are a coward and i spit on you

Whatever. Keyboard warrior.

trumpers are human garbage.

By all means . . . do come take out the garbage, if that's how you really feel.

Apparently, Trump supporters are snow flakes. Good to know!
Apparently you are a psychopathic idiot. Good to know. Let's see how you like being beaten and stomped
by a gang of thugs. Or are you a "snow flake"?

He's not going to stand idly any longer. Do you know what that means. He's going to come on this forum (and probably others) and post a bunch of nonsense, which will likely include misinformation, disinformation, false accusations, and the conservative stand by of ENDLESS conspiracy theories. In other words, he's going to be a whiny little bitch. If nothing else is clear, it's this: Our school system has failed us!

So your a neo nazi ?

You're

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine
How many people were there, how many people are you going to hold accountable for a supposed decision by the mayor of DC? I heard the police arrested 20 people, and that cops got in between fighters to break it up. They pushed the BLM protesters back to where they were supposed to be.

I'm not your enemy unless you insist on seeing me as one and that goes for most of the people to the left of you. Don't throw everyone into the same basket and you won't have to go down that self destructive path again.

Many, many videos show otherwise.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine
How many people were there, how many people are you going to hold accountable for a supposed decision by the mayor of DC? I heard the police arrested 20 people, and that cops got in between fighters to break it up. They pushed the BLM protesters back to where they were supposed to be.

I'm not your enemy unless you insist on seeing me as one and that goes for most of the people to the left of you. Don't throw everyone into the same basket and you won't have to go down that self destructive path again.

Are we still talking about DC yesterday?

Yes.

But it does show considerable restraint by the anti Trump people.
LOL.

BLM and Antifa thugs are not stupid, they are cowards. They know who NOT to attack, and only attack when they perceive they have an advantage.

Also, what were they restraining themselves from? Attacking law abiding citizens? LMAO

Has Joe Biden ever made a comment condemning the Brown Shirt tactics of Antifa, who consistently have
attacked patriots?
I haven't heard of any. And if he has, where has he backed those words up in any way at all?

Yes, he has.

He hasn't said there are "very fine people" among them, that's for sure...

I know you've never once taken the opportunity to learn the truth, b/c the truth is useless if it can't be used against those you oppose, but Trump's full quote can be seen below. You're welcome for ME literally BRINGING the truth to you. If you cared about the truth, at all, the 'very fine people' meme would disappear.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Yes.
Thanks. Just wanted to be sure before saying this:
My argument isn't really about what happened in DC yesterday. Be madder'n hell at the folks who beat up your side yesterday. Those individuals may deserve it. My point is that it's not a good reason to start demonizing every soul to the left of you. We aren't all the same, anymore than you are identical to every conservative or responsible for what they do.

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tailspinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine with to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

You're funny. And if you aren't willing to dig deep to preserve the integrity of our election system, then you are nothing but ignorant and hypocritical.

Trump's people and a horde of lawyers are DESPERATELY digging as hard they could, even going so far as offering 1 million dollars for credible election fraud claim.

You know what they've got so far? Right about NOTHING. All major lawsuits they brought got quickly dismmised as frivolous and baseless.

At what point do you say ok, I've seen enough, time to deal with reality that Trump lost fair and square.

Never.

Thats not a rational mindset.

Civil war over baseless horseshit election fraud claims that don't stand up to any serious legal scrutiny?

How do you know they are baseless?

What legal expertise do you possess?

Umm simple - they were considered by the court and rejected as meritless. There are currently no cases that that could possibly change outcome in any of the states.

Do you need a law degree to understand that?

Yes.
My argument isn't really about what happened in DC yesterday. Be madder'n hell at the folks who beat up your side yesterday. Those individuals may deserve it. My point is that it's not a good reason to start demonizing every soul to the left of you. We aren't all the same, anymore than you are identical to every conservative or responsible for what they do.

I am aware of that, and as always, appreciate your sanity. I do not hate or dislike anyone who voted Biden-Harris. Further, I do not wish harm upon any political opponent—a few of which are family members. However, emotions are running high as you well know and seeing video footage of men, women and children violently harmed by communist vanguard thugs only adds fuel to the blaze of mass disillusionment on both sides. Don't worry, OL, we know there remain many, many good and sane people on the American Left. Problem is almost none of them hold public office.

All Trump has to do is give the word I am given to understand.

i oppose trump for who he is, what he is, who he represents, and what he has done to our nation.

i will not stand idly by while trump and right wingers spit on the constitution and destroy our nation.

i will work against him and you

i will speak against him and you

i will vote against him and you

if you think that makes me your enemy then you can go fuk a flag

Then I hope we never meet in person. That is all I can say to you.
you just threatened me with violence. you are human garbage.

Hey, Human Garbage, he never mentions violence ONCE in his post. He simply implied that he would 'oppose' you, which seemed ok for you in your post. Learn to code... I mean, 'read'...

I was an extremist 10 years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brings, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

However, I am not your enemy. But if you insist on treating me like one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will be hollow and empty.

This sure looked like a bunch of losers, who dont want anyone to voice their opinion that doesnt agree with them.. Fascist actions will end up getting actions that will come back to haunt them.

tolerant-liberal.jpg
How does it feel to know you act just like those people you claim act bad?
Does it hurt being this stupid?

Apparently, Trump supporters are snow flakes. Good to know!

You obviously don't understand what that term means.
Moron

It means emotionaly fragile person who has tough time dealing with defeat.

But rightwingers not even snow flakes, you are worse. Snow flakes at least accepted the reality of the loss, while you are still stuck in denial phase two weeks after election.

Last edited:

Yes.

I am aware of that, and as always, appreciate your sanity. I do not hate or dislike anyone who voted Biden-Harris. Further, I do not wish harm upon any political opponent—a few of which are family members. However, emotions are running high as you well know and seeing video footage of men, women and children violently harmed by communist vanguard thugs only adds fuel to the blaze of mass disillusionment on both sides. Don't worry, OL, we know there remain many, many good and sane people on the American Left. Problem is almost none of them hold public office.
Well, that's a relief.

Forum List

Back