I cannot stand idly by any longer

...I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding...
Yeah, right.

I've been part of the right for most of my life and I've never seen them push intolerance or urged not being understanding of competing viewpoints.

Wot?

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.
That’s great to stand up for what you believe in. But why are you standing up for obvious lies? We all know the election was not stolen. We knew Trump was going to make those claims before the election even started. They aren’t even doing a good job at making a convincing case.

You say you used to be a right wing extremist... you definitely still are.

BTW. Those who were Out counter protesting the Trumpsters should go sit their asses down. Biden won. Let the losers make a fuss over their façade of a stolen election. We know it’s not going to go anywhere. No need for violence or to inflame things further.
...Trump should not cede this country...
It is not his to cede.

It belongs to The People.

The People have spoken.

Your boy is out.

Tell him to go home on January 20, 2021, at 12:00 pm EST, or the Secret Service and the US Marshals Office will remove him involuntarily.

The United States is a nation of laws.

Obey the law,

The next step is civil war. Do you really think they are willing to bring this nation to the brink?
77 million people disagree with YOU....

you lose

Hmm. How many of them are alive? How many of them voted twice? How many of them were procedurally generated within the innards of a machine?

Are you willing to bank that every vote for Biden is legitimate?

Yeah, I don't think so.
They got the 96 year old lady using her dead husbands name Great catch lol

Um no. The fact you aren't taking this seriously shows how much you truly care about the integrity of our election system.

Why is it just one side? Why can't the concern be shared by both?
Because the narrative is being politicized by Trump to avoid admitting he lost. He is claiming victory and completely lying about the results of the election. If it was a simple matter of identifying holes and improving the elections system then that is def a bi partisan concern. We are in the middle of a very different game at the moment

You haven’t seen evidence to disprove false narratives?! What are you talking about?! How about all the state election officials many of whom are Republican saying that there was no systemic fraud. How about Trumps own homeland security saying that this was a secure election with no evidence of tampering? What do you say to those things?
I say your anecdotal uncorroborated claims don't count for shit in a court room trying to get to the bottom of an election rife with election fraud of all sorts.
Haha. All that’s come through the courts are dismissals and withdrawals because all they have are uncorroborated claims. Can you point to one court case that has any traction. Cause I can point to about 20 that have been tossed out

WATCH: ‘Anti-Fascist’ Assaults Black Trump Supporter at MAGA March in D.C.

Violence broke out at the Million MAGA March in Washington, DC, on Saturday morning as an “anti-fascist” appeared to backhand a Black Trump supporter. A scuffle ensued where punches were exchanged until police pulled the attacker out of the crowd.

MAGA-Rally-assault-on-Black-Trump-Supporter-640x480.png

Meanwhile..I was getting all my news from Patriots at Twitter...but alas, I am now locked out. Can't even see inside. I COULD make another name but I dislike socks, so...now I hafta get info from parler and I'm still learning how it works which isn't much fun to me. I guess I could have Newsmax on 24/7 but that doesn't turn me on either. So..I hope you and other patriots here at USMB will keep me apprised of what's going on since other venues are fake news and I'd rather read from fellow posters NOT suffering from TDS and actually CARE that this election was rigged which could result in the same thing happening to them in the near future.
Are you being serious or was that a sarcastic post? Honest question

Haha. All that’s come through the courts are dismissals and withdrawals because all they have are uncorroborated claims. Can you point to one court case that has any traction. Cause I can point to about 20 that have been tossed out

Hey shithead, this thread is about your violence against Trump supporters. re you condoning that?

You haven’t seen evidence to disprove false narratives?! What are you talking about?! How about all the state election officials many of whom are Republican saying that there was no systemic fraud. How about Trumps own homeland security saying that this was a secure election with no evidence of tampering? What do you say to those things?
I say your anecdotal uncorroborated claims don't count for shit in a court room trying to get to the bottom of an election rife with election fraud of all sorts.
I can point to a Pennsylvania decision that says the state improperly over stepped it's bounds and
court orders, that so far have been ignored, stating election observers are not being allowed
to do their jobs properly because of democrat interference.

The election does not end today. Cases are going through state courts on their way to the
Supreme Court. You'll just have to be patient to see Biden lose. This takes time.

Half the country accepts being slaves; the other half refuse to become slaves.

I believe the latter will win in the end, but it's going to be a very ugly for quite a few years to come.

Hey shithead, this thread is about your violence against Trump supporters. re you condoning that?
Didn’t you read what I said about the violence? What else do you want me to say?

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

Great post, Templar. I found myself feeling much the same way last night. My father and I had originally planned to park at New Carrollton metro station and ride the light rail into Washington D.C. and attend yesterday's MAGA march. However, something did not "feel" right to him and my mother sort of forbade him to come along with me.

So in the absence of a marching partner my wife convinced me not to go. While I regret not going to the march in some ways, part of me is glad I stayed home. I am a highly trained killer, to put it quite bluntly. These BLM/Antifa/NFAC domestic terrorists do not comprehend the mind of a certain kind of soldier, nor do most of the MAGA people either, for that matter. If I had went to the march I would have ended the existences of many radical leftist thugs before the police arrested me; I would very likely not have been coming home again.

