I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

Sure you can.

con·front/kənˈfrənt/
Verb:

1. Meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.
2. Face up to and deal with (a problem or difficult situation).

Self-Defense:
1. To defend one's self against a confrontation or attack.
2. (Conservative Definition) To chase someone and then, after being told to stop chasing them, chase them some more and shoot them.
:cuckoo:

Typical leftie. Can't stand real definitions, so you make one up.

Page 2: Trayvon Martin Shooter Says Teenager Went for His Gun - ABC News

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

The law affords people enormous leeway to use deadly force if they feel their life is seriously endangered. Sonner said Zimmerman felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Corey, a veteran prosecutor known for her zealous defense of victims rights was hand-picked by Florida Gov. Rick Scott for the job. But she faces other challenges in the case.

While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

========

Was Trayvon Martin a Drug Dealer?

To learn more about Trayvon’s character, we have to look to his friends and family to offer clues.
Unfortunately, it seems as if most people who knew him are intent on cleaning up his image,
rather than discussing what Trayvon was really like.

Page 2: Trayvon Martin Shooter Says Teenager Went for His Gun - ABC News

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

The law affords people enormous leeway to use deadly force if they feel their life is seriously endangered. Sonner said Zimmerman felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Corey, a veteran prosecutor known for her zealous defense of victims rights was hand-picked by Florida Gov. Rick Scott for the job. But she faces other challenges in the case.

While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

========

Was Trayvon Martin a Drug Dealer?

To learn more about Trayvon’s character, we have to look to his friends and family to offer clues.
Unfortunately, it seems as if most people who knew him are intent on cleaning up his image,
rather than discussing what Trayvon was really like.

Absolutely it does. It covers unverified information - ie "So and so DID something" or "so-and-so SAID something"....

Hearsay is not unverified information, it is indirect information. Hearsay involves you getting talking to someone else and repeating what they said, period. You might talk about what they say they did, but you are still talking about what they said.

Feel free to provide any kind of link to prove me wrong, even a really bad crime novel.

How about the dictionary?

hear·say
   /ˈhɪərˌseɪ/ Show Spelled[heer-sey] Show IPA
noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

How about the dictionary.

Do you get that information, or gossip, by watching or by listening? Hint, if you watch, it is your knowledge, and, by definition, not hearsay.

Instead of always trying to prove me wrong you might want to admit you are wrong occasionally.

its zimmermans words vs a dead kid....oh boy...

Still not hearsay. And, like it or not, there is evidence that supports Zimmerman's story, and witnesses that saw him on the ground under Martin.

But, like I said in my OP, I am not going to let facts change my opinion, Zimmermen should be hunted down and killed. It is good to see I am not the only one to think that way.

We don't hunt people down and kill them based on one's belief that they are guilty.

Ah, c'mon. Why the hell not? Lynchings are so much fun.

:razz:

its zimmermans words vs a dead kid....oh boy...

Still not hearsay. And, like it or not, there is evidence that supports Zimmerman's story, and witnesses that saw him on the ground under Martin.

But, like I said in my OP, I am not going to let facts change my opinion, Zimmermen should be hunted down and killed. It is good to see I am not the only one to think that way.

yes yes "witnesses" who happen to see zimmermans side, and yet nothing for trayvon........Yet nobody saw the punch...

If,Zimmerman is telling the truth it might explain why the witnesses are verifying what he said. As for the punch, somebody should have had a cell phone out filming it. Since they didn't, it proves it didn't happen, which proves Zimmerman is lying.

Hunt him down and kill him. :evil:

Absolutely it does. It covers unverified information - ie "So and so DID something" or "so-and-so SAID something"....

When the PERSON that saw it says it, it is NOT hearsay. But then don't let pesky things like facts cloud the issue.

That is correct. I'm not saying otherwise...
When the person who saw it says it, then it comes down to a credibility test...

Then why are you trying to prove me wrong when I said Zimmerman saying he was attacked is not hearsay?

No matter what happens at this point in this case. the rabid left have made sure of the impossibility of Mr. Zimmerman getting a fair and impartial jury.. should it come to that..Way to go libturds..

The unbalanced coverage of this is my biggest complaint. I have followed several cases that were wrongful convictions, which were overturned, and one thing many of those cases have in common is a bias media willing to convict them before they set foot in a court room.

We all have the right to a fair trial and I don't see how that is possible when the media taints the jury pool. How many people hate Zimmerman and are hoping like hell they get a chance to be on the jury? They will lie about being bias and say what they need to in order to get chosen even though they have already made up their minds and could care less about what is presented in court.

Umm..

If there was no media circus about this, there would be NO trial at all - the police were content to let Zimmerman go home, and ignore the dead kid.

