I Can't Imagine a God...

so you would prefer that once a woman gets an abortion she just go to hell?.......
Free pass on murder. What a great religion!

God condemns sinners to eternal punishment in Hell because his good nature and holy justice requires him to justly punish sinners for their sins. Sins are crimes against done to an infinite God. Thus, sins are infinitely horrible and get infinite punishment in Hell.

Then your imaginary friends a sadistic fuck. I love you.
And you are a sad fool to rely on the words of posters to tell you who God is. Even if the posters claim to know the Christian faith.

Put it this way --- if anyone tells you they know someone deserves hell or is going to hell they are in a sad state themselves. Do not revert your disgust towards God over that.

You are accountable for your choices, for what you do and for what you choose not to do. And if you choose not to care enough to understand or seek the one true God that could be a problem. Do not rely on posters to explain it all to you.
What does the RCC teach happens to those who are not baptize? What is the RCC doctrine of original sin? How about mortal sins done by unrepentant people?

RCC says if you're not baptized and die, even if just a baby who has no say in such things, you go to Limbo.

"the limbo of infants (limbus parvulorum), where those who die in original sin alone, and without personal mortal sin, are confined and undergo some kind of punishment;"
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA Hell

I can't imagine a God so small that He could be contained in The Torah, The New Testament AND The Koran as the last Word on God, let alone any one of the three as a stand alone.

I must be a Monkey ahead of my Time.
:smoke:

No? With 10 sextillion (10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) other star systems in the universe, some of which more likely than not have intelligent worshippers on them, why wouldn't something this particular system came up with just 2000-3500 years ago be the beginning and end of God? :)
What do say to someone who says you and even his own father are going to burn forever but they love you?

I love God most. God is the only one that I love. From God alone I get my love for other people. Thus, I love people that God also loves.

This is the concept Jesus demonstrated in the Bible, "46 While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. 48 But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

God condemns sinners to eternal punishment in Hell because his good nature and holy justice requires him to justly punish sinners for their sins. Sins are crimes against done to an infinite God. Thus, sins are infinitely horrible and get infinite punishment in Hell.

And you are a sad fool to rely on the words of posters to tell you who God is. Even if the posters claim to know the Christian faith.

Put it this way --- if anyone tells you they know someone deserves hell or is going to hell they are in a sad state themselves. Do not revert your disgust towards God over that.

You are accountable for your choices, for what you do and for what you choose not to do. And if you choose not to care enough to understand or seek the one true God that could be a problem. Do not rely on posters to explain it all to you.
What does the RCC teach happens to those who are not baptize? What is the RCC doctrine of original sin? How about mortal sins done by unrepentant people?

RCC says if you're not baptized and die, even if just a baby who has no say in such things, you go to Limbo.

"the limbo of infants (limbus parvulorum), where those who die in original sin alone, and without personal mortal sin, are confined and undergo some kind of punishment;"

I am not asking what RCC teaches about unbaptized infants that die before the age of accountability.

What about unbaptized adults?

Presumedly a more serious version of Hell since the adult would likely also have the 'personal mortal sins' since they didn't think it something important to do which suggests they also don't follow theological laws.

Sealybobo, it's useless to ask why God don't give you mercy from punishment in Hell. That's a mystery known to God alone.
What a sick fuck he is.
so you believe he exists, you just don't like him......

The creature your religion made up is a sick fucker. Lucky he doesn't exist. I don't like the wicked witch who picked on Dorothy either.
I think you're referring to the creature you pretend my religion made up....God is actually nothing like the being you talk about......

Christians get to commit adultery in their hearts and still go to heaven. You guys even get to murder. How many christian woman have gotten abortions and were very sad and sorry about it and ask god for forviveness and so christians even think they can murder their own babies and still go to heaven? What a brilliant cult story.
so you would prefer that once a woman gets an abortion she just go to hell?.......
you seem confused again......no murderer escapes justice on earth because of Christianity......

You are assuming too many answers or explanations about Church declarations. For one, do not even attempt to assign bona fide “mortal sin” to any act by any individual, repentant or unrepentant. It is far more complex and beyond anyone’s judgment or understanding.