On the other hand, I am ashamed of myself for not going to D.C. yesterday. After watching countless videos of the violence unleashed on my fellow patriotic Americans I am feeling like something of a coward. People like me—and there aren't that many of us—could have made a difference yesterday, could have spared many Trump supporters from some of the street violence they suffered. My wife's favorite words these days are, "Baby, this isn't the hill to die on." But I can't stop thinking, 'One of these hills has got to be the ONE, sooner or later, or we'll have no America left to inhabit.'

What hurts and enrages me the most, Templar, is the lack of my fellow Trump supporters' willingness to fight back against thugs garbed head to toe in black. It is like they are a herd of cattle volunteering themselves for the slaughterhouse. And then I remember that most of them are not trained to deal with physical violence or extremely adverse psychological attacks on their minds. Most of them still seem to believe our system of laws will protect them and bring America back from the brink.

And then mob members beat them down or crack their skulls and they are never the same again; many of them willing to concede and surrender.

I can, however, openly confess the reason(s) to date for my lack of direct action against these domestic terrorists. Right now I've got too much to lose; it is as simple as that. I've got an amazing wife. I've recently published my first novel. I've got a still thriving small business. Both my wife and I have family members who depend on us for their sanity and financial support. Before COVID; before the riots, our lives were poised to be the stuff of our dreams finally coming true on many levels. I suppose we're still trying to cling to that feeling, that epiphanic momentum and euphoric high.

But, I must also confess, it's getting more and more difficult to sit idly by as the nation I served in the Army for twenty-nine years crumbles down around our heads. In fact, I am chomping at the bit to fight. And I know what "fighting" back would mean: the end of our dreams and very likely the loss of all my freedoms for the rest of my life. It's a hell of a thing. A bloody rotten stinking hell of a thing . . . to have the means and training to do something about what's happened and happening to our nation but to strive to put family first.

For men like us . . . it is only going to get more intense, more heart shattering. Keep sheathed my sword and spend everyday of the rest of my life stumbling around in a haze of shame, or draw my sword and fight back and lose it all. Decisions, decisions . . .

I can point to a Pennsylvania decision that says the state improperly over stepped it's bounds and
court orders, that so far have been ignored, stating election observers are not being allowed
to do their jobs properly because of democrat interference.

The election does not end today. Cases are going through state courts on their way to the
Supreme Court. You'll just have to be patient to see Biden lose. This takes time.
Ok point to it. Show me which claims actually have enough weight behind them to be taken seriously in court and that cam actually turn this election around. I’d love to see you try and explain this

I believe the latter will win in the end, but it's going to be a very ugly for quite a few years to come.

Half the country and more are waiting for a savior. Much as I believe in our President, he is not that man. What our fellow patriots do not yet and many never "get" is that only they can be their own saviors, in the end. Until such a realization goes viral, status quo and worse shall prevail.

Half the country and more are waiting for a savior. Much as I believe in our President, he is not that man. What our fellow patriots do not yet and many never "get" is that only they can be their own saviors, in the end. Until such a realization goes viral, status quo and worse shall prevail.

I disagree. I don't believe that non-communists are waiting for a savior. Many are quite ready and able to take action on our own.

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Subjective, anecdotal accounts of individuals’ actions are devoid of merit; the acts of a tiny minority of persons are not ‘representative’ of the whole.

And neither Biden nor the Democrats are ‘responsible’ for the acts of that tiny minority of private citizens.

The thread premise is ridiculous sophistry – as idiotic as it is wrong.

Naive and stupid. If the last four years have taught me anything, it's that ANYtime ANYone does ANYthing, it's ALWAYS the president's fault.

i oppose trump for who he is, what he is, who he represents, and what he has done to our nation.

i will not stand idly by while trump and right wingers spit on the constitution and destroy our nation.

i will work against him and you

i will speak against him and you

i will vote against him and you

if you think that makes me your enemy then you can go fuk a flag

No worries. In America we (can?) used to have the right to speak and think and believe in whatever we chose without fear of reprisal. But for God's sake and your own, please never put on the head to toe black and join the radical leftist thug mobs. Sooner, rather than later, you will draw the attention of a hypercarnivore like myself or the OP. I know, you're a cool internet kid and you think our words in this thread are hollow and empty. With great luck and the karmic mercy of the cosmos you will get to continue to think that.

I disagree. I don't believe that non-communists are waiting for a savior. Many are quite ready and able to take action on our own.

Where are they? That's all I am saying.

Yep, only took your Dear Leader getting rejected at the ballot box to sent you tailspinning back into your extremist hate mode.

You are using a a handful of shitheads on the left that police will deal with just fine with to contort yourself into supporting Trump's deplorable refusal to conceed election that he clearly lost. These are not actions of a patriot, these are actions of a self-absorbed despot wannabe.

"conceed"

You're funny. And if you aren't willing to dig deep to preserve the integrity of our election system, then you are nothing but ignorant and hypocritical.

Trump's people and a horde of lawyers are DESPERATELY digging as hard they could, even going so far as offering 1 million dollars for credible election fraud claim.

You know what they've got so far? Right about NOTHING. All major lawsuits they brought got quickly dismmised as frivolous and baseless.

At what point do you say ok, I've seen enough, time to deal with reality that Trump lost fair and square.

Never.

Forum List

Back