I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

A record of violence, he assaulted a police officer, got off through Pre Trial diversion. Had an Injunction against him for domestic violence, dismissed after he filed one also.

Was rejected from a police academy, reasons unknown. Set himself up as the "Neighborhood Watch" in his community.

Called 911 the EVENING he killed an armed teenager, Trayvon Martin. Ignored the advice given, and continued following the teenager.

Suffered minor wounds at some point in the encounter. Zimmerman was found standing over the young man he killed when police arrived minutes later. He went to a doctor the next day. Never entered a hospital, the police describe his injuries as NOT SERIOUS.

He remains free, in hiding, allegedly remorseful; why he might be remorseful after he killed in "self defense" is also unknown.

The evidence in the case is stale, no toxicology tests were done on the killer. Little evidence collected by the Sanford PD, no further investigation until the killing was publicized.

Why do many anti crime, usual victims' advocates, turn this 28 year old man into a sympathetic figure? The 17 year old victim will never see the light of day again. Trayvon Martin is the victim, not George Zimmerman.

I SEE YOU ARE BEING IMPARTIAL AGAIN.

Lets try this. Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Seems the kid also swung on a bus driver and was slamming Zimmerman's head into the pavement. The kid attacked Zimmerman. As evidenced by EYEWITNESS testimony. That is a fact. It is also a fact he broke his nose and put a wound on the back of his head. All corroborated by EYEWITNESS testimony.

I think I will believe Zimmerman when he says he called for help and did not fire until he feared for his life. The fact his the girl friend confirms all he did is ask him a question. An eye witness confirms Martin ASSAULTED Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground with one blow and pounded his head into the pavement. His online activity shows he had at least one violent encounter with a bus driver as well.

Zimmerman claims he tried to take his gun, which would appear, based on EYEWITNESS testimony to appear to be what happened. Knocked to the ground with the assailant pounding his head on the ground he then grabs for the gun. Zimmerman defended himself.

But thanks for staying impartial and all.

How do you know that Travon didn't think he was going to be assaulted by Zimmerman? If I had someone following me through a neighborhood--and I hadn't done anything wrong--I would assume that this Hispanic was out to get me. Zimmerman had made 47 calls to the police in the last several months--which tells me--he was the one that was the aggressor. Police tapes--telling him NOT to follow this kid--he didn't listen too. If the kid jumped him thinking he was defending himself--and then got killed over it--who's fault is it?

Last edited:
Trayvon Martin: Jeb Bush says "stand your ground" law doesn't apply to George Zimmerman's reported actions - Orlando Sentinel

The death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has put Florida's "stand your ground" law under scrutiny after police cited it as one reason they did not arrest George Zimmerman, the 28-year-old Neighborhood Watch volunteer who said he shot Trayvon in self-defense.

But the man who signed "stand your ground" into law says officials have it wrong. Speaking Friday in Texas, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said "stand your ground" doesn't apply to this case."Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back," Bush told The Dallas Morning News.

Yeah--pursuit was not included in this bill. It is a horrible tragedy that didn't need to happen. We had a self-appointed neighborhood watch guy that had called police 47 times in the last several months--which tells me this Zimmerman was looking for a confrontation.

The police should have arrested him immediately for violating their statement to not pursue--and he did it anyway.

I don't see how it's not going to be found that it was pre-meditated manslaughter; if not pre-meditated murder.

There are 30 people named George Zimmerman in the white pages in Florida. If he is one of these people, then this is all for naught really.

I still say, what spike lee did was wrong. It hurts us who really want justice served.
(Oh and they are going to do everything they can to discredit the victim. I already see it.)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnames.whitepages.com%2Fflorida%2Fgeorge%2Fzimmerman&ei=ZzRxT6nkCufUsgLBj8TjDg&usg=AFQjCNGXPhydIBrH-p8Xfl2nemQr5VMg7g&sig2=NX5cxpHaS23Ebq9LE_T5yQ

Hopefully they will do everything they can, in order to get to the bottom of this mess...It is my wishes that neither of the individuals involved, get falsely discredited.....:eusa_pray:

Why do many anti crime, usual victims' advocates, turn this 28 year old man into a sympathetic figure? The 17 year old victim will never see the light of day again. Trayvon Martin is the victim, not George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman has gone into hiding. He may never see the light of day again either. The difference is Zimmerman doesn't deserve to see it.

Agreed---he over-reacted to the situation--and I think he was the aggressor in this.

A record of violence, he assaulted a police officer, got off through Pre Trial diversion. Had an Injunction against him for domestic violence, dismissed after he filed one also.