I do not have time to give my own words on that subject, on original sin, or the one you ask about baptism, but a very brilliant priest who has a radio program said the following:

Dear Rev. Know-it-all,
My next door neighbor is a heathen. He refuses to have his children baptized. I have an in-ground pool and we have neighborhood pool parties. I was thinking of secretly baptizing all the neighbor children while no one was looking. After all, one can’t go to heaven without baptism. What do you think of this plan? Sincerely, Duncan Rivers

Dear Duncan,
This is a horrible idea! Who do you think you are? Ned Flanders? Never baptize anyone if there is not a reasonable hope that they will be able to practice the faith, and certainly never baptize a child without the collaboration of its parents or legal guardians. The only possible exception I can imagine is the real and certain danger of imminent death. It makes me even crazier than I already am that people have so little understanding of sacraments. First of all, we don’t know that only the baptized go to heaven. I refer to paragraph 1257 of the Catechism

The Lord himself affirms that Baptism is necessary for salvation. He also commands his disciples to proclaim the Gospel to all nations and to baptize them. Baptism is necessary for salvation for those to whom the Gospel has been proclaimed and who have had the possibility of asking for this sacrament. The Church does not know of any means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude; this is why she takes care not to neglect the mission she has received from the Lord to see that all who can be baptized are "reborn of water and the Spirit." God has bound salvation to the sacrament of Baptism, but he himself is not bound by his sacraments.

What the Catechism is saying is that we leave these things to the mercy and justice of God. As you may know, I am not real big on locutions. I think they should be taken as pious meditations once they have been vetted by the Church, but there is something that St. Faustina has said about the issue. She asked the Lord during one of her visions, “What about all the souls that haven’t had the chance to hear the Gospel.” If I understand the quote properly, Jesus said in essence “Don’t worry. At the hour of death I am my own apostle.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what the council of Vatican II says about those outside communion with the Catholic Church, including pagans: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

Here is one passage from Scripture concerning it all:
Romans 2:14-15 “For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them”

Monkeys bleeding for religion gives me a sad. :( Always has.
Listening to assholes ridiculing the beliefs of others does the same to me.

Welcome to evolution multiplied by language on a dog-eat-dog world of limited resources, Brother.

Opinions and assholes are the only units by which we can be accurately counted.

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) for the freedom to agree to disagree about our beliefs without going all Sunni -vs- Shiite on each other, eh?

`

I was a christian for 30 years.

You were a fake Christian those 30 years. Real Christians are Christians forever.

Not true. If belief can't be changed to unbelief at will, faith is moot.

The definition of a Christian is one who believes that God Himself took on human flesh and walked among us in the skin of a Jew named Jesus and was, by choice, put to death horribly to pay for the sins of everyone, proving His success by walking out of His own tomb three days later, thus paving the way to an eternal life with God for all who believe.

The devil is in the details of defining 'sin', and what happens to those who don't buy in, but that's the basic Christian story. I too believed it once. Hook, line and gold plated sinker.

My humble opinion: Everyone who believes that story is a Christian. People calling themselves 'Christian' without understanding and BELIEVING that story are foolish.

:beer:

This is what I hate about christians. Even if you truly want to help its super obnoxious.

All praise Allah. Allah Akbar habibi. Wolla on the Koran.

I love you sealybobo, as I love myself. Therefore, what I tell you is from love. I talk to you and myself as well. I'm a bad and terrible human being. I'm not good, and neither are you sealybobo. We're both sinners, sinning constantly because we love to sin. Our sins condemn us and we truly deserve God's Holy Justice and eternal punishment in Hell.

Yet, it was God's grace alone that He granted me salvation from Hell by giving me the faith of Jesus Christ. It was God's grace, with no work from me, so I can not boast about myself. I am sure that I never did anything good to deserve God's grace. I'm a terrible sinner, beneath contempt. Sthat I did anything you to treat me. I love God above all else. Let His will be done, and not mine.
I think people like you write this shit to be snarky. Its very offensive and insulting.

What causes you to hate the only people that love you unconditionally?

My parents love me unconditionally. Even they have conditions actually.

Maybe you christians need to worry about being lovable not loving others.

Real Christians aren't suppose to worry about those things. I'm not a hypocrite and I tell people the same things as I tell my family. For example, I tell my Dad, who is an atheist, that he's going to go to Hell without faith in Jesus Christ. I wouldn't bother if I didn't love him. It's frustrating because he's very stubborn and simply doesn't believe in God. I don't know why he doesn't. I know he's going to Hell for sure without Jesus. God already twice saved his life last couple years. My prayers were answered before I knew to pray them, which was awesome. I pray that God will have mercy on my dad and grant him salvation from Hell by giving him faith in Jesus Christ. Everything is in God's hand.

Father, I pray for your blessing. Let your will be done, Father, and not mine.
Hi MaxGrit

Two of my friends who are atheist just don't connect or relate to a "personified" God. That's not how they experience God.
They are secular minded, and experience God in terms of truth and compassion for others. These two I met as longtime leaders in the Peace and Justice community in Houston. Well guess what, Justice and Peace is Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit. As long as they live by Restorative Justice, that is the spirit of Jesus working through them in an impersonal way.
Just like Wisdom is an expression of God's spirit but is impersonal.