He still hasn't been arrested yet, but it's nice to see how worried you are about whether he gets a "fair trial".

Would no trial at all been "fair"?

The media jumping to conclusions justifies a trial?

Not that I am going to let facts sway my opinion, Zimmerman is obviously guilty and needs to be hinted down and killed.

:eusa_whistle:

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.
Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police. Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, according to the account he gave police.
Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.
Zimmerman began yelling for help.
Several witnesses heard those cries, and there has been a dispute about whether they came from Zimmerman or Trayvon.
Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.
One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.
Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

Wow, only took him 1 month to get his story straight.

We should definitely just believe whatever Zimmerman says. No need to put it to a Grand Jury. If the shooter says his shooting was justified - then obviously it is.

Come on guys, this is like law enforcement 101 - if someone commits a homicide and they tell you they did it in self defense - then they couldn't possibly be lying to protect themselves.

The unbalanced coverage of this is my biggest complaint. I have followed several cases that were wrongful convictions, which were overturned, and one thing many of those cases have in common is a bias media willing to convict them before they set foot in a court room.

We all have the right to a fair trial and I don't see how that is possible when the media taints the jury pool. How many people hate Zimmerman and are hoping like hell they get a chance to be on the jury? They will lie about being bias and say what they need to in order to get chosen even though they have already made up their minds and could care less about what is presented in court.

Umm..

If there was no media circus about this, there would be NO trial at all - the police were content to let Zimmerman go home, and ignore the dead kid.

He still hasn't been arrested yet, but it's nice to see how worried you are about whether he gets a "fair trial".

If Zimmerman had been arrested from the get-go, there would be no media at all. This would be like hundreds of other manslaughter cases across the country...ignored.

Why arrest him? Do you want everyone who gets attacked arrested?

Umm..

If Zimmerman had been arrested from the get-go, there would be no media at all. This would be like hundreds of other manslaughter cases across the country...ignored.

Why arrest him? Do you want everyone who gets attacked arrested?

People who commit homicides should generally be arrested, yes.

I think it's worth pointing out that the picture we keep seeing of Trayvon is him when he was 12 years old. When he died he was 17 years old, 6'-3" tall, and weighed 140 pounds. They should start showing a more recent photo of him, because this one of him as child is distorting who he actually was. He was big enough to get Zimmerman on the ground, get on top of him, break his nose, and smash his head into the pavement.

When the first call was made by Zimmerman, the time was 7:00 pm. In Orlando the sun had set at 6:23 (37 minutes earler) and civil dusk had come at 6:50. Civil dusk is a state of light such that you can still see outlines but not details.

I say that last about the light because Juan Williams on FNC repeatedly says that a white kid carrying skittles and a can of ice tea would not be shot, and that explains why this was a racist act. With the light available it might have easily been possible to see that the person did not have a white face, but what he was carrying (including a cellphone) would not have been easily discerned.

Nice try but Zimmerman had already identified him as a black youth on the phone...and not just by calling him a fucking c word for black person.

6' 3" and 140 pounds? Kid would fall down a drain he was so skinny.

Are you forgetting that Zimmerman pursued this young man who was doing nothing more than walking home after getting a snack?

He did? You have an interesting imagination, don't you?

Umm..

How do you try someone that did not break any laws?

I'm just curious as to where it is legal to shoot and kill someone for punching you in the nose, regardless of who started it? If this kid did attack Zimmerman unprovoked, which is debatable, how is it that Zimmerman, weighing 100 pounds more than the kid, gets beat up to the point that he needs to use a gun to defend himself? What a fucking pussy, if that is the case. If he's that much of a pussy, he should never have been following the kid in the first place. But then, I don't buy that story.

There have been no reports that a witness saw the initial punch Zimmerman told police about

so its all heresay..

better than nothing

U.S. News - Trayvon Martin was suspended three times from school

In October, Martin was suspended with friends for writing “W.T.F.” on a hallway locker,
according to a school report obtained by the Herald.
A security guard looking through his backpack for the graffiti marker and instead found women’s rings
and earrings and a screwdriver, described by the staffer as a “burglary tool.”

Ben Crump, an attorney for Martin’s parents, told the Herald they had never heard about the bag of jewelry.

“And anyway, it’s completely irrelevant to what happened Feb. 26,” Crump told the Miami Herald.
“They never heard this and don’t believe it’s true.

Umm..

How do you try someone that did not break any laws?

he killed someone....you get a trial.
you are just sad

Umm, not necessarily.

In Florida the law actually requires police to prove you did something wrong before they arrest you. Wouldn't it be wonderful if every state required that?

Forum List

Back