Was rejected from a police academy, reasons unknown. Set himself up as the "Neighborhood Watch" in his community.

Called 911 the EVENING he killed an armed teenager, Trayvon Martin. Ignored the advice given, and continued following the teenager.

Suffered minor wounds at some point in the encounter. Zimmerman was found standing over the young man he killed when police arrived minutes later. He went to a doctor the next day. Never entered a hospital, the police describe his injuries as NOT SERIOUS.

He remains free, in hiding, allegedly remorseful; why he might be remorseful after he killed in "self defense" is also unknown.

The evidence in the case is stale, no toxicology tests were done on the killer. Little evidence collected by the Sanford PD, no further investigation until the killing was publicized.

Lets try this. Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Seems the kid also swung on a bus driver and was slamming Zimmerman's head into the pavement. The kid attacked Zimmerman. As evidenced by EYEWITNESS testimony. That is a fact. It is also a fact he broke his nose and put a wound on the back of his head. All corroborated by EYEWITNESS testimony.

I think I will believe Zimmerman when he says he called for help and did not fire until he feared for his life. The fact his the girl friend confirms all he did is ask him a question. An eye witness confirms Martin ASSAULTED Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground with one blow and pounded his head into the pavement. His online activity shows he had at least one violent encounter with a bus driver as well.

Zimmerman claims he tried to take his gun, which would appear, based on EYEWITNESS testimony to appear to be what happened. Knocked to the ground with the assailant pounding his head on the ground he then grabs for the gun. Zimmerman defended himself.

The head bashing is untrue, even the Sanford police reported NO SERIOUS INJURIES. I had a wound to his head which a DOCTOR treated, perhaps with pain medication. NO hospital visit. My bias is in favor of a complete investigation in in ANY killing; that did not happen here & it may do not know if Zimmerman did commit a crime; I DO know the shooting death should have a been priority with law enforcement in February, not late March.

You said the magic words there.

A person died from a gunshot wound. There was no investigation.
I've had my house burglarized and the cops showed up 4 hours after.
I've had my IPOD stolen out of my car and the cops didn't even show up.
I would like to think that when someone is gunned down--regardless of the reasoning--the cops would make a complete investigation.

I would think that the parents would have strong case, if they choose to pursue it, in the arena of civil rights. I'd hate to think that the reason it wasn't even investigated was because he was black. Sadly, thats the way it looks.

I mean, is crime THAT bad in Sanford that the cops don't have the manpower to investigate someone being gunned down?

Trayvon Martin: Jeb Bush says "stand your ground" law doesn't apply to George Zimmerman's reported actions - Orlando Sentinel

The death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has put Florida's "stand your ground" law under scrutiny after police cited it as one reason they did not arrest George Zimmerman, the 28-year-old Neighborhood Watch volunteer who said he shot Trayvon in self-defense.

But the man who signed "stand your ground" into law says officials have it wrong. Speaking Friday in Texas, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said "stand your ground" doesn't apply to this case."Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back," Bush told The Dallas Morning News.

Yeah--pursuit was not included in this bill. It is a horrible tragedy that didn't need to happen. We had a self-appointed neighborhood watch guy that had called police 47 times in the last several months--which tells me this Zimmerman was looking for a confrontation.

The police should have arrested him immediately for violating their statement to not pursue--and he did it anyway.

I don't see how it's not going to be found that it was pre-meditated manslaughter; if not pre-meditated murder.

It's at least manslaughter--if not 2nd degree murder. The stand your ground law does not include pursuit. Nor would it include inciting a fight--and then killing someone--and I think that's what happened. Travon--not knowing the neighborhood--did not know who Zimmerman was. Zimmerman--starts to follow him in his car--the police tell him to back off--for some reason Zimmerman gets out of his car--then a witness sees them both on the ground--and then a shot is fired--and we have a dead 16 year old kid who was carrying ice tea and a bag of chips.

Zimmerman should have been arrested on the spot.

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

Sure you can.

con·front/kənˈfrənt/
Verb:

1. Meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.
2. Face up to and deal with (a problem or difficult situation).

Self-Defense:
1. To defend one's self against a confrontation or attack.
2. (Conservative Definition) To chase someone and then, after being told to stop chasing them, chase them some more and shoot them.

Zimmerman isn't the "shooter" he's the shooter, the killer.