As long as they forgive differences and receive others who come in the name of Jesus, and they don't REJECT such people, then they at least have THAT step in salvation, where anyone who receives a child who comes in Jesus name
receives the Son, and who receives the Son receives the Father.

So as long as your father accepts you as a child of God in Jesus name, that is a key step, that connection and it just needs to be strengthened where there is no rejection or division interfering with that relationship in Christ.

I have another atheist friend who just doesn't like theists and Christians, and he knows this interferes with his ability to be open objective and neutral. He also sees the world in terms of natural approaches like Buddhism that make sense to him and motivate him to know and understand what to do and what to change in himself. He doesn't accept my explanation that Christ Jesus fulfills this process of self-awareness, self-realization ability to solve problems.

But he is honest that he just doesn't see the world in the terms and ways that Christians use. He studied and even preached the Bible, and knows all the wrong and right interpretations that denominations argue over, and just doesn't relate to that approach of sharing and rebuking other fellow believers by the Bible. He doesn't like or relate to the people who follow that, and prefers an inward approach that Buddhism helps him with, to work on clearing out the thoughts in his own mind.

You were a fake Christian those 30 years. Real Christians are Christians forever.

The definition of a Christian is one who believes that God Himself took on human flesh and walked among us in the skin of a Jew named Jesus and was, by choice, put to death horribly to pay for the sins of everyone, proving His success by walking out of His own tomb three days later, thus paving the way to an eternal life with God for all who believe.

The devil is in the details of defining 'sin', and what happens to those who don't buy in, but that's the basic Christian story. I too believed it once. Hook, line and gold plated sinker.

My humble opinion: Everyone who believes that story is a Christian. People calling themselves 'Christian' without understanding and BELIEVING that story are foolish.

??? Dear AVG-JOE
I believe I am Emily Nghiem and I was born to Vietnamese parents.
Sure I take that on faith. Are you saying if I can't WILL myself to change my beliefs about that,
then faith is moot?

I understand faith should not be coerced and/or based on false conditions.

But just because someone cannot change their beliefs, why are you saying faith is pointless, what?

Can you please explain what you mean, because obviously I missed it Thanks Joe!

It's impossible for the saints to lose their faith.

Carnal faith is false faith in Jesus Christ. Carnal faith is man's delusion and there is no work of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Carnal faith can be lost. I define false Christians as all people with carnal faith in Jesus Christ.

BTW AVG-JOE I believe that my faith in Restorative Justice being the spirit of Christ Jesus for all humanity,
makes me Christian even though I follow natural laws as a secular gentile.

So I do not fit your narrow CONDITION on Christian faith.

If you believe your faith means you should be able to change beliefs,
can you change this belief to be expanded, and that there may be other
ways of expressing faith in Christ besides the limited scenario you painted which I feel is culturally biased.

Gentiles under natural laws are also governed by Christ Jesus as a separate fold of the same flock.
So experiences by people like me on that path are not necessarily how you depict using just the Bible in that way.

Can you change your belief? Or is your faith "moot" on this point?

Carnal faith is false faith in Jesus Christ. Carnal faith is man's delusion and there is no work of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Carnal faith can be lost. I define false Christians as all people with carnal faith in Jesus Christ.

I would say false Christianity is to true Christianity
what false Charity is to true Charity. If you are doing things for show, to SHOW that you are giving and being good, that is still for material reward why you are doing things and not unconditional. If you give and live for lovesake in itself, where it is its own reward, where it is unconditional, that is letting God's love flow through and express itself for the benefit of all. Not doing it for self-serving outcomes.

If you hold on to beliefs based on CONDITIONS (instead of truly accepting unconditionally), and you still have issues of fear or unforgiveness/rejection going on, that may interfere with your full faith. Fear often indicates where fear is lacking.

One of the worst conditions: if you believe in holding on to certain teachings or rules, because you FEAR that you will go to hell by dishonoring God, if this is based on FEAR instead of LOVE, that can cause false faith.

But God nor the vast majority of believers in God are to blame for the actions of a few unscrupulous men (and/or women).

The query that must be posed is, have any of the ancient stories been used as often by the unscrupulous as by the truly pious?

If the history of any given story proves to be about a 50/50 split between being used for good and used for evil, what does that say to the odds that the story in question is actually God's tool on earth?

What are the odds that God would EVER allow his tool to be used for evil? :dunno:

I love you sealybobo, as I love myself. Therefore, what I tell you is from love. I talk to you and myself as well. I'm a bad and terrible human being. I'm not good, and neither are you sealybobo. We're both sinners, sinning constantly because we love to sin. Our sins condemn us and we truly deserve God's Holy Justice and eternal punishment in Hell.

