I don't get it. Do republicans even acknowledge the colossal mess of our nation's infrastructure?

It's amazing to me how republicans in power bitch about entitlement programs, yet won't do a fucking thing to fix our infrastructure. Not only do they refuse to cut any defense spending to pay for it, but they refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy. Taxing the wealthy is the ONLY way this mess is going to be fixed without adding more unnecessary government debt.
Where does the federal government need to spend money on infrastructure?

America’s crumbling infrastructure Bridging the gap

The Pulaski Skyway is a bridge of beauty, a lattice of steel held high above the river that separates Newark from Jersey City. It is also a bit rickety. Some of its struts have begun to resemble the pastry on a millefeuille. Its structure is described as “basically intolerable” by the National Bridge Inventory. The thousands of motorists who cross it each day probably agree. With no money to pay for its maintenance, New Jersey re-classified the Pulaski as an entrance to a tunnel that maps suggest lies miles to its north, so that the Port Authority could be tapped for funds. For this, Chris Christie, the state’s governor—who has had other troubles with bridges recently—finds his administration under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission and New York’s District Attorney.

20140628_USC244_0.png

Look at this bonehead blaming Republicans for the crumbling infrastructure. Obama and the Democrats have run our debt up so high we'll never be able to pay it off yet the infrastructure is still crumbling. Welfare and food stamp spending, however, has skyrocketed. If the OP had a brain he would put two and two together and realize that the Dems are the ones controlling the money. Instead, he blames Bush. Figures, doesn't it? More proof that liberals are stupid.

I'm sorry, but the data doesn't support your contention.

US Federal Debt
I clicked on your link. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Governors Join Obama in Infrastructure Spending Plea

The nation’s governors on Tuesday joined President Obama in urging Congress to boost spending this year on highway, bridges, power grids and other infrastructure to meet the growing demand and help keep the economic recovery alive.

“To be frank, too little federal investment in infrastructure is handicapping U.S. business in global markets,” Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, chair of the National Governors Association, said during the NGA’s third annual “State of the States” address at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. “What was new 65 years ago now has to be rebuilt or repaired. . . Governors know that you can’t build a competitive economy without the foundation provided by modernized infrastructure.”[...]

The American Society of Civil Engineers pegs the infrastructure spending gap at $125 billion a year just to maintain and repair highways and bridges. The civil engineers group in a report card gave the nation’s infrastructure a grade of D+, noting a tremendous backlog and a “pressing need for modernization.”

After years of massive highway construction, Congress and state governments allowed their capital budgets to wither in the past decade as they struggled with the recession and budget deficits.

Look at this bonehead blaming Republicans for the crumbling infrastructure. Obama and the Democrats have run our debt up so high we'll never be able to pay it off yet the infrastructure is still crumbling. Welfare and food stamp spending, however, has skyrocketed. If the OP had a brain he would put two and two together and realize that the Dems are the ones controlling the money. Instead, he blames Bush. Figures, doesn't it? More proof that liberals are stupid.

US Federal Debt

Yes, it's hysterical that you blame the Democrats for all the spending.

US Federal Debt

It's hysterical that you posted that link.

US Federal Debt

You mean the link you can't counter with facts of your own? That link? What you're doing is deflecting...which is a typical RW response to facts they cannot counter. Thanks so much for living the stereotype.

Lol it's amazing how ignorant you people are. Welfare spending increased due to automatic spending increases, not because of Obama. Not only that, but food stamp spending specifically was cut by republicans under Obama and is now at the level it was before which is a measly 70 billion per year. It is only food stamp participation that has increased since the the great Bush recession, not the amount spent.
So there are more people on it but less spending? Billy, are you on drugs?
Look it up for yourself.

It's amazing to me how republicans in power bitch about entitlement programs, yet won't do a fucking thing to fix our infrastructure. Not only do they refuse to cut any defense spending to pay for it, but they refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy. Taxing the wealthy is the ONLY way this mess is going to be fixed without adding more unnecessary government debt.
Aand another Billy Triple Fail Troll Thread rolls out.
Hey, Billy. Where are all the collapsing bridges and crumbling roads? Didnt Barack Obama get a Porkulus Bill passed with billions for "infrastructure"? Where'd the money go?
If I believed Obama fixed the problem I wouldn't have posted this thread you dumb shit.

Pretty much 2009 was a one year thing and after that we have slid down to the lowest levels since the 1990's. The republicans don't give a damn about maintaining our leadership in shit...The only thing they're good at is law enforcement...Both parties have problems.

US Federal Debt

You mean the link you can't counter with facts of your own? That link? What you're doing is deflecting...which is a typical RW response to facts they cannot counter. Thanks so much for living the stereotype.
It's a bogus site and you know it, fraud.

Lol it's amazing how ignorant you people are. Welfare spending increased due to automatic spending increases, not because of Obama. Not only that, but food stamp spending specifically was cut by republicans under Obama and is now at the level it was before which is a measly 70 billion per year. It is only food stamp participation that has increased since the the great Bush recession, not the amount spent.
So there are more people on it but less spending? Billy, are you on drugs?
Look it up for yourself.
Translation: I got nothing.
That's why you're "Billy Triple Fail", most failed poster on USMB.

Republicans are trapped in their anti-tax anti-government fanaticism that has been imposed on them by the far rightwing extremists in the party and therefore they have to ignore the infrastructure.

Aand another Billy Triple Fail Troll Thread rolls out.
Hey, Billy. Where are all the collapsing bridges and crumbling roads? Didnt Barack Obama get a Porkulus Bill passed with billions for "infrastructure"? Where'd the money go?
If I believed Obama fixed the problem I wouldn't have posted this thread you dumb shit.
Where'd the money go? Why will spending a billion or two more fix what wasnt fixed under Obama? Why is it different this time?
MOre Billy Triple fail.

Republicans are trapped in their anti-tax anti-government fanaticism that has been imposed on them by the far rightwing extremists in the party and therefore they have to ignore the infrastructure.
Leftists are trapped by their ideology that another gov't program, a little more spending, a few more regulations can solve any problem.

I'm sure the private sector will fix all our roads and bridges someday. You know, that private sector that the RWers claim can do everything better than the public sector.

US Federal Debt

It's a bogus site and you know it, fraud.

Because it came from a .edu address? Can you counter any of the facts provided in the link, yes or no?

US_Federal_Debt_as_Percent_of_GDP_Color_Coded_Congress_Control_and_Presidents_Highlighted.png

Forum List

Back