Trayvon Martin is dead. Do you understand that. D.E.A.D.
Until it is proven that Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin in cold blood, he is George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman, who ended up defending himself against an attack by another, in which resulted in the discharge of a handgun, thus killing the attacker he was earlier conducting survielence on in the area. The full details of the case are not completely known, but an investigation is being conducted in order to get to the bottom of the incident that took a young man's life, and left another mans life hanging in the balance..

Now this is what responsible media should be doing, and not what was seen on the Rachael Maddow show tonight..

Last edited:
A 17 year old boy goes out to get a snack and a can of tea. No prior record, no prior problems with fighting or aggressiveness. A man that has had prior problems on both accounts is out with a gun. He follows the boy, and, in spite of being told not to, confronts him. The boy asks "Why are you following me?", the man asks, "What are you doing here". That is the last we know of the exchange, what we do know, is that a fight ensued, and the man with the gun killed the boy.

From this alone, I would say a murder took place. The man had no right to confront the boy. At that point, the boy had the right to do whatever he could, not knowing what the fellow was up to.

Yet, once again, the wingnuts have come down on the side of the criminal.
When did citizens lose their right to confront another in public?

What date was that? I really should know this so I can operate within the law when in public.

Thanks in advance.

What's the name of the eyewitness that saw Zimmerman get attacked?

Are you stupid? The original poster of the tape clarified it IN THIS THREAD, I quoted it for you. The Husband of the woman that made the call stated it was Zimmerman calling for help. Do try to keep up with all that fact finding of yours.

Wait, are you basing it off of the witness or the 911 tape? Which one? What about the witness who said it was Martin screaming? Yet again, you are being a textbook example of confirmation bias. You are ignoring the evidence that conflicts with your conclusion, and trumpeting only those things that would support your conclusion. And you seem completely unable to give any good reason why to reject and affirm those particular pieces of evidence that you've chosen to reject and confirm. And you have the audacity to say that I'm being biased? I'm the only one looking for a CONSISTENT explanation in all of this.

You are a RETARD. An eye witness stated that he saw Zimmerman calling for help and that he asked his wife to call 911. The original poster provided that information with a LINK to back it up. The only one being dishonest or stupid is you.

There's all kinds of testimony right now. Another states that it was Travon that was yelling for help. Furthermore--this didn't happen in Zimmerman's yard--he was pursuing Travon with his car. The police told him not to do that--he didn't listen--instead he got out of his car--and that's when the altercation took place. Zimmerman has made 47 CALLS to police within the last several months. Zimmerman was looking for trouble, and he found it.

Zimmerman should have been arrested for violating the stand your ground law--by pursuing this kid--and I believe it was Zimmerman who incited this incident.

Last edited:
Are you stupid? The original poster of the tape clarified it IN THIS THREAD, I quoted it for you. The Husband of the woman that made the call stated it was Zimmerman calling for help. Do try to keep up with all that fact finding of yours.

Wait, are you basing it off of the witness or the 911 tape? Which one? What about the witness who said it was Martin screaming? Yet again, you are being a textbook example of confirmation bias. You are ignoring the evidence that conflicts with your conclusion, and trumpeting only those things that would support your conclusion. And you seem completely unable to give any good reason why to reject and affirm those particular pieces of evidence that you've chosen to reject and confirm. And you have the audacity to say that I'm being biased? I'm the only one looking for a CONSISTENT explanation in all of this.

You are a RETARD. An eye witness stated that he saw Zimmerman calling for help and that he asked his wife to call 911. The original poster provided that information with a LINK to back it up. The only one being dishonest or stupid is you.

What, a LINK to back it up? Is there a NAME to back it up?

Where is the evidence of such injuries?
Has he gone to the hospital?

In the police report. It mentioned a cut on his head, and grass stains on his shirt. I don't know about the broken nose, but the paramedics actually wanted to take Zimmerman in.

Maybe they were part of the conspiracy.

Where are the records?

Of the doctor visit? Pretty sure they are private, which would make it illegal to release them.

A black eye or black eyes are typical of a broken nose.

Are they? Even if that is true, it never happens instantaneously.

Does Zimmerman have at least A black eye?
All here say.

No one has seen him recently. He did, however, have enough damage to make the police believe he was in a fight.

Page 2: Trayvon Martin Shooter Says Teenager Went for His Gun - ABC News

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

The law affords people enormous leeway to use deadly force if they feel their life is seriously endangered. Sonner said Zimmerman felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Corey, a veteran prosecutor known for her zealous defense of victims rights was hand-picked by Florida Gov. Rick Scott for the job. But she faces other challenges in the case.

While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

Forum List

Back