Yet, it was God's grace alone that He granted me salvation from Hell by giving me the faith of Jesus Christ. It was God's grace, with no work from me, so I can not boast about myself. I am sure that I never did anything good to deserve God's grace. I'm a terrible sinner, beneath contempt. Sthat I did anything you to treat me. I love God above all else. Let His will be done, and not mine.
I think people like you write this shit to be snarky. Its very offensive and insulting.

What causes you to hate the only people that love you unconditionally?

My parents love me unconditionally. Even they have conditions actually.

Maybe you christians need to worry about being lovable not loving others.

Real Christians aren't suppose to worry about those things. I'm not a hypocrite and I tell people the same things as I tell my family. For example, I tell my Dad, who is an atheist, that he's going to go to Hell without faith in Jesus Christ. I wouldn't bother if I didn't love him. It's frustrating because he's very stubborn and simply doesn't believe in God. I don't know why he doesn't. I know he's going to Hell for sure without Jesus. God already twice saved his life last couple years. My prayers were answered before I knew to pray them, which was awesome. I pray that God will have mercy on my dad and grant him salvation from Hell by giving him faith in Jesus Christ. Everything is in God's hand.

Father, I pray for your blessing. Let your will be done, Father, and not mine.
Hi MaxGrit

Two of my friends who are atheist just don't connect or relate to a "personified" God. That's not how they experience God.
They are secular minded, and experience God in terms of truth and compassion for others. These two I met as longtime leaders in the Peace and Justice community in Houston. Well guess what, Justice and Peace is Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit. As long as they live by Restorative Justice, that is the spirit of Jesus working through them in an impersonal way.
Just like Wisdom is an expression of God's spirit but is impersonal.

As long as they forgive differences and receive others who come in the name of Jesus, and they don't REJECT such people, then they at least have THAT step in salvation, where anyone who receives a child who comes in Jesus name
receives the Son, and who receives the Son receives the Father.

So as long as your father accepts you as a child of God in Jesus name, that is a key step, that connection and it just needs to be strengthened where there is no rejection or division interfering with that relationship in Christ.

I have another atheist friend who just doesn't like theists and Christians, and he knows this interferes with his ability to be open objective and neutral. He also sees the world in terms of natural approaches like Buddhism that make sense to him and motivate him to know and understand what to do and what to change in himself. He doesn't accept my explanation that Christ Jesus fulfills this process of self-awareness, self-realization ability to solve problems.

But he is honest that he just doesn't see the world in the terms and ways that Christians use. He studied and even preached the Bible, and knows all the wrong and right interpretations that denominations argue over, and just doesn't relate to that approach of sharing and rebuking other fellow believers by the Bible. He doesn't like or relate to the people who follow that, and prefers an inward approach that Buddhism helps him with, to work on clearing out the thoughts in his own mind.

Hahah, don't worry about the relationship between me and my dad. He knows I warn him about Hell because I love him. I also told my mom that she's going to Hell if she dies without Jesus Christ. I just called her and told her to watch the video about Hell. She was grateful that I love her and want her to be well.

Hell is real. Please warn others about Hell.

BTW AVG-JOE I believe that my faith in Restorative Justice being the spirit of Christ Jesus for all humanity,
makes me Christian even though I follow natural laws as a secular gentile.

So I do not fit your narrow CONDITION on Christian faith.

If you believe your faith means you should be able to change beliefs,
can you change this belief to be expanded, and that there may be other
ways of expressing faith in Christ besides the limited scenario you painted which I feel is culturally biased.

Gentiles under natural laws are also governed by Christ Jesus as a separate fold of the same flock.
So experiences by people like me on that path are not necessarily how you depict using just the Bible in that way.

Can you change your belief? Or is your faith "moot" on this point?
I have changed my beliefs. Many times. Haven't you?

When too many questions led to a variation of "I'll just have to ask Jesus when I see Him in Heaven." for an answer, it was time to question the stories.

I would say false Christianity is to true Christianity
what false Charity is to true Charity. If you are doing things for show, to SHOW that you are giving and being good, that is still for material reward why you are doing things and not unconditional. If you give and live for lovesake in itself, where it is its own reward, where it is unconditional, that is letting God's love flow through and express itself for the benefit of all. Not doing it for self-serving outcomes.

If you hold on to beliefs based on CONDITIONS (instead of truly accepting unconditionally), and you still have issues of fear or unforgiveness/rejection going on, that may interfere with your full faith. Fear often indicates where fear is lacking.

One of the worst conditions: if you believe in holding on to certain teachings or rules, because you FEAR that you will go to hell by dishonoring God, if this is based on FEAR instead of LOVE, that can cause false faith.

No.

Forum List

Back